PDA

View Full Version : When a women touches you alot the first time you two meet.

happyman
04-27-2005, 01:15 AM
I was at the dentist office today for the first time and a lady around I'd say 37-38 was there

as an assistant. She kept touching my arm and slapping it lightly while she spoke to me and was generally friendly.

I was wearing a slight amount of SOE roll on unscented. I seen her ring and she was married. I was just curious. I

never met her until today. I hear a women that touches a guy she just met is her way of flirting or trying to get a

little something going. I am just curious. I am certainly not going to attempt anything with her if I see her again

being as she is married but I am curious of what this was all about? Any input? I hear women do not touch men in a

joking way if they do not know them from Adam. Just wondering.

Happy

belgareth
04-27-2005, 03:30 AM
Some women will touch in a

friendly way without meaning anything.

Part of what (good) dental assistants do is try to relax the patient,

nurses do that too. Physical contact at times of stress calms people. It could be all she was doing.

Gegogi
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Like Belgareth says, it may

merely be the way she communicates. Some folks "accent" everything they say with their hands. Certain ethnic groups

are more touchy than others. My boss--a guy--does it all the time to everybody. In the Philippines, lots of men

greet one another by touching the friend's family jewels. The touch has no sexual meaning or undertones. It's just

what they do.

Personally I always hated being hugged in church by strangers.

Friendly1
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
A lot of women flirt without

meaning anything by it. If she is really into you, she'll suggest doing things together. She'll ask you probing

questions. She'll block you off from other women with her body. She'll try to corner the market, so to speak,

and see what you do from there. It's all a test, and most of the time they are not even conscious of the

testing.

Roree
04-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi happyman,

from a womans

point of view, if I may, personally speaking I am also one of those woman who will be very friendly, smile and touch

people on the arm, if I feel comfortable enough with that person- without trying to get things going further.

I

think it can have alot to do with peoples personal space and the vibes thay give off. She obviously felt comfortable

enough with you to be able to do that whether it was due to the help of pheromones or simply the personal energy you

were giving out at that time....likewise I think if you had been having a "stay away from me day" maybe her response

to you would have been different?

I would say that most people who wear pheromones are open to contact either

physically or mentally, as most people are looking to improove their relationship with others either in business,

socially or sexually. So I am guessing you felt pretty open to social feedback from people that particular day?

I agree with belgareth when he says that some women will touch you in a friendly way without meaning anything,

that is definitely the case with me, although I do feel I am pretty sensitive to whether others will be accepting of

that or not.

I guess I wouldnt read into it too much.

NaughtieGirl
04-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Belgareth says, it may merely be the way she communicates. Some folks "accent" everything they say with their hands.

Certain ethnic groups are more touchy than others. My boss--a guy--does it all the time to everybody. In the

Philippines, lots of men greet one another by touching the friend's family jewels. The touch has no sexual meaning

or undertones. It's just what they do.

Personally I always hated being hugged in church by strangers.

I fully agree! It is so cultural as well as context related. I think that in this circumstance, as Bel pointed

out, she was trying to make you feel at ease.

In Europe (well my part of Europe) we do not hug. We kiss each

other on the cheek. Anywhere from one to three times. I'll spare you the details (there is rationale behind it).

When I was a child my parents were involved in the Round Table (akin to Rotary Club) and we had people from many

different continents stay over. This couple from South Africa stayed over for the weekend and greeted us (including

us kids) with a kiss right on the lips. Context!

jvkohl
04-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Context!

Given a dearth of contextual social circumstances, I'm convinced that I learned to

distinguish comforting touch from "interested" touch. Interested touch is more frequently laying the full hand on

the male bicep or thigh and holding it there just a second or two longer than a comforting touch to the

forearm/shoulder. As I recall, Timothy Perper and Monica Moore have written of such things. In any case, I suspect

others are somewhat aware of the differences, which are accompanied by other aspects of non-verbal

communication.

JVK

Gegogi
04-27-2005, 08:58 PM
One of most bizarre greeting

customs may be found in Papua New Guinea. Visitors are expected to greet the woman of the house by kissing her bare

nipple! [women are topless] Cool! Of course, have you seen the penis extensions Papua New Guinea men wear?

happyman
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Ok Good. I am glad at least I

know what was going on there incase I would miss it with someone I would be interested in getting something going.

As was stated here. After reading everyones posts my guess now is she felt comfortable with me and in the same light

was trying to just simply comfort me. I would of figured that anyway but how she kept doing it and the fact that I

was simply going in for a cleaning and nothing painful is what made me have second thoughts.

I have been

given the Bicep sqeeze and Thigh handling before and that I already know that is a definite flirt/come-on. This was

different and repetitious so I figured I'd see what you folks had to say.

