PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone residue on watch!

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2001, 03:24 AM
Wooo! It looks like I got some major pheromone buildup on my leather watch, which was in contact with my wrist. How do I get the smell off?!

oscar
12-16-2001, 07:21 AM
truth,

You could try Saddle Soap or Neats Foot Oil, but I\'d suggest letting the watch advance several 24 hour periods at its own pace. Just give it time. images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-16-2001, 08:43 PM
I notice that the left sleeve of of my polyester jacket smells like cat piss also! I think it\'s the air conditioning / heat vent in my car. There\'s a vent blowing directly on the underside of my left arm while I\'m driving. I think the pheromones are being blown off my shirt, recirculated back to the vent and collected on my left arm. Geez, now I\'m worried about the smell of my car. Anyone have problems like this?!?

oscar
12-17-2001, 10:07 AM
truth,

What quantities of what pheros are you using that residual build-up has become so intense?

Oscar images/icons/crazy.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-17-2001, 01:43 PM
Not more than the 0.02 mg pheromone recommended by Scientist. I think it was the way the vent was blowing on my arm, since all the residual was there. I\'m turning the vent away from my arm now.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-18-2001, 09:24 AM
Hey all;

Pheros do hold to fabrics for a very long time. The first time I used NPA undiluted I placed a dab on the inside collar of a dress shirt. And for about three washing I could really smell the pheros when pulled from the dryer. Also in hot weather the pheros are released as well. So remember just because you spray o skin, when it makes contact with the clothing it may linger for some time.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
12-20-2001, 04:42 AM
I\'ve noticed the same thing on my watch. Leather wrist band, and the last use of pheros was ten days ago.

Whitehall
12-20-2001, 08:38 AM
How about wiping the watch band with alcohol? Try using some vodka since that\'s 40 or 50% ethanol.

I\'ve noticed that heat releases pheromones too. I had a hair brush that I\'ve sprayed with TE to apply TE to the hair. Hadn\'t done that in maybe two weeks or otherwise used that brush. At the gym, after my shower, I used the brush to blow dry my hair using hot air. The sudden smell of pheromones surprised me until I deduced that they were coming from the brush.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-20-2001, 10:41 AM
The phero buildup in the watch is not surprising. Leather has a lot of, well, greasy things in it. When the watch is not on, it turns solid. This is an effective way to trap the pheros, not to mention they probably like that environment better than your skin. If you want to strip them off of the watch, I would use rubbing alcohol. It smells, but this is useful. When the smell is gone, so is the alcohol. Also, I am willing to bet that the pheros like it better than ethanol. Finally, it is damn cheap and available.