PDA

View Full Version : Body lotions with NPA

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2001, 05:59 AM
I use scented body lotions much more frequently than colone. Does anyone know how NPA would work with a scented body lotion?

oscar
12-07-2001, 06:56 AM
Claire,

Welcome to the Board!
Using body lotion should be a great way to apply pheros. In fact, there\'s an advantage to mixing with lotion that you don\'t have when mixing something you\'re going to spray on.

You can put the quantity of lotion you plan to use right in your hand and drop in one or two drops of NPA and mix it in your palm. This way, unlike with a spray, you know EXACTLY how much of your phero product you\'re applying each time. And nothing is wasted. The pheros will either be on your body, or on your hands.

Plus, you\'ve still got your lotion un-adulterated to use by itself, when phero use might be inappropriate.

The tricky part will be calculating how much phero to dump into your lotion bottle, IF you decide that that\'s the way you want to go.

Good Luck,
Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

Whitehall
12-07-2001, 07:36 AM
I\'ve been an advocate of alternate modes of pheromone application myself. I\'m awaiting my NPA to try some similar ideas so have been doing some research on the subject. I\'d like to try a solid perfume cooncept but here\'s what I know about your lotion notion.

If you want to mix more than a one-use quantity, then you need to mix them as chemists and pharmacists do whenever they mix a little with a lot. I think this concept is also discussed in \"The Joy of Cooking.\" Lotions, creams, and such can be a bit tricky but here\'s the basic idea to try.

Start with the ingredient with the smallest quantity, in this case the pheromone. Add an equal amount of the next largest ingedient and mix throughly. Double that mix with the larger ingedient and stir well. And so forth. This is called \"geometric dilution.\"

So if you intend to use 1 ml of spiked lotion per application for your purposes (I\'m guessing here) and two drops per application is the right amount of NPA (2 drops = 1/10 ml), and you want to make ten doses...

Put one ml of NPA in a small container, add 1 ml of lotion and stir thoughly. Since NPA is an alcohol solution, you might consider Nivea or the like (unsecented) as the base lotion for an water-in-oil emulsion. Then add 2 ml more of lotion to mix and stir thoughly. You should have almost 4 ml now since the alcohol in the NPA will have evaporated. Then add 4 ml of lotion and mix. Then top off to make 10 ml - that will mean about 2 ml more of lotion. Mix and cap tightly!

For more information and guidance:
http://www.paddocklabs.com/publications/secundum/secindex.html (\"http://www.paddocklabs.com/publications/secundum/secindex.html\")

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**
12-07-2001, 12:34 PM
The problem with NPA is it\'s size. For something like NPA you should at least be able to get 30ml -an ounce of the stuff at one time. And it probably won\'t be as expensive as you think. Getting an ounce of APC was key in me making up a bigger batch of JB #1. Remember it used to be you could only get 30ml max of APC.

If I used body washes and such I\'d want an actual bottle of the stuff bigger than 5ml. Because even using it in drops 5ml doesn\'t stick around for a long time. Personally (believe it or not) I\'d do the same 70%/ 30% mix (it\'s worked so far) and shake the body wash well (I believe many body washes are oil based). Then I\'d apply it as I normally would. I also think the bottle NPA comes in sucks. The product itself is good but the packaging leaves much to be desired. I think Whitehall has some good ideas about making this work though, and I always encourage using smaller containers until you find a suitable mix.
images/icons/smile.gif

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: jambat ]