PDA

View Full Version : how do you mix cologne and mones?

chipz
10-01-2005, 01:45 AM
I just

recently got NPA and the sample packs..I wanted to mix the NPA with aqua di gio and was just wondering how people

did it. I've got an atomizer and i've put like 5-6 drops of NPA into it..but i can't do the ratios right because

i can't open the lid of aqua di, so i've been spraying..hard to determine the exact ratio :(

How do you guys

get your cologne bottles open??

Watcher
10-01-2005, 01:46 AM
apply seperatley if u find it hard

to mix.

Gegogi
10-01-2005, 02:06 AM
You don't have to open the

cologne bottle. Load the atomizer by spraying into a perfume funnel (a travel flask funnel will usually

do).

Unscrew the atomizer bottle and use a Sharpie to mark the ratio divisons on the bottle. For example, if

you desire a 1:4 ratio of NPA to cologne, mark 5 equally spaced lines on the bottle. Insert perfume funnel into top

of atomizer bottle and spray cologne in until the 4/5 mark. Fill the remaining 1/5 with NPA. Reassemble atomizer and

knock yourself out.

chipz
10-01-2005, 02:16 AM
thanks for the ideas!
sounds

reasonable :) will give it a go after my current batch is finished

jollysnowdevil
10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
You don't

have to open the cologne bottle. Load the atomizer by spraying into a perfume funnel (a travel flask funnel will

usually do).

couldnt you use any household funnel given it is small enough? never thought to use

a funnel

Gegogi
10-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Of course any small funnel will

do. You can even make one if you're good with lab glass. Scientific supply stores, perfume stores, travel stores,

etc., sell tiny funnels. Most atomizers (except the LS ones) come with a funnel. The funnel merely keeps you from

wasting cologne as it catches most of the overspray.

DCW
10-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Wouldn't 1 spray of NPA and 4 sprays

of Aqua on top have the same effect?

DCW

Gegogi
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Sure, but not so convenient if on

the run. I carry a small loaded and ready atomizer in my pocket or briefcase. Thus I can zap myself any time or

place I feel I need a little edge.