PDA

View Full Version : Are there ILLEGAL Pheromones?

Whitehall
12-10-2001, 10:40 AM
Visited the Stone Research website and they made a claim for one of their products that it contained the strongest \"legal\" pheromones available.

That begs the question, are there ILLEGAL pheromones?

Frankly, I don\'t think so since pheromones are natural products (in origin at least) and the supplement law the US generally says that any natural substance is OK unless specifically outlawed. There may indeed be someone, somewhere, who has synthesized a modification on the natural molecules with super-human powers of attraction and seduction - but I doubt it. That would make an interesting premise for a science fiction story or urban legend.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 12:29 PM
Hey bruce that would be up your alley or even mr pheromone (james kohl) or what about jambat ive heard nothing and we make em here in australia etc etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 01:42 PM
Well, Realm has patented the use of androstadienone in fragrances. However, I don\'t think Stone labs was making this reference.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-10-2001, 04:45 PM
i think the legality issue lies in the actual quantity allowed for \"commercial\" purposes. any more than 10mg would be classified as \"lab grade\" concentrations and hazardous to health without proper medical equipment. images/icons/wink.gif

Bruce
12-10-2001, 05:16 PM
I\'ll see if I can find out what was meant by that reference at Stone Lab.

Androsterone was clasified an anabolic steroid at one time and therefore illegal, but that has changed at least in the US. I wouldn\'t be a bit surprised if other potential pheromones (ie: any of the countless volatile substances found in human sweat) are curently \"illegal.\"

Bruce

Lutz
12-10-2001, 11:22 PM
I think you just answered your own question... images/icons/smile.gif