PDA

View Full Version : Realm - Positive effect on women, negative on men

**DONOTDELETE**
12-02-2001, 02:24 AM
According to the study in Hormones and Behavior, both the pheromones in Realm for Men (Estratetraenol) and Realm for Women (Androstadienone) had a positive mood effect on women and a negative mood effect on men. These results are interesting for two reasons:

1. Estratetraenol was found to positively effect women even though a previous study had shown it not to stimulate the VNO. This may partially explain why some men have claimed success in attracting women with Realm for Men.

2. The pheromones in Realm for Men or Women would negatively affect male wearers. This goes against market claims of increased self-confidence, etc. for male wearers of Realm for Men.

So, are the Realm fragrances worth it? It might attract women, but it may cause you to feel worse. =P.

I had worn Realm for Men before. I didn\'t like the smell, and it did seem to make me feel worse. I had thought it was the smell though. =P.

Paul canada
12-02-2001, 07:46 AM
Hi Truth:

Well I wear realm for men and I think its great. Love the smell and it does put me in a good mood. I guess it depends on the person who wears it.

Paul

oscar
12-02-2001, 09:07 AM
truth,

I\'ll echo Paul canada\'s response. I\'ve worn Realm for men for five years, on and off, and it always made me feel good as well.
I don\'t think I was fooling myself. Perhaps those conducting the study were.

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
12-02-2001, 11:57 PM
Maybe there are other gender specific pheromone compounds not discussed here.
Omiphone and others, now this could be the direction NPA and the edges take, the two mystery ones. Hey everyone look at this one for an idea hint hint. images/icons/wink.gif

Whitehall
12-03-2001, 10:50 AM
I too have worn Realm for Men over the last few years and have found that it improves my mood. However, I can\'t remember anything like a definitive strong hit from women while wearing it.

I tried Realm for Women once or twice and didn\'t notice the same mood uplift and thought it smelled too girly for my use.

My reactions to TE were stronger yet different than either Realm product.

**DONOTDELETE**
12-03-2001, 12:09 PM
The edge is a real mystery isnt it, i wonder if it will be solved, probably helps sales as well which isnt a bad thing, id say the other phero companys have probably reversed engineered the stuff anyway so it doesnt matter, although NPA or the edge in any mix has to be a good thing anyway, what about combining the normal edge with sandlewood edge and soemthing else, im low on both so ill probably just chuck em together to see what i get out of it. And go run amok through some shopping centres all you newbies whist overdosing.