PDA

View Full Version : Androsterone

CJ01
12-21-2001, 01:48 AM
I´m thinking of getting one of the -rone bottles to mix with the other products I have and will be getting. Someone mentioned -rone a while ago but I forgot what exactly was being said. Apparantly it´s rather smelly stuff, is this correct?
I might add it to NPA and PI/w, has anyone added the -rone to something other than the chem set and gotten results?
CJ

oscar
12-21-2001, 04:43 PM
CJ,

I found that the A-Rone from the kit tended to dominate un-scented mixes when used in proportions where it amounted to greater than 10% of the total phero content.

I tried a 4N-3L-2R \"unscented\" AE clone, and at 22% of total phero content in this mix, the Rone just SCREAMED!

But 10% is a good level. It\'s the proportion of Rone that Stone uses in both men\'s and women\'s P10. And I can\'t find any faults in P10\'s recipe!

I\'ve been thinking about augmenting some PPAm with some Nol and Rone to get its phero content to mirror mP10\'s (6N-3L-1R).
So I took PPA\'s None content, 2.25mg, and divided it by 6 to find out what one \"part\" would be. One part would be .375mg. And I want 6 parts None (already in there), 3 parts Nol, and 1 part Rone. I\'ve already got the .375mg (1 part) number for the amount of Rone to add, so, multiply .375 times 3, and now I know I need to add 1.125mg of Nol. And the kit pheros are 1mg/ml, so that makes it easy.

1 bottle of PPAm + 1.125ml of Nol +.375ml of Rone = PPAm with the phero signature of Perfect Ten. This would raise PPA\'s phero concentration from .015% to .025%. Not bad.

Sorry about going off on a tangent. images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-22-2001, 01:14 PM
One word INTENSITY BOOSTER

jvkohl
12-23-2001, 07:49 PM
In one study of college-age females, 1mg/ml of androsterone had a tendency to improve
ratings of women\'s attraction to the man wearing the androsterone. The ratings were performed from behind a two way mirror while the study participants played a game requiring close proximity. The only people who have complained to me about this concentration are those who have an extremely good sense of smell, or women who are pregnant. People who have an extremely good sense of smell tend to find many odors aversive. Women who are pregnant are more likely to find a masculine pheromone to be unpleasant. Since they\'re already pregnant, from a biological perspective, they have no need for a man--and thus are likely to find masculine pheromones (e.g., androsterone) to
be unpleasant.

jvkohl
12-23-2001, 07:50 PM
In one study of college-age females, 1mg/ml of androsterone had a tendency to improve
ratings of women\'s attraction to the man wearing the androsterone. The ratings were performed from behind a two way mirror while the study participants played a game requiring close proximity. The only people who have complained to me about this concentration are those who have an extremely good sense of smell, or women who are pregnant. People who have an extremely good sense of smell tend to find many odors aversive. Women who are pregnant are more likely to find a masculine pheromone to be unpleasant. Since they\'re already pregnant, from a biological perspective, they have no need for a man--and thus are likely to find masculine pheromones (e.g., androsterone) to
be unpleasant.

travis
12-24-2001, 04:27 AM
I knew it was the \"rone\" that makes me attractive, I was using \"none\" before but it was not delivering hits but when I shifted to \"rone\" things turned out diff. Thanks for the information James.

travis
12-24-2001, 04:28 AM
I knew it was the \"rone\" that makes me attractive, I was using \"none\" before but it was not delivering hits but when I shifted to \"rone\" things turned out diff. Thanks for the information James.

oscar
12-24-2001, 06:39 AM
James,

Being a 47 year old male, it\'s a cinch I\'m not pregnant, so I suppose I\'m just blessed (/cursed?) with a good sense of smell.

What dose of 1mg/ml Androsterone was applied in that study? Most of the experimentation I\'ve done with A-Rone has been based on Stone Lab\'s claim that A-Rone acts to enhance the effects of A-None and A-Nol. I\'ve never tried it as a stand alone pheromone. Is there a link to that study?

The fact that the test subjects were college age females should be of particular interest to the younger members of the forum. Have there been studies done on older women as well?

travis,

What age range of females have you noticed reacting more favorably to the A-Rone than to the A-None? Also, what range do you fall into?

Has anyone else tried using only Androsterone, and gotten results, favorable or otherwise?

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

travis
12-24-2001, 08:01 AM
Oscar,

I am going 40. The range that I mostly notice are women in 30s and up. Probably its because these women are exposed to men with lower androsterone and when I am arround there is just something in me wich they get attracted. hope I answered your question. excuse my english.

travis

**DONOTDELETE**
12-24-2001, 02:50 PM
So androsterone acts as a booster ive always said this, so has anyone else done any studies, because it seems the products with more pheros work for more people ie ALter ego and the edge/NPA as well, so what do you think on that one james wilde and bruce.

jvkohl
12-24-2001, 11:46 PM
Sorry, I don\'t know how much of the 1mg/ml androsterone was used in the study; just that the amount used did not vary between subjects tested. I never thought to ask the lady who did the study, which is unpublished. She approached me with the need for a new idea and I collaborated with her on the study design and also supplied the androsterone, since I wanted to have it tested.

At the AChemS conference last April, I also formally proposed androsterone as a pheromone, and supplied several other researchers with samples of the 1mg/ml mix. Don\'t know if anyone will follow up with testing on a larger number of subjects. However, I\'ve already had about 2000 people sample it--during presentations or conferences, or even informal social gatherings. Sooner or later, I\'ll let everyone know what the responses have been. For now all I can say is that the responses have been very predictable, but it\'s all anecdotal evidence. A more scientific approach will involve testing for a hormone response (very expensive testing). Maybe after my move to a different hospital lab (later this week) where there is more focus on reproductive endocrinology I\'ll get the chance to do the hormone assays. At least the
hospital administrator appreciates my work, which is one of the reasons I\'m moving. In my present position, the hospital administrator cautioned me not to even speak of my research, since it is of a sexual nature.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-26-2001, 12:25 AM
There still seems to be a lot of resistance to the whole pheromone idea, but those of us that know it works have the early jump and i intend to gather as much info as i can to stay ahead in this game. Its an interesting field of research and all the work is going places.