Thanks alot,
I appreciate

it

Happyman

Rbt
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok Good. I am glad

at least I know what was going on there incase I would miss it with someone I would be interested in getting

something going. As was stated here. After reading everyones posts my guess now is she felt comfortable with me and

in the same light was trying to just simply comfort me. I would of figured that anyway but how she kept doing it and

the fact that I was simply going in for a cleaning and nothing painful is what made me have second thoughts.

I

have been given the Bicep sqeeze and Thigh handling before and that I already know that is a definite flirt/come-on.

This was different and repetitious so I figured I'd see what you folks had to say.

Thanks alot,
I appreciate

it

Happyman
From what I've seen over the years, some people just have different personalities and

ways of doing things. I can think of a number of waitresses who would always seem to call me "honey" or the like,

and I'm certain there was nothing sexual about it! Same with receptionists, etc.

And yes, regional/cultural

differences abound.

However, I *do* think pheromone products can have an influence, if nothing more than in a

"social" way. I've gotten some "quick touches" to the upper arm when I've been wearing SOE and 1-2 drop doses of

AE. These same people literally seem to retreat and avoid contact at all when I have NPA (single dab) in any combo.

I tend to interpret these touches as "friendly/comfortable." (And it's appreciated. Good for my delicate male

ego.)

tim929
04-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Whenever I touch someone to try

to make them feel at ease they usualy call the police.
Seriously tho there are some very good points comming out

here.Alot of people will touch alot just because thats the way they are.It's not only a way to put you at ease but

it may be a way for them to put themselves at ease too.You have to take it in the context of where you are,what you

are doing and you also have to look at the other elements of body language and so forth.If you didnt see the news

paper the other day...there was a picture of President Bush and the crown prince Abdulah of Saudi Arabia at the

presidents ranch in Texas.The two men were walking side by side and holding hands.Holding hands the way we americans

think a dating couple would hold hands.But in Saudi Arabia and many other places in the midle east and africa that

is a common practice.Altho the average American school boy would assume it means they are gay,in thier culture it's

normal for a host to lead his guests by the hand.Once again...theres my two cents worth...and it was over priced at

that.

Roree
04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I think the

world and its people is so interesting, makes you want to read up on different cultures and learn more. Could get

pretty confusing too sometimes!!!

Mtnjim
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
...If you didnt see

the news paper the other day...there was a picture of President Bush and the crown prince Abdulah of Saudi Arabia at

the presidents ranch in Texas.The two men were walking side by side and holding hands.Holding hands the way we

americans think a dating couple would hold hands.But in Saudi Arabia and many other places in the midle east and

africa that is a common practice.Altho the average American school boy would assume it means they are gay,in thier

culture it's normal for a host to lead his guests by the hand.Once again...theres my two cents worth...and it was

over priced at that.
Americans are probably the most "touch phobic" people in the world. A shame

really!

jollysnowdevil
04-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Americans

are probably the most "touch phobic" people in the world. A shame really!
i agree. what a

shame. so evrybody let's go touch somebody you want to love!!!

noodlesnspam
05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
happyman, youre putting too

much thought into this and too little action. Remember its what you want thats important and not what other ppl

want. If youre interested in her, flirt around, make slight advancements and see how she reacts. How would you know

shes not out to have a fling/affair? Maybe her marriage stinks and she wants to pull a eva longoria if you catch my

drift. The only thing here to learn is that if you want something, you make it happen, dont wait for things to come

to you. IF shes not interested she will let you know but hey the bright side of it is that you can rest assured u

didnt pass up on an opportunity.

Roree
05-02-2005, 07:22 PM
I would read

the original message as Happyman just being curious, not wondering as if he was passing up on an opportunity.

Gegogi
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I find it best to pass on most

opportunities. However, that doesn't mean you can't sharpen your chops with the great unwashed.

Roree
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
And on your

head be it..(no pun intended!! :blink: )

;)

lin7sg
05-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Oh dear, I have a habit of

talking to people that way with some touch on the arm and such, and my boyfriend being conservative nag me about it.

He told me that some people might get the wrong idea, especially the guys. Btw, we are Asian Singaporean-Chinese.

But I put this to my Aquarian side. Hee Hee

happyman
05-03-2005, 02:27 AM
happyman,

youre putting too much thought into this and too little action. Remember its what you want thats important and not

what other ppl want. If youre interested in her, flirt around, make slight advancements and see how she reacts. How

would you know shes not out to have a fling/affair? Maybe her marriage stinks and she wants to pull a eva longoria

if you catch my drift. The only thing here to learn is that if you want something, you make it happen, dont wait for

things to come to you. IF shes not interested she will let you know but hey the bright side of it is that you can

rest assured u didnt pass up on an

opportunity.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Fant

astic advice. However I leave married chics be. As for the rest of the advice, excellent! And I usually would follow

it but as I said here I don't do the married chic thing. You're asking for problems in that arena and to say the

least, it is simply just not right. Now, boyfriends.....that's another story all together. As the saying

goes...."hey she aint married". However, if I'm friends with the other dude it is a definite no-no.

Happy