PDA

View Full Version : Plant-based pheromones?

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2001, 04:02 PM
I visited a store in Portland, OR that sells scented oils spiked with what they say are plant-derived pheromones mimicing human sex pheromones. Has anyone heard of or used Ebinol, Balinol, or Cedramber? These were the names of the pheromones they used, said to attract women. I sniffed them and they did smell a bit like none, nol, and rone. I think Cedramber is Cedryl Methyl Ether, which appears to be used in making some perfumes.

oscar
12-07-2001, 05:29 PM
Ptolemy,

Welcome to the board!
Someone posted a cool link relating to plant pheromones within the last couple of months, but I\'ll be damned if I can find it. Had the impression that these were like pheromones for vegans or something. images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2001, 11:10 PM
celery has androstenone in it, it was a news article, cant remember the link but thats it.

CJ01
12-08-2001, 03:06 AM
Those calypso´s oils contain a pheromone called SB-74 which is plant based.
CJ

oscar
12-08-2001, 02:22 PM
Ptolemy,

The site that CJ referred to, www.calypsos-oil.com (\"http://www.calypsos-oil.com\") is the one that I recall seeing. It has tons of info on plant pheromones.

Dduck,

My dad used to tell me that the reason we have navels, is so we can fill them with salt, and use them for dipping, as we munch on celery in bed.

Perhaps he had a lot more on the ball than I gave him credit for! images/icons/laugh.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif