PDA

View Full Version : Sent of Sucess..Reply..Score one for us!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2001, 08:45 AM
I sent these guys and email on their products ref Alcohol kills Pheros. Here is a copy of the email and then the response.

-Original Message-----
[mailto:kronikk@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:03 PMTo: sentofsuccess@scentofsuccess.com
Subject: Can You answer this?
In your ad you mention that alcohol destroys all active phero\'s. Where did
you come up with this? What study? When? Who or what institution publishedit?
I mean your product is okay but actually kinda weak when you consider all
the other top quality products out there. But making unsubstantiated claims
about other products (referring to the alcohol based one) is kind of weak to
say the least. Better get your marketing team on the ball. And if there is
really a report or study that said it...better make sure it has not been
disproved. As a company operating in the USA you need to be able to back up
what you are claiming.
Hey wouldn\'t it really suck if all those that are in the phero biz really
started to knock in print, your product? With real actual scientific data,
with case studies, and real academic trials? From real accredited
universities and laboratories? Hey better yet, why don\'t you place the
actual amount in mg\'s how much each bottle contains, on each bottle?
I do not like getting on a box. But if you are going to market
something....do it well, above board! Phero\'s are great there, is allot of
credence to them. But actually the product you are marketing is really a
lightweight in the world of phero\'s. But used in conjunction (without your
added scents) with other products containing more than one phero works well.

RESPONSE:
You make many good points! The alcohol references have been removed and all
future references will be backed by scientific data. Thank you for pointing
out \"real issues\" associated with our site.John---- images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2001, 08:50 AM
Way to kick their butt. Here is a proof that one email can straighten a company out.
Great job TallCoolOne.

V.

Bruce
06-25-2001, 01:42 PM
Wow! I\'m amazed. I thought it was going to be a crash and burn story. Nobody ever answers my e-mails (to companies) like that.
Bravo,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
06-25-2001, 02:41 PM
Hey all,
This really maazed me as well. I have sent email \"nasty-grams\" prior for other reasons and have never heard a word in reply. But anyway looked on their site and yes they have withdrawn their alocohol referances...but they have not put the actual contents of pheros in ther products.

Chemist
06-25-2001, 09:04 PM
Wow - way to go!

Chemist
06-25-2001, 10:02 PM
THEY HAVE NOT REMOVED THE ALCOHOL STATEMENT - FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

There is no question that large amounts of alcohol will quickly destroy the pheromone we use - Androstenone 5a-ANDROST-16-EN-3-ONE C19-H28-O ( the only scientifically recognized Human pheromone.)

ALSO ON THEIR WEBSITE:

No one else, besides our company, that we have found, has ever really done any testing. People claiming that they are Chemists on the internet make wild claims, I know. I\'ve even seen phonied up assays and reports on web sites. We have our Attorneys send them nasty letters, but it\'s rarely worth the expense of going after them.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT HERE - SORRY GUYS - THERE ARE REAL CHEMISTS OUT THERE - I WORK WITH MANY OF THEM EVERYDAY. PUBLISHED - THE WHOLE KITTEN AND KABOODLE - COME IN HERE AND SAY WE\'RE FAKE AND YOU\'LL GET LAUGHED AT.

MORE BULLSHIT FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

In a nut shell, our product carries the greatest amount of true Human pheromones of any brand on the market by a margin greater than 16 to 1. However, that amount is still small. Without raising the cost to you and others it is monetarily impossible to increase the quantity of active ingredient.

HERE IS WHERE THE BULLSHIT REALLY COMES OUT. YOU CAN FOOL THE GENERAL PUBLIC, BUT DON\'T PULL THAT BULLSHIT HERE. THEIR PRODUCT IS APC - THE SAME APC BRUCE SELLS FROM WITCHITA KANSAS - THE SAME PLACE GLEN CAMPBELL WAS A LINEMAN FOR IN THE 60S. WHO\'S BULLSHITTING NOW? IF WE ASSUME REALM IS THE LEADING BRAND - THEY ARE SAYING THEIR CONTENT IS 16X THAT OF REALM??? BULLSHIT.

EXCUSE MY FRENCH.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 06:08 AM
Oh well thats how some people are. They are just out to make some dollars/moola/bucks/cheddar/cream/dough/money. Weak and sleazy web companies like are a waste of the bandwidth they operate on.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 07:24 AM
It\'s not worth getting your pressure up over guys, you did all you could. If people do their research AS THEY SHOULD before they buy, then they will find this site and find out the truth! Unfortunately fraudulent advertising claims have become the \"norm\" in society.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 09:58 AM
Hey Nico, I agree totally. But here in the good ole USA there is a Truth in advertising code. But with the the amount of web drivin businesses, it is really up to the consumer to Beware.

And Chemist, thanx for the info. I looked at their opening page and duid not see the ref to alcohol.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-26-2001, 11:23 AM
Hey he says testers are bogus eh? Well what aditz! My ex used to be the Liz CLairborn Rep for all of the Europrean BX/PX stores overseas. And her rep told us that the testers sent made by the factories usually are a bit more concentrated with scent than the off the shelf products.
nyway yes this guy has allot of crap on his site. Maybe in the near future I will email him again...and see if he responds.

Chemist
06-26-2001, 10:55 PM
They buried this info in their FAQ - but its their along with some other crap I left out - they have pages and pages of bullshit and upon reading it - it seems like the guy is also a flim flam man. He has this link to competitors - and he leaves out Bruce\'s site and some other really key ones - like the PI site and even Realm.

He also says testors are bogus - heck - I think a Realm testor for $21 is a steal - I don\'t know where he get\'s his info from. I throw boxes out anyway and just keep the bottles.