PDA

View Full Version : Okay this is probably a stupid question ...

cookiemonster
10-03-2005, 08:06 PM
... but how do you open the Pheros bottle? I have the little spherical bottle with a black cap and the

"Pheros by Dr Smell This" label around the cap.

I tried twisting it but it wouldn't budge, and I didn't want to

end up breaking the glass ...

cookiemonster
10-04-2005, 08:11 PM
DrSmellThis? Anyone?

oscar
10-05-2005, 04:12 AM
cm,

It's not a stupid question,

but entitling the thread "Opening Pheros Bottle" might have been a better way to get a quicker reply.

One or

more of the following methods should work:

Hold the bottle by the glass globe and repeatedly tap the lower half

of the cap against the edge of a countertop while rotating the bottle from time to time to tap all sides. Tap

vigorously but not violently.

Hold the cap under warm running water for a few minutes, again rotating the bottle

to warm it evenly. Gradually increase the temperature of the water if necessary.

Find a couple of those rubber

gripper jar openers to give you better grip on the bottle and lid. You can cut up an old bicycle tire innertube to

make a couple of these grippers if you don't have any.

Finally, and this is a last resort trick taught to me by

an old-school mechanic several years ago to remove stubborn lug-nuts when changing tires: If something absolutely

will not loosen, get a good grip on it and give it a jerk or two in the direction that TIGHTENS it. Somehow this

usually seems to "break the seal" that prevented the lug (or lid) from loosening, but there's the risk of breaking

something else too, so be careful.

Oscar :)

Rbt
10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't recall having all that much

trouble opening my bottle of Pheros, but Oscar's suggestions are very good. Just be careful not to break the *cap*.

The bottle itself is pretty solid.