PDA

View Full Version : Seduction as a Game

paulman
10-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Check out this

latest link from Comcast fan videos:

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=41710928&pl=41817358.xml&config=%2Fconfig%2Fcommon%2F

fan%2Fhome%2Exml (http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=41710928&pl=41817358.xml&config=%2Fconfig%2Fcommon%2Ffan%2

Fhome%2Exml)

Kardz
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
It's all true. I

was alot like that guy in the video. Better looking, but just didn't have it. Then I learned it, and how he talks

to women is completely right.

But I learned it in a different place.

DrSmellThis
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Random observations: That guy

seemed to talk in a very squirrely voice, with a squirrely attitude -- his problem. Also the women seemed so

unattractive, I don't know how you'd want to pick them up -- "superficial club bimbos". I guess teasing is one way

to sort of force yourself into a position of confidence or feeling "socially equal" to a woman, but not the only

way. You're having fun with them, which they like, and they also like a little harmless provocation or challenge --

a kind of stimulation.

Some of those techniques might be effective only in getting women you want nothing to do

with anyway. I know I find "negs" from women who initiate flirting with me very annoying, even if they're

physically beautiful; and I'd think a women of substance would not appreciate ignorant, unreasonable, random

negative remarks about themselves.

I met my current (and hopefully lasting) girlfriend (petite, cute, great eyes,

intelligent, heart of gold, athletic, playful, deep and genuine, a virgin, very young (19 years my junior) but

emotionally mature; has tons in common with me) through just being in touch with her body language and eye contact

at a squaredance. My "line" to her was something like "seems like I know you from somewhere" -- quite stupid, but it

didn't matter. I already knew I was "in" before I even approached her. We had smiled at each other while dancing. I

asked her questions about herself, we just talked about whatever, made lots of eye contact, and before you knew it

we were telling each other we liked each other, hugging, and I was getting her number. We just had a good chemistry

together, and I think I was ready in various ways (as I wrote in another post today) to meet someone who was as open

to intimacy as I was. Turns out I met the same woman several months earlier and she had no interest in me whatsoever

(her sister did, however, and I was flirting with the sister -- probably the cause of the disinterest). The way I

acted with her, which was a bit intense, would have made most other women run for the hills. She ate it up. But I

just went for the kind of interaction I really wanted; and it worked.

So it's not about quantity. What good are

1000 inappropriate women? You want to "fail" with them, and are wise to design things so that you do, while

maximizing your chances with the very best for you. I think it's better to know exactly what you want and go for

that. If you are very clear about what you want, whatever that is, a woman who is appropriate will react well to

that. Women love to know that you really like them and want them, if they can tell it's absolutely real and for the

right reasons. You're strong enough to be who you are, despite the likelihood of alienating (or at least failing to

arouse the interest of) the random woman you're talking to. (I'm not saying you don't act in a manner consistent

with forming regular friendship or pleasant aquaintance) This in itself is a kind of confidence, even though it

might involve "vulnerability" at the same time. The genuineness you have toward the woman in question gets you

through, and you have to fake nothing. This elimenates a lot of self-consciousness and insecurity. The downside, if

you can call it that, is you elimenate a lot of women you could otherwise waste a lot of your time screwing with.

In other words, the question of technique should be about what works for the very specific type of person you

are interested in. I'm not just talking about "8-9 out of tens", but the whole damn list. Is that not the more

"scientific" approach anyway?

One exercise would be to vividly imagine encountering a woman perfect for you in

many ways, and imagine what you might do to get to know her. What approaches would work or not work? What qualities

would you need to display? That is what you want to cultivate.

belgareth
11-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Doc,

That's wonderful news

about you new girlfriend. Best of luck on it.

That's also great advice about women in general. Never been able

to articulate it but its basically how I see it too.

Holmes
11-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I agree. Excellent post, Doc.

And congratulations from this neck o' the woods, as well.

On another note...I can't watch the above

vid. Is it gone?

DrSmellThis
11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks, Bel and Holmes, for

the good wishes. I hope I'm man enough for the task. I plan to give it my best shot. She has to endure a lot of

judgement and grief from her family because of the age difference (including her sister, who, at only 2 years her

senior, also gave me her phone number months ago).

Even though I understand the game approach fully, having

looked at it that way myself at times over the years, there's just something fundamentally wrongheaded about having

to look at it all as a game, given the credit you want to give to your future life partner or other important

relationships; and given the seriousness of the task.

Being real, knowing what you want, and going for that

specifically has to be the best approach, even from a pheromonal and alpha male perspective.

BTW, I needed a

Comcast login and reload of the page to watch the vid.

belgareth
11-16-2005, 03:38 PM
At one time I dated a black

girl, one of the prettiest girls I ever dated. There were other issues as well but her family gave her no end of

grief about dating a white guy. It's pretty hard to deal with. Give her all the support you can.