PDA

View Full Version : Mixing with NPA bottle

Bigman808
04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Does anybody

know how to get the top off of the NPA bottle? I can't get it off for the life of me, and I was hoping to try to

add it to a cologne of mine. Also, any idea on how to get something other than sprays out of the chikara bottle?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm goin out in an hour, so I'd like to have some clue as to how to mix by then. Any help is

greatly appreciated!

InternationalPlayboy
04-13-2005, 05:55 PM
The dropper insert

of the NPA bottle comes out by prying underneath the plastic with a fingernail or small screwdriver. Be sure to

replace it before you screw the cap back on or it may not make a good seal and will evaporate, or worse, spill all

over. If you're planning of mixing NPA with a cologne, I would just use drops out of the insert or to be more

precise, buy a glass eyedropper from a drugstore, which will produce more uniform drops and more precise

measurement.

As for getting anything but sprays out of a Chikara bottle, just spray it into a glass vial or

something similar, then take your drops or dabs from there. This is how you would acquire any cologne out of a

sealed spray bottle for mixing with pheromones. The only other way would be to break open the bottle, rendering the

spray head useless and again causing potential rapid evaporation and spillage.

belgareth
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
The Chikara bottle can be

opened by cutting off the plastic stem where it meets the metal collar. Then take a pair of needle nosed pliers and

wire cutters to clip then carefully peel back the collar until you can remove the rest of the plastic stem. Now you

can pour the chikara into another, sealable container. I've done it with several bottles and it isn't all that

difficult.

It might also work with other spray bottles but I haven't tried.

Gegogi
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
If you give the NPA drip-top a

little twist and tug while prying with a fingernail, it comes right off. I use an old NPA bottle to make custom

mixes and remove the top all the time.

Yesterday I used Belgareth's technique to remove the top from a

nearly depleted Chkara bottle. It took a couple minutes with wire chippers and pilers to free the last of my

"classic" Chikara.

Bigman808
04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys. I got the NPA

top off, but I think I'm just going to take IPB's advice about the Chikara. It seems a bit difficult and

complicated, plus I'd like to keep the spraying head. Thanks again!

goodguy
04-14-2005, 01:26 AM
If you want to mix NPA with

something other than your cologne or Chikara try out JB1 in the cookbook(APC&NPA). I just wore it tonight and got

instant hits. I don't know if my measurements were exactly 7:3 though (maybe 10:4). The NPA bottle dribbles out the

solution instead of forming drops. I was wondering how to remove the top since it seems a little tougher than the

SOE top. Now I know, thanks for the thread.

Bigman808
04-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll have to get some APC for

that, it seems like a kick-ass mix. Also, I was thinking of checking out JBX, since that seems like a winner around

the forums. Thanks for the help everybody!