PDA

View Full Version : coupon used without typing it

goodguy
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Okay so

I just placed my orders (10342 and 10343). Order 10343 is supposed to be shipped with 10342. I decided to get even

more products since you sent the 20% off discount. Like before I placed one order and used the coupon and another

order containg the TGIF special separately. I did this last week and it worked fine- I placed the orders two days

apart though.

The problem:
After placing the orders and going to my account I noticed that I had the discount

on my second order even though I placed no coupon code nor clicked redeem. I know you don't allow coupons to be

used for TGIF so I split my order. The 20% off showed up on my TGIF order! What happened? I know I didn't use the

coupon again, and I wanted to apologize if I wasn't supposed to place one order after another (if this is the

reason why this happened). If you want to charge me the full price you can. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Bruce
04-18-2005, 09:09 AM
I just noticed this post now. kinda

late. Sorry.

Probably you have some sort of "autofill" system in your computer/browser. I know I do and I

use it extensively. When I start filling out an online form, my browser will suddenly fill the entire page in if it

has encountered a similar form before.

I'll take a look at the orders. Thanks for the heads up. Very

decent of you.

Bruce

goodguy
04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
My autofill is turned off on my

computer. I also didn't click on the redeem button on my second order. The only thing I can think of is that the

coupon stays on as a cookie. If you don't close your browser and place one order after the next then it shows up

automatically. Next time I'll close my browser and wait a few minutes to place the second order.

mr.
04-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Wait, so the same coupon worked

twice for the same person? Bruce, that's very trusting of you.

goodguy
04-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Yes, I too was suprised that the

coupon worked again regardless of me not typing it in nor redeeming it. I'm thinking I placed my orders too quickly

consecutively. Also for the autofill thing, I'm pretty sure Internet Explorer automatically disables it on secure

sites like the cart and I don't have any third party autofill programs.