PDA

View Full Version : Amouage perfumes revisited

NaughtieGirl
04-11-2005, 04:58 PM
My box

of Amouage samples just arrived today! OMG Ladies - I besiege you! :lol: You just have to order these! :wub:

The packaging/marketing of this product is unbelievable. Very luxurious looking. I received 5 samples (I ordered

only the ladies' perfumes). Each sample is about (guessing here) twice the size of the samples you'd receive at a

department store, except they come with little spray-heads (I'd rather they didn't, but oh well)

Gold -

Sophisticated evening wear
Dia - Luxury day wear
Ciel - Alleged to be cool and invigorating
Eay d'Amouage - The

sexy one
Esprit - Recognizes the confidence of the woman of today (iow modern)

I couldn't wait for an

appropriate occasion. So I put Eau d'Amouage on my left wrist (Now why was that my first choice, I wonder! :angel:

). And then Ciel on my right wrist (Just cause I've felt very energetic all day). At first I definitely liked Ciel

better. But Eau d'Amouage seems to have alot more staying power. Nine year old son likes the Eau d'Amouage better

:blink: Uhoh! What does that forebode?

Anyway. I could comment on this stuff forever. Everyone has their own

tastes. My point is that at $ 22 (to the best of my recollection, depending on exchange rate for 18 EURO) I really

believe this is well worth the experience. Hey, forego that take-out pizza next Friday and eat some brown rice

instead!

I'll re-apply the same later tonight and ask hubby his opinion (very important). Then tomorrow another

2 candidates. Well worth the fun! The scent of it makes me feel very good - Hey there's your next PMS cure!

:thumbsup:

Oh and btw when you go to their website, the ingredients read like a who's who of the best and most

expensive scents!

culturalblonde
04-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I got the free samples

awhile back and the scent is so wonderfully different. I was able to get some Bahrain oils from Ebay with Amouage,

but it did not smell the same. I didn't like Eau d'Amouage at first, but had more men comment on it. Dia was my

favorite until Eau d'Amouage started haunting me. Did you order from their website? And if you did, how long did

it take to get the order? Thanks.

silksand
04-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I've had samples of Dia and

Gold, and they were both so ultra-rich-floral and very concentrated - they bloomed a bit too much on my skin, for my

taste. They do seem to be very expensively made (in terms of ingredients) as far as I can tell. Certainly they are

very expensive! Glad you got to sample them; it's always a pleasure to explore new scents!

NaughtieGirl
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I got

the free samples awhile back and the scent is so wonderfully different. I was able to get some Bahrain oils from

Ebay with Amouage, but it did not smell the same. I didn't like Eau d'Amouage at first, but had more men comment

on it. Dia was my favorite until Eau d'Amouage started haunting me. Did you order from their website? And if you

did, how long did it take to get the order? Thanks.
Yes, I did order from their website. They sent it out

on 4/6 and I received it on 4/11. Not bad considering it came from the UK. I don't recall when I actually placed

the order.

Today I tried on "Esprit"
Quote: " A fragrance that recognises the individuality and confidence of

the woman of today"
I didn't like this one at all! I must not fit the Arabian image of a confident woman! :lol:

culturalblonde
04-12-2005, 05:43 PM
That was fast! It took

the free samples over a month. I was wondering about the Esprit, because it wasn't in the free samples. I did get

some samples for men and gave them away, most the men did not like them... until... I told them how much the stuff

sells for and then they wanted more.

Mtnjim
04-13-2005, 10:36 AM
... most the

men did not like them... until... I told them how much the stuff sells for and then they wanted more.

"Preceived value" or male gold diggers?

NaughtieGirl
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I finally found the one that might justify the price!

Well... as you know, I’ve been testing and comparing the Amouage

samples. But so far I was fairly unimpressed. Sure, it smelled good (except for Esprit) but nothing was coming close

to my beloved Intuition by Estee Lauder. Until tonight. I was comparing Dia to Gold and after I had worn it for

about an hour or so, I couldn't stop sniffing the Gold side. It had moved away from its too sweet smell and my body

added some “citrus" to it? (LOL, maybe I need to shower!) Anyway, I went to the website and looked at the

ingredients. Unbelievable how my favorite of the other night (Ciel) has so many ingredients in common with Gold.

Just in different proportions. Conclusion: Trust your nose! Conclusion #2: Do not settle for a perfume until it

makes you melt and mellow every time you smell it! I think we can wear pheromones to affect other people, but

perfumes should be for ourselves. I'm going to save up (I have to pay some taxes first!) and buy the Amouage Gold.

If I remember right it’s € 57 for 10 ml. (Sorry, I grew up metric, can't tell you the ounces - It would be 5x the

sample size)

Amouage

Gold ingredients are:

Top: Rose, lily of the valley,

francincense

Heart: Myrrh, orris,

jasmine

Base: Ambergris, civet, musk, cedarwood,

sandalwood.

PS

Here’s a good one for thought: When I put on SOE/w – especially the gel - I can't stop sniffing it either. I'm

somewhat suspecting that there is a “female mood enhancing” pheromone in there as well!!!

MOBLEYC57
04-14-2005, 05:17 AM
I But so

far I was fairly unimpressed. Sure, it smelled good (except for Esprit) but nothing was coming close to my

beloved DEADFISHYPOONTANG by Estee Lauder. (Maybe I need to shower, but I'm liking the fish

smell!)
:trout: :trout: :trout::rofl: :trout: :trout: :trout:

Lasted edited by NaughtieGirl. Reason: It's just riiiiiight!:run:

NaughtieGirl
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
:trout: :trout: :trout::rofl: :trout: :trout: :trout:

I would seem as if I do not bring out your finer qualities, Mr M! :nono:
Question is now: Did I create a

monster? :run:

MOBLEYC57
04-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I would seem

as if I do not bring out your finer qualities, Mr M! :nono: Sure you do, NGurl! :box: + :kiss: + :trout: =

:lol: 4 to the fourth power!

