PDA

View Full Version : Pheros

belgareth
04-18-2005, 06:18 AM
DST,

I have a question,

probably a dumb one at that. Will Pheros age and change with age? I have a bottle of the second batch that has not

been opened. What can I expect if I don't open it for a year or two?

DrSmellThis
04-19-2005, 12:30 PM
This is far from a dumb

question, but I'm afraid I have to give you a dumb answer: I don't know.

Keep it away from heat or light if

you want to store it, and don't open the bottle very often, if you open it at all. I wouldn't shake it either, if

intending to store it. The point is minimizing oxidation.

My hope is that it will be OK due to the nature

of the ingredients (woody, musky, earthy -- these kinds of essences often improve with age, as opposed to say,

citruses). All my samples from earlier, pre-beta batches of Pheros are still fine; stored as above.

NaughtieGirl
04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
DST,

I

have a question, probably a dumb one at that. Will Pheros age and change with age? I have a bottle of the second

batch that has not been opened. What can I expect if I don't open it for a year or two?
:think: Hmmm...

Were you planning on not smelling nice for the next 2 years Bel?

:trout:

belgareth
04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
DST,

That's not a dumb

answer, it's honest. Rather that than BS. It's a new bottle, never opened and stored in the back of my desk

drawer. More than anything I am curious. A large number of musky scent products age nicely.

Naughty,

Do you

really think my little redhead would let me get away with that?

Front page of the local paper: "Man found beat

to death with a tuna, short redhead charged with fiance-acide"

Seriously, with the amount of money I've spent

on Oud lately and how well li'l elfie likes it, it may be a while before I finish off my current bottle of Pheros

much less open a new one. She also bought that Old Spice Body Wash and likes that. Do I have any choice about how I

smell?

All I can really do is practice saying "Yes, dear. Whatever you say, dear." :)

At least I'm well

trained.

abductor
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Today finally

I received my first bottle of Pheros. The scent reminded me the first product that
I bought, years ago, called

"Lure". Maybe because the strong note of Musk. My favorite perfume is
"Emporio Armani". Then I put 2 dabs of TE

Gel, 2 pheros dabs, and 2 Spray of Emporium.
80% of the women that I crossed on my way looked me fixedly include

a married Indian woman (I know because she
used the veil that exposes only the eyes) well.. she only diverted

the glance when I looked at her.
I observed using the reflex of the mirror of the bus.
In my work place I

just had the same sensation again with my women friends.
If I have time, next Friday, I will check better in pub

place!.

bjf
04-19-2005, 06:22 PM
My concern is whether pheros

evaporates. I think it has been evaporating on me.

belgareth
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
It will evaporate if the bottle

is open or not tightly closed. If the bottle is sealed it can't evaporate.

bjf
04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I have the cork one. I also have had

entire bottles of npa and wagg evaporate despite being store in the dark because, despite the top being screwed on,

slight gaps left by the dropper top not being in place left room for evaporate to escape.

belgareth
04-19-2005, 06:32 PM
That's what I said, the bottle

wasn't sealed. My partial bottle of Pheros was transferred to the original corked bottle. I keep it on it's side

like you do with wine so the cork doesn't dry out. Haven't lost a drop.

bjf
04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
If we lay the bottle on the side,

don't we just end up losing Pheros to the cork?

Gegogi
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Must be pheromone gremlins

(little brother or roommate before a date?). I live in Hawaii where ambient temperature is in the 80s year round. I

have no apparent evaporation even after a cologne has sat for years in my bathroom cabinet. My oldest pheromones are

from last Summer and evaporation is virtually null.

belgareth
04-19-2005, 06:43 PM
If we lay the bottle

on the side, don't we just end up losing Pheros to the cork?Only until the cork swells enough to seal. Same

with wine. You can keep wine for hundreds of years without losing any if you keep the cork wet.

bjf
04-20-2005, 03:55 AM
I wonder how much Pheros we lose to

the cork. I used to keep it on its side but switched it up right because I felt that was happening.

belgareth
04-20-2005, 04:33 AM
I wonder how much

Pheros we lose to the cork. I used to keep it on its side but switched it up right because I felt that was

happening.A miniscule amount. Far less than you will lose to evaporation letting the cork get dry.

NaughtieGirl
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Naughty,

Do you really think my little redhead would let me get away with that?

Front page of the local

paper: "Man found beat to death with a tuna, short redhead charged with fiance-acide"

Seriously, with the amount

of money I've spent on Oud lately and how well li'l elfie likes it, it may be a while before I finish off my

current bottle of Pheros much less open a new one. She also bought that Old Spice Body Wash and likes that. Do I

have any choice about how I smell?

All I can really do is practice saying "Yes, dear. Whatever you say, dear."

:)

At least I'm well trained.
:lol:

Yep, she is very smart and has figured out that it takes a

gentle yet firm hand to handle a wolf!

belgareth
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
A good scratching behind the

ears never hurts either.

belgareth
04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
So to finalize

the questions.If i keep a bottle of a pheromone cologne closed in a sealed place with no direct sunlight for a long

time >>>>>>> lets say 2,5 years,the smell will be better in the end?
Nothing definate. Maybe.

DrSmellThis
04-21-2005, 10:08 AM
So to finalize

the questions.If i keep a bottle of a pheromone cologne closed in a sealed place with no direct sunlight for a long

time >>>>>>> lets say 2,5 years,the smell will be better in the end?I certaintly would not go that far. Some

perfume ingredients do improve with age if stored properly. Many perfumes spoil eventually, for whatever

reasons; and most are not going to improve while sitting in your medicine cabinet or wherever. Good perfumes are

aged just the right amount before they reach the consumer, and aren't likely to change much. Many perfumes seem to

keep for a very long time, depending on the ingredients and the amount of care shown to them. If you take care of

your perfumes and colognes they will hold their quality much longer. Some could hold their basic smell for

centuries. Who knows?

bjf
12-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Are there any ways of improving the

diffusiveness of Pheros?

DrSmellThis
12-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Are there any ways

of improving the diffusiveness of Pheros?It's not a very diffusive product -- more base note oriented. You

could apply with a tiny bit of a more diffusive EO, like West Indian Bay. You could also use menthol in tiny

quantities. Neither of these would kill it. Finally, you could use juniper EO.

bjf
12-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Is there any fenugreek or sweetgrass

in Pheros?