PDA

View Full Version : "The Man Show" Made Me Do It!

Pancho1188
03-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Where's the parental outcry on this one:

http://story.news

.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_fe_st/stun_gun_prank&e=4 (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_fe_st/stun_gun_prank&e=4)

ManBeast
03-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Maybe the disclaimers on the

show (I really hope they do have them somewhere in the fine print) will help keep the show safe. I don't really

care one way or the other, since I think the show sucked since Adam and Jimmy left.

MB

Holmes
03-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Where's the

parental outcry on this one:

http://story.ne

ws.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_fe_st/stun_gun_prank&e=4 (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050330/ap_on_fe_st/stun_gun_prank&e=4)

Boys will be boys.

DrSmellThis
04-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Wow. So all you need are

cameras.

ManBeast
04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Yep, it is VERY easy to re-wire

one to do that... and with a little work and a sodering iron you can make a pretty "hefty" unit out of a project box

from radio shack.

MB

CptKipling
04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Bickford said he tried

the device on himself. The first time was not too bad, he said, but his arm was left numb for two hours when he

tried it for a second time.
At what point did he decide once just wasn't enough?

tim929
04-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Okay...here's my favorite

explanation of crap like that.If you go ANYWHERE,you will notice that there are warning signs and labels on

positively EVERYTHING! There are also gaurd rails,safety shields and all manner of other protective devices

attatched to EVERYTHING!As a result,thru litigation we have created a world that is way too safe.Safety issues used

to be handled by using an ancient practice of thinking called "common sense." Common sense was given by nature only

to those with supperior genetics. All others were cursed with the inability to figure out that walking off cliffs

that didnt have gaurd rails was dangerous. The results of all this safety were staggering. If you walk into a fast

food resturaunt,the first thing you hear is a cacaphony of warning alarms on the fryers shreaking thier warnings to

people who not only don't hear them...don't seem to have the sense not to work in a fast food establishment.These

are our future nuclear power plant opperators. As a result of this over abundance of dumb people,nature had to come

up with a new way to weed out the geneticly inferior people to preserve the species as a whole. Hence,we get morons

who try to immitate what they see on television and end up killing themselves or someone else in the process. Just

look at all the seemingly "normal" youngsters who try to jump thier bicycles infront of speeding busses or take

video of thier friends hanging out of a car door while they sideswipe a passing car.(There is a website with TONS of

very disturbing videos dedicated to showing the antics of the many kids who have lost life and limb to the pursuit

of stupidity like that.)So we get people who dedicate themselves to showing kids things like,free climbing,bungee

jumping,bicycle jumping,playing with explosives and joining the millitary. Interestingly,nature has a way of telling

the rest of us who's kids are going to be that way and who's kids are the good ones.Parents seem to know weather

the child they have borne is a "good egg" or a "bad egg." The good eggs are treated with respect,taught

manners,taught to play piano,judo lessons,sports...and are loved and cared for by parents who are ATTENTIVE.The "bad

eggs" are naturaly ignored and left to fend for themselves and learn to do immense damage to themselves and

others.Funny how nature gives those of us with common sense a way of figuring out the difference.Just look for the

kid whos parents ignore him and you know to stay away.Darwin never saw this comming....

belgareth
04-14-2005, 02:52 PM
That lack of thought, or the

observation of the lack of thought is what led to the Darwin awards. What's truly frightening is the first winner

of the award last year was an engineering student at one of the high end schools who was trying to stand on top of a

light pole to welcome the new year! He landed on his head. That's the type that is going to be designing our cars

and aircraft?

For anybody who doesn't know about it there is a series of books and a web site dedicated to

those creative individuals who have removed themselves from the gene pool in some spectacular or unusual manner.

Great reading, even if it does destroy your hopes for the future of mankind.

www.darwinawards.com (http://www.darwinawards.com)

Does anybody else know the story of Lawn Chair

Larry? A prime example of human ingenuity.

Pancho1188
04-16-2005, 08:32 AM
My favorite Darwin award was

of one person who didn't die. He tried to stick his balls (aka is testicles) in a ball washer on a golf course.

He slipped, and his testicles became detached from his body. Although the Darwin awards typically require a

person's death, the rules actually only require the removal of his genes from the gene pool. Since he is unable to

have children and didn't already have children, he qualified.

belgareth
04-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Mine varies between the guy who

just got his black belt and decided to take on a bear and the guy that tried to hang a wreath around the neck of a

tiger named Shiva.