PDA

View Full Version : Cologne, EO, and Pheromone exchange thread

Rbt
04-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Okay! I thought I'd give this idea for a thread a shot!

If any of you are like me, you probably have a

shelf-full of colognes, essential oils, pheromone products, etc. that have accumulated over time that just didn't

work out, or you're no longer interested in. Or perhaps they were a gift that just wasn't right.

So, what to

do with them? They may be too good to toss, or were just too expensive to see them go wasted. The resale shops

don't want used "personal" products, nor generally do the church rummage sales. Not even eBayable! And you don't

have someone else to give it to (especially if it was a gift from someone who might find out...).

So here's an

idea. Use this thread to "Offer" these unwanted products to other forum members. Or post a "Wanted" if

you are looking for a product you might want to try, but not spend big bucks on. Deals could be worked out privately

using the PM feature (rather than load the thread with negotiation messages). As items are disposed of, "Offerers"

could edit their original posts to remove the disposed of items (or add new ones), or of course just add a new post

(but that may get confusing).

Yes LS has a "return" policy for their products, but this would cover those items

that don't qualify.

Of course, whatever deals made would be between users, and not involve LS. You'd have to

depend on each other to be upfront and complete the transactions. You could ask for payment (eg via Paypal), or just

offer stuff free. Whatever.

Just make it clear if you are "Offering" or if it's a "Wanted." Be specific,

upfront, and detailed in your descriptions. Make people know if an item is no longer available.

I'm going to

leave it up to Bruce and the Powers-That-Be to decide if there should be any restrictions here. A competing seller

to LS would probably be a no-no. Mainly for us common end-users only.

Be nice, use common sense, and we can all

win and be the better for it.

Have at!

MOBLEYC57
04-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Is this Okay? :sick:

DumLuc
04-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Doesn't quite feel right to

me.

We might like it, but it seems to me that Bruce should not have to compete with forum members for scent

dollars.

Rbt
04-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Doesn't quite feel

right to me.

We might like it, but it seems to me that Bruce should not have to compete with forum members for

scent dollars.I'm leaving any final desicions up to the Powers-That-Be.

What the idea here is is NOT to

compete with LS but:

A) give people a chance to get rid of unwanted or underused items they don't want

anymore.

B) give people a chance to try out products that aren't readily avialable as samples and/or are too

costly to purchase in a large quantity.

It's not competeing with LS, because we're not talking about

selling "new" products in a "retail" sense, and it includes products that LS *DOESN'T* sell, like straight

colognes.

For LS products, yes you could buy and try, then use the return option if you don't like it. But that

just loads up LS with "used" products that can't be sold as new. This could actually be to LS's advantage, in that

it would give people an opportunity to try or experiment with a product they wouldn't have tried before, and could

result in them placing an order to LS. Or suggesting a product LS could carry.

This does depend on everyone

being honest about their dealings. But I have faith that a vast majority of people on these forums will honor their

transactions. People had doubts about eBay. Now look.

ALSO! LS itself would be free to use this thread to offer

*their* overstock or specials like they used to do with the auctions.

Don't know until you try.

Rbt
04-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Ill

post this as an example of what I have in mind. And YES! This IS a valid "Wanted" ad from me.

WANTED

Pheromone product: Looking for small quantity of A-1 or product that contains A-1 (eg Pheromax). Willing to cover

cost of shipping, and reasonable amount for compensation for cost of product.

Please contact me via the PM

option on this Forum. Located in USA. Thanks.

DumLuc
04-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Well Rbt, I guess if the

moderators leave your message up then it's okay with LS;though it feels like your taking advantage of the LS web

site by seeking a supplier for a product LS carries.

It seems to me that if you have a desire for a product,

such as A-1, that LS carries, you should make your purchase from LS rather than going through their web site to find

a cheaper supplier from their forum membership.

Using the LS forum as a clearing house for used and unwanted

products doesn't seem to be fair and proper, in the business sense, to Love-Scent.

kappakai
05-02-2005, 05:29 AM
hey, my first ad got deleted

with the database issue, so i'm gonna try again.

looking to TRADE. i have a bottle of PI/m i'd like to

trade for something. i haven't used it much (sticking to NPA), maybe 2-3 applications, so let's say 3/4ths of a

bottle. i purchased it close to, but not over, a year ago. i can take a picture of the bottle, no

problem.

looking for either A-1 or pheros. feel free to PM me (not SMS though.) thanks.

TylerOC
01-10-2006, 03:10 AM
well i like the idea of this

topic so i hope nobody minds if i bump it

im looking for a bit of pheros that i could try, i would be willing to

pay for shipping. ive heard great things but just dont have the cash to dish out 60 bucks to try it