Question is now: Did I create a monster?

:run:Notta chance! :cheers: I'm not the type that steals your money, and help you look for it! :thumbsup:

Annnd, I take anti-monster pills daily, so don't'cha raise your worries, little one. :angel:

So, Amouge

anyone? :blink:

Mtnjim
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
... (Sorry, I grew up

metric, can't tell you the ounces - It would be 5x the sample size)... So, Naughtie One,

you're not "from" the "NE US"??

Prey tell where are you originally from??

NaughtieGirl
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
So, Naughtie

One, you're not "from" the "NE US"??

Prey tell where are you originally from??
Mountain man

I'm from the Netherlands. Tulips and wind mills - but too much rain!

Mtnjim
04-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Mountain man

I'm from the Netherlands. Tulips and wind mills - but too much rain!
Cool!!!
My yard is just awash in

tulips right now!

Kardz
11-17-2005, 05:56 PM
What about

the men's version of Amouage Gold (sp)? Has anyone tried it? I read in another thread, and I can't remember who it

was, just that it was a female wearing the male? version of it, and had another female in extacy over the smell of

it.

I was curious as to if anyone else had tried the male version of Amouage Gold or any of the Amouage/m

products and how they smelled or how well they worked with the ladies with or without mone help.

Is it amazing?

Worth the $200?

Thanks,
Ryan

NaughtieGirl
11-18-2005, 06:45 AM
What about the

men's version of Amouage Gold (sp)? Has anyone tried it? I read in another thread, and I can't remember who it

was, just that it was a female wearing the male? version of it, and had another female in extacy over the smell of

it.

I was curious as to if anyone else had tried the male version of Amouage Gold or any of the Amouage/m

products and how they smelled or how well they worked with the ladies with or without mone help.

Is it amazing?

Worth the $200?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Advising on perfumes is about as difficult as advising on

pheromones. It all depends on your body chemistry, personal preferences, age, the social situation etc.

If you

go to their website, you can order the sample box for $12 or so. I would certainly do that before plopping down the

big bucks.

Pretzel
11-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi Naughtie,

your rapturous

review at the start of this thread (although you had a favourite 2 later on) prompted me to order the sample box

set. I think DST has raved about Amouage Gold on here too (although the men's version in his case). Looking forward

to trying them out..!

Kardz
11-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi Ryan,

Advising on perfumes is about as difficult as advising on pheromones. It all depends on your body chemistry,

personal preferences, age, the social situation etc.

If you go to their website, you can order the sample box

for $12 or so. I would certainly do that before plopping down the big bucks.

Yea, I guess your right.

But then again, you think for $200 if you don't love it, atleast it smells expensive and other people will.

I

mean, it's not Axe or Old Spice so you'd figure it would project just that. Sophistication.

Personally i'm

almost 22 and going for an aura of sophistication and for lack of better ways to put it, a REALLY good male scent

that's going to get noticed.

But i'll ponder it. Right now i'm thinking I'll just order it shortly down the

road and weather I like it or not, i'll wear it because usually expensive means nice and if i don't like it, most

others probably will.

I also just got all the crap I ordered. AE/m, Chikara/m, PI/m, AE14/m and the samples. So

hehe maybe I should have fun with this stuff before I look to spend another $200 on something phero/cologne based.

But ohhhhh the desire for nice and expensive things.

Maybe I should get someone to he-bi***-man-slap me. I

sounded female just now.

Going to a bar tonight for someone's birthday so hopefully I don't attract a herd of

wild elephants, although I usually attract elephants just fine without trying.

Ryan

NaughtieGirl
11-18-2005, 05:50 PM
You know what? No, no

and no! Believe me, it's not because something is expensive that it projects an image of "class"!

And class is

what you want, not what they call "nouveau riche". It's a term in Europe to denote people who have "new money" and

flaunt it around, but do not have the taste to differentiate what to spend it on. (I don't know if Americans know

this expression)

An expensive fragrance, great, I have some too. But it should be one that first of all smells

heavenly to you. The next step, as mentionned in some other posts, would be to invite a female friend along, to

judge how what you're sampling smells on you.

Don't go by price alone! :trout: Get the samples at least to

decide which one you like best.

Pretzel
11-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Ryan,

I agree with

Naughtie.....cost doesn't necessarily equal class - spend a a few dollars on samples first. And wearing something

you didn't like just because it cost $200 is crazy - you have to feel good about yourself and the scent

you're wearing before others do!

FYI, I just got my Amouage samples today, and I gotta say, I'm pretty

disappointed with Gold. I tried Dia too, which was nice, but someone here described Gold as "Old ladies in Church",

and I know exactly what they mean- it's got nasty lemony,sherbety, powdery notes, I don't like it all. It's not a

young perfume. From the hype, I was expecting the scent of the Gods...:blink:

So what smells good or not is a

very personal thing. I would definitely not spend $20, let alone $200 on it. I ordered my samples yesterday and got

them today, so they are quite quick - it shouldn't take more than 5-7 days to reach the U.S. - go with the minimal

outlay first. And like Naughtie said, if you take a female friend perfume shopping with you, you can get the female

take on what smells attractive.

Oh, and the aura of sophistication-that comes from within....as a woman, a huge

turn-on for me is a man who is relaxed and comfortable with who he is, and who doesn't try too hard to be something

else. Inner confidence is very sexy, more so than any fragrance.