PDA

View Full Version : Fat?

MOBLEYC57
03-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Is there a way to tell if the fat

that accumulates around your stomach is from stress, or from food? :think:
My weight is picking up, but so is my

stomach. Funny thing is, you can still see the muslce separation at the top of my abs. :sad:

:rant:

Anyone!? Anyone!? :rant:

Pancho1188
03-18-2005, 10:45 PM
There could be many factors.

Unfortunately, the abdomen is the first place fat accumulates on men. For women, it's the dreaded hip/thigh area.

You accumulate fat if you take in more calories than you burn...stress can cause you to eat more, have a less

efficient digestive system, or get less sleep (which in latest studies causes people to eat more).

The bad news

is the answer is always food and may or may not be stress as well. Drink plenty of water, get 8 hours of sleep per

night, and try to do things such as exercise and fun activities to reduce your stress level. If your stomach

returns to normal, you're okay. If it doesn't, you may have to take a look at your diet.

MOBLEYC57
03-18-2005, 10:53 PM
There could be

many factors. Unfortunately, the abdomen is the first place fat accumulates on men. For women, it's the dreaded

hip/thigh area. You accumulate fat if you take in more calories than you burn...stress can cause you to eat more,

have a less efficient digestive system, or get less sleep (which in latest studies causes people to eat more).

The bad news is the answer is always food and may or may not be stress as well. Drink plenty of water, get 8 hours

of sleep per night, and try to do things such as exercise and fun activities to reduce your stress level. If your

stomach returns to normal, you're okay. If it doesn't, you may have to take a look at your diet.
Thanks,

Panch! :wave:

My diet is pretty much the same, except I've finally found a place that steams my trout, have

made it a practice to eat there 3 or 4 times a week, and eat two cans of sardines late at night before bed. I'll

give it two more weeks, and see. I was just wondering was there a way to tell the difference in the two ...

stress/food. :think:

Pancho1188
03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks,

Panch! :wave:

My diet is pretty much the same, except I've finally found a place that steams my trout, have

made it a practice to eat there 3 or 4 times a week, and eat two cans of sardines late at night before bed. I'll

give it two more weeks, and see. I was just wondering was there a way to tell the difference in the two ...

stress/food. :think:
The only way to tell the difference is to analyze what has changed in your life that

caused it. Age, diet, stress, sleep, physical activity, smoking, mood (happy vs. depressed), and muscle mass can

all change your metabolic rate and fat accumulation. There is no way, however, to look at fat and say, "I can tell

by the look of you that you're stress fat! Yes, you're an ugly-looking thing..." If you could do that, then your

body would be pretty creepy...could you imagine having one type of fat on your arm because you ate a whole pizza one

day and another type of fat in a different form because you studied all night for a test, took it, and then had to

wait for the results with uncertainty of your success?

TDizzle
03-18-2005, 11:43 PM
u taking creatine?

NaughtieGirl
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Even if your increase of fat

is caused by stress, the only way to get rid of it is still to burn more calories than you are eating.
I know

there's a lot of talk out there about cortisol, but the basic rule stands.

Exercise is good because it keeps

your metabolism from slowing down. That can happen when you drastically reduce calorie intake. It also makes you

think twice about popping a twinkie when you know you'll have to run an entire hour to work off those calories.

I think if you managed to eliminate anything "refined" for a while (white bread, white rice, sugar, deserts, etc.

And yes, beer as well) and drink tons of water, focus on cardio execise, you'll be back to your old buffed self in

no time!

MOBLEYC57
04-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Even if your

increase of fat is caused by stress, the only way to get rid of it is still to burn more calories than you are

eating.
I know there's a lot of talk out there about cortisol, but the basic rule stands.

Exercise is good

because it keeps your metabolism from slowing down. That can happen when you drastically reduce calorie intake. It

also makes you think twice about popping a twinkie when you know you'll have to run an entire hour to work off

those calories.

I think if you managed to eliminate anything "refined" for a while (white bread, white rice,

sugar, deserts, etc. And yes, beer as well) and drink tons of water, focus on cardio execise, you'll be back to

your old buffed self in no time!Thanks, you naughty creature! :thumbsup:

Not the beer drinker type of

guy, but please, lets be real! :rasp: Who in their right mind, can turn down a twinkie:wub: , OR, if you're

familiar, TWO Bo Jangle's cinamon twist with extra icing? :wub:

Think I'm gonna have to cowboy it up, venture

into the cardio zone, and actually get down and see what crunches are for. :frustrate Been getting away with not

doing either all me life. :smite:

DrSmellThis
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Beer adds belly fat, as do

intestinal problems. Water weight can also be a factor.

NaughtieGirl
04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Is there a

way to tell if the fat that accumulates around your stomach is from stress, or from food? :think:
My weight is

picking up, but so is my stomach. Funny thing is, you can still see the muslce separation at the top of my abs.

:sad:

:rant: Anyone!? Anyone!? :rant:
Euhmmm... coupon-related stress? :trout:

:lol:

MOBLEYC57
04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Euhmmm...

coupon-related stress? :trout: :lol:Somebody's living on borrowed time, give or take 1 or 2 seconds!

:twisted:

Don't get Mobley's Cross-the-lap Midget treatment, LittleSmartyFishyOne! :trout:

Rbt
12-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Wondering if anyone has any further

comments about cosmetic surgery for excess skin after large weight loss. Anybody out there ever had such surgery?