PDA

View Full Version : Edge Essentials?

Bigman808
04-12-2005, 08:14 PM
I was searching

through the store today, when I came across the Edge Essentials products, and became rather curious. Are these the

same as TE, just with a better scent? Or, are they completely different? I ask because I'm thinking of trying

this product instead of the TE (the original) and wanted to know what the deal was, as I read something about

aromatherapy and Bruce reccomended 'Heat'. I figured I'd ask the masters before attempting to use my newbie

'expertise'. Thanks!

Gegogi
04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I prefer unscented Edge as it

mixes better with my choice of EOs and/or colognes. Heat has a strong scent of vetiver and clery sage EOs. They

smell way too earthy and powerful for my taste, but you might like it. Vetiver is a popular perfume fixative and is

often mixed with floral and wood scents. However I found it really took a whole lotta scents to cover the stink of

vetiver and clery sage. Not bad if you're going to a smokey bar, but too much for office or school.

Bigman808
04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Have you tried Arouser? If

so, what do you think? Also, I'm not one for earthy smells, (hell, I don't even like to get dirty lol) so would

you just reccomend TE? Thanks man!

chicago
04-12-2005, 11:00 PM
te gets me more sexual hits from

woman of all ages. never try the heat or arouser, i read its better than te

regular.
________
Mexico hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

goodguy
04-13-2005, 01:50 AM
The edge unscented works fine

for me. I just got my bottle of the Heat version today. I like the scent of it. It is earthy like Gegogi mentioned,

but I like it. If it works just as good as the unscented spray then I'll have to get some more or try the other

scent as well. I think a few dabs of Pheros might mix well with the Heat version I have.

muskamber
04-13-2005, 04:57 AM
It you like earthy scents then

you should try Shamma-tul Amber or Musk Amber. These i love dearly. Also Oud is good, been into these for maybe

going on 6 years now.

belgareth
04-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Also Oud is

good, been into these for maybe going on 6 years now.
I am very new to Oud. Would you please share your

knowledge with us? Anything you can tell us would be greatly appreciated.

muskamber
04-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Oud is made from the Agar wood

tree. To make one litre of Oud takes about one Kilo of the Agar wood. Prices vary, can pay anything up to $12,000

for 1 Tola which is 12 grms. Some can even cost more. When you wear Oud it adapts to the skin. You stop smelling it

but other people can smell it.

MOBLEYC57
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Oud is made

from the Agar wood tree. To make one litre of Oud takes about one Kilo of the Agar wood. Prices vary, can pay

anything up to $12,000 for 1 Tola which is 12 grms. Some can even cost more. When you wear Oud it adapts to the

skin. You stop smelling it but other people can smell it.
Bel knew that. Anything else? :sick:

Thanks! :wave:

goodguy
04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I'll have to do a search for

those reccomended scents muskamber. Although I like earthy scents, my goal is to find something that makes me stand

out in the plethora of smells out there. I don't like to go overboard on the natural scents though. For example,

Pheros is a little to woody for me. It smells like wood furniture to me. I like the scent when it starts to fade

though. So basically I like earthy scents that are not too strong.

I'm in the process of selecting a new

scent. I've read through threads and decided to order samples of all the existing Creed and Amouage for men.

Hopefully I'll find a scent that'll separate me from the rest. Sorry about going off topic... Anyway I tired the

heat version of the edge and got no hits yet. I'm thinking it's because I can put on a lot more TE unscented than

the TE Heat without getting a strong smell to me.

I think Bigman should get the unscented version first and

then mix it with any cologne or the essential oils found at LS.

muskamber
04-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Lots 2 say bout Oud. The best

is from India. Indian Kadeem, kadeem is an arabic word which means old. The Oud is kept for a long time b4 it is put

on the market 4 sale. It as a slightly pongy smell. Reminds me of sillage. Sillage is what farmers use in England,

its grass that they cut in the summer time and they cover it and store it for winter use for feeding cows.

Some

cambodi and loas oud has the same smell. I love Malay finest and also Chinese oud. The first time i ever smelt Oud i

wasnt 2 keen on it but after a while it grows on you. I use Oud every day of the week.

Oud works best in the hot

weather as do many other types of Attar (perfume). Theres an Attar called Ruh khas which is made from the roots of a

plant which grows in an area which is in India, near the mountains. It's dark green in color and when applied to

the skin in hot weather gives coolness 2 the area where it is applied. The heat makes the Attar give off such a

lovely smell. but like ouds and Ambers you either love it or hate it.

Bigman808
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the help

everybody!

Goodguy, which essential oil do you reccomend? I'm leaning toward SPMO, as I've read a lot of good

things about it, but I'm open to suggestion. Thanks again!

muskamber
04-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Dont know what SPMO is?

goodguy
04-14-2005, 01:18 AM
SPMO is Super Primal Oil Musk

version (or rather super primal musk oil).

I got the musk scent with the beginner's kit which I reccomend if

you haven't gotten it because it has the edge unscented and the oil along with an atomizer for a great price. I'm

not too partial with the musk when it is combined with the edge- it smells like a mechanic's garage to me at a

50/50 mix (the TE changes the scent of the musk for me). I would probably get more of the natural scents. If you

like musk then it is definitely the right one.

muskamber
04-14-2005, 04:38 AM
dont know anything about

pheromones. They attract the oppisite sex?

belgareth
04-14-2005, 04:46 AM
dont know

anything about pheromones. They attract the oppisite sex?A great place to start is by clicking the link for

the Pheromone Reference Library in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You'll start of with a much better

idea of what's going on.

muskamber
04-14-2005, 04:51 AM
dont know

anything about pheromones. They attract the oppisite sex? spend time with a Blacksmith and come out smelling

of smoke, spend time in a Perfume shop and come out smelling sweet.

muskamber
04-14-2005, 04:56 AM
How do the manufacture

these?

Michael909
04-14-2005, 06:39 AM
there these

guy's with a very good chemistry set and a great desire to meet good looking women.(you know how thoes nerd types

are)
but really folks... WAKA WAKA
they reduce MONES to the basic compounds, and make a synthetic copy that

chemically "looks" like the natural one.
if you look at the bottle of APC, you can see the scientific notation of

that compound, many medicine's have that on the product info sheet.
it takes long hard work,and thats why these

cost so much, its really pretty cool how they can do that, but when a nerd wants to get laid,they can do some

amazing stuff....