PDA

View Full Version : The smell of fear

mr.
11-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I climb. Yesterday,

while out rock climbing, I found a particular smell that appeared and disappeared. Every time I found myself in a

trick move, this smell appeared, but quickly dissipated upon my success.

I wonder if fear relates to mones in

some way. It was really incredible how quickly the smell came and went.

Thoughts?

Cloud9
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I guess the adrenaline and sweaty

palms kicked in at those tricky times...I'd say the sweat given off would be detected as fear by animals..not sure

though. When in doubt spray your self down with TE in the wilderness to make sure you give off that "back the hell

up vibe" to any predatory animals. Lol..I wonder how much Anone you'd need to tell a grizzly bear to back off?

maybe 3 bottles of TE??:POKE:

gfunk
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Was it by any chance a

fart?:rofl:

But seriously, are you normally able to smell -none? Maybe your adrenaline kick did sharpen your

sense, as the braing works, sharpens everything in order to succeed while in a tricky situation.

Did you wear

any exterior phermones?

:cheers:

Watcher
11-08-2005, 04:10 AM
they say u give off corisol in

stressful situations - there is a fear smell (obvioulsy a quick bit of sweat and adreline) i wouldnt say it was

anone as that is a strong successful pheromone.

Could be corisitol breakdown maybe not sure.

Or u had

an elevated sense of awareness and smelled broken down anone and other compounds ?

Mick
11-08-2005, 05:16 AM
I actually was thinking

the same while reading the post :rofl:
Was it by any chance a fart?:rofl:

But seriously, are you

normally able to smell -none? Maybe your adrenaline kick did sharpen your sense, as the braing works, sharpens

everything in order to succeed while in a tricky situation.

Did you wear any exterior phermones?

:cheers:

jvkohl
11-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Ackerl K, Atzmueller M, Grammer

K.
The Scent of

Fear
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12011790&q

uery_hl=4

JVK