PDA

View Full Version : Question Of The Week 2

MOBLEYC57
04-14-2005, 05:36 AM
It has come to my attention that the last exam ... people cheated and used the net. Get you some

coffee, and use your brain this time.

A lost explorer was wandering deep in the jungle.

He ran across a tribe of natives who captured him. They took him to their chief.

The chief

explained that if the location of his tribe was discovered, he and his people would be forced from the jungle and

their homeland would be destroyed. The explorer had to be killed in a ritual ceremony.

This is

how the ceremony worked:

The explorer would make one statement which would determine his fate

(questions and commands would be ignored).

If the statement was TRUE, he would be thrown off

of a cliff.

If the statement was FALSE, he would be fed to lions.

The

explorer pondered his situation, deep in thought, then carefully made his statement.

After the

chief reflected on the explorer's statement, he realized that he would have to let the explorer go. This was done

immediately, and the explorer left the jungle that very day.

The chief never forgot the great

wisdom of that explorer.

WHAT WAS THE EXPLORER'S STATEMENT THAT GOT HIM RELEASED? :blink:

Answer coming soon! 16 April, in the a.m. :rasp:

BassMan
04-14-2005, 09:28 AM
"This is a lie."

-Bass

It has come to my attention that the last exam ... people cheated and used the net.

Get you some coffee, and use your brain this time.

A lost explorer was wandering deep in

the jungle. He ran across a tribe of natives who captured him. They took him to their chief.

The chief explained that if the location of his tribe was discovered, he and his people would be forced

from the jungle and their homeland would be destroyed. The explorer had to be killed in a ritual

ceremony.

This is how the ceremony worked:

The explorer would make one

statement which would determine his fate (questions and commands would be ignored).

If the

statement was TRUE, he would be thrown off of a cliff.

If the statement was FALSE, he would be

fed to lions.

The explorer pondered his situation, deep in thought, then carefully made his

statement.

After the chief reflected on the explorer's statement, he realized that he would

have to let the explorer go. This was done immediately, and the explorer left the jungle that very day.

The chief never forgot the great wisdom of that explorer.

WHAT WAS THE

EXPLORER'S STATEMENT THAT GOT HIM RELEASED? :blink:

DumLuc
04-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Ah yes, I wake up this morning

and find it is yet another day in Paradise; but what is this;the Great Mobley has another puzzle for us.

An

explorer this time, and not a blind one I presume. Hmmm, what is he doing wandering around in the jungle? Looking

for someone or something specific, or just out for a stroll? I guess it doesn't really matter when your captured by

the natives.

I wonder if he told anyone when he would be back?

MOBLEYC57
04-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Ah yes, I wake up

this morning and find it is yet another day in Paradise; but what is this;the Great Mobley has another puzzle for

us.

An explorer this time, and not a blind one I presume. Hmmm, what is he doing wandering around in the

jungle? Looking for someone or something specific, or just out for a stroll? I guess it doesn't really matter when

your captured by the natives.

I wonder if he told anyone when he would be back?Close & warm, but I know

Bass didn't cheat! :rofl: :rofl:

DL, nope, he told no one when he'd be back. :blink:

:type: I guess this

wasn't a bad idea, and since all the smartees didn't answer, I guess they're busy searching. :lol:

CptKipling
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Either:

"You are going to

feed me to the lions"

or

"You aren't going to throw me off a cliff"

Thus creating a paradox :D

No

searching :angel:

DumLuc
04-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Crazy explorer, wandering around

in the jungle all by himself like that. Reminds me of that silly Dr.Livingstone;of course somebody came looking for

him.

Hmmm, do you suppose he told anyone that he was going exploring? Nah, he's probably the type that just

takes off on his own. To bad, no one will even know he's missing.

Oh well, his life is in the hands of the

jungle natives for now;but I bet he wishes he was relaxing here in Paradise like I am, instead of trying to figure

out what to tell the chief.

culturalblonde
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I will be eaten by

lions.

Are these questions part of your homework? :think: Are you trying to be teacher's pet? :wub:

Holmes
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
"I lied for your love (and that's

the truth)."

MOBLEYC57
04-14-2005, 07:24 PM
I will be

eaten by lions.

Are these questions part of your homework? :think: Are you trying to be teacher's pet?

:wub:
Ha! Ha! Chuckle! Chuckle! Giggle! Giggle! :trout:

wood elf
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Do you think Mobley would make

a nice pet? I am afraid he may be difficult to house train. Some men a re such trouble to clean up after. He may

need much discipline.

Would you like that, Mr. Mobley?

MOBLEYC57
04-15-2005, 05:32 AM
Do you think

Mobley would make a nice pet? Fuggedaboutit, Keebler Elf! :rasp:

I am afraid he

may be difficult to house train. Some men a re such trouble to clean up after. He may need much discipline.I

train for money and gifts! :thumbsup: Hey! I thought that's what elves did ... clean? :think:

Would you like that, Mr. Mobley?Figure the odds, Elfeepoo! :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: You any kin to Fishypoo?:whip:

a.k.a.
04-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Looks like BassMan's been cheated

out of his prize. (Although culturalblonde is also correct.)

DumLuc
04-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Roarrr!! The lions are getting

hungry. Look at them pacing around, waiting to be fed. Some of them are even under the cliff, eager to chow down on

that poor explorers lifeless body.

He better come up with a good story for the chief, and in a hurry too;he's

only got until tommorow to talk his way out of this jam.

It sure is dangerous in the jungle;too bad for the

next explorer that comes in, gets lost and wanders around. Makes me wonder why they do it in the first place. But I

guess that's the job of an explorer, to go where know man has gone before and then to tell the people back at home

what they discovered.

Roarr! Yep, the lion is restless tonight. ROAR!