PDA

View Full Version : Studies?

Lagrimas
04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
It's been a while since

I've posted here... I'd like to get back into this forum though. However, there have been some things on my mind

about pheromones...

First, can someone give me some links online to studies that dealt specifically with human

subjects, the pheromones that are in the products sold here and attraction? I think I remember seeing some links

like this before when I read the forum more often but they weren't very common. I tried doing some searching on the

forum but couldn't find them. I also tried doing some searching on journal search sites like PubMed, but couldn't

find anything really.

Most of what I see here is basically people giving testimonies to how the products work

and I find this type of evidence very weak. Who knows what these people's experiences could have been attributed

to. A couple of decades ago, people were obsessed with subconscious self-improvement tapes. Basically, you listened

to a tape and there would be a message that you couldn't make out but which your subconscious supposedly picked up

on. This apparently would change you. The catalogs for these products had pages and pages of real testimonies from

people claiming that the tapes really worked and that they changed their lives. When scientific studies were done,

however, it was found that the tapes had no effect whatsoever besides the effect of giving the person more

confidence in that they had something which would "help" them get better at whatever it was they needed to get

better at.

So, my point is, I would like to see some studies that deal specifically with the human pheromones

and attraction. Something along the lines of rating pictures by attractiveness, etc. with while smelling certain

pheromones. I believe this type of study was done before, but does anyone have a link to some articles?

Please

don't give articles concerning animal pheromones or pheromones and anything besides attraction because this

doesn't really apply to what I'm getting at. Also, I would greatly prefer scientific studies from journals written

by the scientists who did the research than articles written by non-scientists for general consumption.

If any

of you could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. And if you have any comments on what I've said or any of

your readings of scientific studies on human attractiveness and pheromones, please let me know here, as well.

Thanks!

NaughtieGirl
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
If you go to the main page

of the forum, there is a section called "Pheromone Research". You could start there.

Mtnjim
04-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Try James Kohl's site

pheromone.com, lots of studies cited there.

CptKipling
04-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Links to

pheromone research (http://pherolibrary.com/reference/phero-links.htm) in the Pherolibrary.