PDA

View Full Version : Guerlain Paris (another cologne thread)

phersurf
03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Is anyone else familiar with this cologne design house form Paris, or I'm I the only one that is

clueless?

I was recently in a Sephora store and I saw a couple of their bottles on the shelf, Vetiver and

Heritage.

I smelled the Vetiver first and was quite impressed. While not quite in the class of Creed's

Vetiver, for half the price it was pretty damn good.

The Heritage has a very nice warm, woody, spicy

fragrence. Very nice.

Here's some more info.

VETIVER GUERLAIN
YEAR INTRODUCED -

FRAGRANCE NOTES - fresh and outdoorsy, a blend of vetiver, wood, tobacco and spice.
RECOMMENDED USE -

evening

HERITAGE
YEAR INTRODUCED - 1992
FRAGRANCE NOTES - a crisp, masculine scent of spice and

woods.
RECOMMENDED USE - casual

belgareth
03-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Wood elf wears Shalimar from

the same place. Very nice.

Gegogi
03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Funny I was just at Sephora and

did a whole lotta of sniffing yesterday. I like the smell of vetiver grass, wood and spices in Vetiver. However I'm

not too fond of the tobacco undertones. Burberry (must be their first cologne to simply be called Burberry) has a

strong tobacco scent intermingled with woods and spice as well. I think some of the older designers associate

tobacco with manly essense.

I found a cologne I liked and han't seen before, Bvlgari Aqua. It had a pleasing

mix of asian spice, woods and citrus. The bottle was rather werid, a hocky puck shape. Sure there are lots of

similar colognes--Acqua di Gio, One, Weekend, L'eau D'Issey--but the mix was refined and fresh, but less floral

than One and L'eau D'Issey. And no sign of tobacco (unlike L'eau D'Issey).

DrSmellThis
03-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Guerlain is one of the top

perfume houses.

silksand
03-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Guerlain is one of my favorite

perfume houses; I have the Vetiver and wear it myself sometimes (though I'm female) either alone or mixed with

other things like Chanel No. 22 to enhance that fresh green-earthy note that I enjoy so much. Heritage I haven't

smelled, but the notes sound good. I've heard that L'Instant Pour Homme, one of their newer ones, is very nice and

quite a few women wear it as well (though some men find it too sweet).

Other Guerlains I love:
L'Heure

Bleue, Mitsouko, Chamade, Samsara, Jardins de Bagatelle, Parure, L'Instant, Ylang & Vanille, Flora Nerolia.