PDA

View Full Version : Can't smell the following:

JFK
09-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I just thought I remembered reading

that only a certain % can smell pheromones.

So I must be one of them who can't?

jollysnowdevil
09-23-2005, 12:56 PM

So I

must be one of them who can't?

yup seems to be. welcome to the club.

JFK
09-24-2005, 01:07 AM
So if I put them on I would think I

didnt smell but everyone else would be like "eugh!"

Does that mean other peoples natural pheromones don't

affect me?

What about stuff like sweat? Can't I smell that either?

jollysnowdevil
09-24-2005, 11:01 AM
So if I put

them on I would think I didnt smell but everyone else would be like "eugh!"

Does that mean other peoples natural

pheromones don't affect me?

What about stuff like sweat? Can't I smell that either?

i can't smell the mones but they still have their effect on me. usually if i take a long break from mones and i put

soe on i feel the difference the mones make. silly grin, feeling happy go lucky, etc. also with perception same

scenario i tend to smell my wrists a lot where i apply and can't help but smile.

you're right if

you can't smell everybody else may be like "eugh". in my experiences with a good cover on i haven't had that

happen. the only thing i find difficult at times (rarely happens) is you have to be aware of how much you apply

since you can't depend on your nose to tell if you put on too much of something. i can smell the fragrances added

to certain products ae/te/soe so i generally know if the scent is overwhelming (at least to my nose). in the case of

any unscented products i've used soe/perception (without cover) i can detect a very faint alcohol scent which

slightly tingles my nose. not being able to smell the mones is nothing to worry about and it doesn't mean you

can't use them effectively. just follow the guidelines, start small and gradually work up until you get th results

you want.

as far as sweat i can smell it both on my self and others. well i should say the

body odor accompanied with heavy sweating. musky smell, to strong sour smell. odor depends on the person and other

factors.

Rbt
09-25-2005, 11:01 AM
As far as I know it's supposedly

documented that some people can't smell *pheromones*, primarily -none. However I would think that the cover scents

would be a different story. I certainly can smell the gel-pack scents, but I know I've had trouble detecting -none.

What is your experience with smelling colognes, perfumes, and/or other fragrences?

JFK
09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
What is your experience

with smelling colognes, perfumes, and/or other fragrences?

I bought some Chikara and I can smell that

although that is scented.

And I can smell other colognes fine.

I never really smell BO on my self which now

makes me a bit worried as maybe I stink and just can't smell it! Although I can smell when other people stink.

jollysnowdevil
09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I never

really smell BO on my self which now makes me a bit worried as maybe I stink and just can't smell it! Although I

can smell when other people stink.

most people can't smell their own body odor. even those who

can smell none. obviously if u put your nose into your armpit after a long sweaty day without deodorant you probably

will smell the mustyness.

it's like cigarette smoke. smokers can't smell the scent of smoke on themselves

but it is definately there.

unless people tell you that you stink or need a shower i wouldnt worry about your

own body odor. unless you have poor personal hygiene