PDA

View Full Version : Back to pheromore...

Icehawk
10-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Quick question,

their stuff now supposedly contains stuff called PDD. What is it? Havent heard of it before to the best of my

knowledge.

Visionary7903
10-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Icehawk, I think it is the

vomeropherin
pregna-4,20-diene-3,6-dione as per the following study...

Visionary

J Steroid Biochem

Mol Biol. 1998 Apr;65(1-6):237-42.

Modulation of serum testosterone and autonomic function through stimulation

of the male human vomeronasal organ (VNO) with pregna-4,20-diene-3,6-dione.

Monti-Bloch L, Diaz-Sanchez V,

Jennings-White C, Berliner DL.

Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84108, USA.

In

mammals, external chemosensory signals from conspecifics of the opposite sex acting on vomeronasal organ receptors

can modulate the release of gonadotropins. There is developmental, anatomical and functional evidence showing that

the human vomeronasal organ (VNO) has the characteristics of a chemosensory organ. We have been using naturally

occurring human pheromones to serve as models for designing novel synthetic compounds that we call vomeropherins.

In previous publications we reported that vomeropherin pregna-4,20-diene-3,6-dione (PDD) delivered to the VNO of

normal female and male human volunteers significantly affected male subjects only, decreasing respiration and

cardiac frequency, augmenting alpha brain waves, and significantly decreasing serum luteinizing hormone (LH) and

follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). Results of the present work confirm that PDD produces a local dose-dependent

effect in the male human VNO. This is followed by a mild parasympathomimetic effect characterized by 10% increase of

vagal tone, together with decreased frequency of electrodermal activity events. Furthermore, PDD locally delivered

to the male human VNO significantly decreases serum LH and testosterone (p < 0.01). The present results

contribute additional evidence supporting the functionality of the human VNO and its repercussions in autonomic and

psychophysiological functions, as well as in neuroendocrine secretions.
PMID: 9699878 [PubMed - indexed for

MEDLINE]

Icehawk
10-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Decreasing LH and FSH??? Whats

the point of putting that in?

On a side note...
" Scientists have begun using naturally occurring human

pheromones to serve as models for designing novel synthetic compounds known as vomeropherins.

Pregna-4,20-diene-3,6-dione is the first of these pheromones in this class. Unlike androstenoids, this compound was

discovered to primarily affect the male gender. This is the first compound discovered to have an effect on the male

VMO."
Well thats nice. synthetic pheromones. Here we come!

chicago
10-02-2005, 12:50 AM
icehawk , PDD means makes

chick horny. lol.
________
Zoloft settlement

info (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

nadero
10-02-2005, 02:20 AM
PDD means makes

chick horny. lol.

chick horny? Why?

"significantly affected male subjects only". And I don't see

why I could be interested in a "significantly decrease" on my testosterone and LH levels.

http:/

/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=9699878 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=9699878)

Watcher
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
this is a company with no idea in

terms of real pheromones.

Icehawk
10-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Alright then. Their reputation

might not be that high, but I'd stil like to know more about this PDD thing.

nadero
10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Alright then.

Their reputation might not be that high, but I'd stil like to know more about this PDD thing.

OK.
Could I suggest to use PDD as a secret weapon aginst your male competitors? Made your competitors to inale

PDD: they will have less testosterone and maybe not more interested in your desired woman.

Icehawk
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Well it strongly sounds very

demasculating in nature. Id stay away from it I guess.

Watcher
10-08-2005, 02:10 AM
just use some Anone and couplins

to do that.

Icehawk
10-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Dosent cops raise your LH and

test levels? "Furthermore, PDD locally delivered to the male human VNO significantly decreases serum LH and

testosterone"