PDA

View Full Version : yet another new woman on board...

silksand
03-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi

everyone - I've made a few posts but thought I should introduce myself. I've been doing a lot of reading here and

appreciate the depth of experience/experimentation that is shared here, often with a great deal of humor and

personality!

I'm a 47-year-old woman, married, living with the same guy for 8+ years, and looking for

pheromonal help with perimenopausal/too-comfortable relationship libido issues. I've currently been using the

Beginning's combo, liking Alter Ego and Scent of Eros, not so sure about Edge/w yet ... such a sharp scent that

-none has on me, even with the Super Primal Oil mixed in (the Sapphire scent is very nice, by the way).

After seeing it mentioned here, I've also started using Realm for Women as a PMS reliever and find it helps

take that emotional edge off. I don't really like the scent of original Realm, which smells like a thin, poorly

balanced oriental to me, and needs covering with a better quality ambery oriental like Opium, Shalimar or Angelique

Encens. But Inner Realm is a light floral, somewhat powdery and easier for me to handle.

I've just ordered

the PI/w and PCC; I emailed FTR about my needs and she was extremely informative and encouraging, and this was her

recommendation. I think it's the copulins in SoE that I like so much about it, so I'm eager to see what effect PCC

has. My husband has been maybe a bit randier than usual, as have I, while I've been doing all this experimenting.

Oscar has suggested that maybe DH would wear some mones for me and I've given him some sample gel packs to try, but

he seems reluctant to do so ... I think he just doesn't like applying anything that might have an odor, or perhaps

he thinks it's all artificial somehow and therefore inauthentic... Coincidentally, though, he was visiting a friend

out of state last week and got turned on to Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance Body Wash (which I think was

discussed here recently??) - he liked how it smelled and liked that it left him feeling clean, unlike soap and all

other body washes he's tried. The thing is, although this product does not smell that good in the bottle, the scent

it leaves on the skin is fabulous and highly male-pheromonal! It even says on the back of the bottle "won't wash

off testosterone!" which has elicited much derision in some blogs I found... but I guess we know what they're

getting at. It is actually a deliciously authentic manly smell ... I had a boyfriend in college who smelled this way

naturally, and I think it's quite a feat of science that my 49-year-old clean-freak husband can now smell just as

good! I used to encourage him not to shower off all his sweat so often; now showering may be a good thing!

wood elf
03-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Silksand:

Welcome! I like

the way you think about male scent! There are times when my man comes in from working outside or exercising that I

want to eat him he smells so good. Do you wear Shalimar a lot? I have always liked the scent and was given a bottle

of the perfume for Christmas this year. Since we both like oriental scents we have been looking at sites on the web

that carry other asian products. Are there any you know of that are as nice?

I'm very glad to see another woman

posting.

W. Elf

silksand
03-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi, Wood Elf!

Smells are so essential to sensuality, aren't they? Some other oriental scents I like are Boudoir (floral-oriental

with a woman's-sexual-juices note), Habanita (hints of leather and tobacco under a powdery, womanly

benzoin/musk/vanilla floral), Intuition (ambery floral with some green notes), Indecence (delicious

cinnamon/vanilla/cedar), among others. (I'm using "oriental" in the olfactive family sense, not implying

Asian...)

DrSmellThis
03-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Old spice always did have a

classic manly smell to it.

I'd love to know more about ewhat you ladies like as far as perfumes. That will give

me ideas. Shalimar is a timeless favorite, I guess.

silksand
03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes, DST, Old Spice is

nice, but this new product does not have the classic recognizable Old Spice scent at all. This is not your dad's

cologne...

RE: what perfume I like ... it's been a major hobby and passion of mine for the past 18 months

or so. Some current loves are:

Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger
Annick Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien
Attar

Bazaar Persian Amber
Frederic Malle Iris Poudre, and Une Fleur de Cassie
Chanel No. 22 (love the

vetiver/vanilla/incense under white florals)
Coriandre, Balmain de Balmain, Jolie Madame in the chypre/green

category
Guerlain Ylang & Vanille

I'm all over the map - just not crazy about gourmands; anything else

I'm game for.

wood elf
03-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi, Wood Elf!

Smells are so essential to sensuality, aren't they? Some other oriental scents I like are Boudoir (floral-oriental

with a woman's-sexual-juices note), Habanita (hints of leather and tobacco under a powdery, womanly

benzoin/musk/vanilla floral), Intuition (ambery floral with some green notes), Indecence (delicious

cinnamon/vanilla/cedar), among others. (I'm using "oriental" in the olfactive family sense, not implying

Asian...)
Yes, more than most men seem to know! If a man doesn't smell right it can ruin the whole mood.

Have you noticed that men who drink a lot or don't eat well don't smell as sensual?

Thank you so much for the

list of perfumes. I will start looking for them next week to see what I like. Are they available in stores or do I

find them online?

NaughtieGirl
03-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Dear

Silksand,

Hi! I'm so happy you decided to join us! We really need more women here!

Guerlain Ylang &

Vanille - I will certainly go check it out. I just bought an essential oil this weekend that had Ylang in it and I

loved it. All those perfumes sound pretty French. Are you in France?

About the topic of "male scent" - Boy do I

have a story for you guys! Proof positive to me that pheromones (at least the natural onces) most CERTAINLY exist

and RULE! But it's too long of a story for right now. I just wanted to say I'm happy you started posting as well!

We are in very similar situations you and I. I look forward to swapping experiment results with you!

Naughtie

silksand
03-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes, more than

most men seem to know! If a man doesn't smell right it can ruin the whole mood. Have you noticed that men who drink

a lot or don't eat well don't smell as sensual?

Thank you so much for the list of perfumes. I will start

looking for them next week to see what I like. Are they available in stores or do I find them

online?

Absolutely agree with you, Wood Elf, about heavy alcohol/poor diet making a man (or a woman

for that matter) smell not so good, particularly if it's a chronic problem ... they can actually reek for a long

time AFTER they clean up their system. I notice even my single cup of coffee gives my sweat a more acrid note (too

bad I like it so much!)

Most of my collection has come from online sources - ebay or places like

attarbazaar.com, and some from places like TJMaxx - you can often find classic perfumes like the Balmains, Givenchys

and Guerlains there, as well as more trendy things. On ebay, you can often find people selling decants of the harder

to find scents like Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens and Frederic Malle - 1/3 oz for $10-18 or so. It's a great way to

experiment without a big investment.

silksand
03-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Dear

Silksand,

Hi! I'm so happy you decided to join us! We really need more women here!

Guerlain

Ylang & Vanille - I will certainly go check it out. I just bought an essential oil this weekend that had Ylang in it

and I loved it. All those perfumes sound pretty French. Are you in France?

About the topic of "male scent"

- Boy do I have a story for you guys! Proof positive to me that pheromones (at least the natural onces) most

CERTAINLY exist and RULE! But it's too long of a story for right now. I just wanted to say I'm happy you started

posting as well! We are in very similar situations you and I. I look forward to swapping experiment results with

you!

Naughtie

Hi Naughtie! Thanks for your warm welcome. Yes, we are in similar situations,

although in my case it's my own libido that had been flagging - interestingly, it seems the remedy may be the same.

I'd love to hear your male-scent story when you want to tell it!

oh yeah - I'm not in France, just

Minnesota. Most of those 'fumes I mentioned are French, though, except Boudoir (Vivienne Westwood is a Brit),

Annick Goutal is Dutch, and Persian Amber (Attar Bazaar is in the U.S. though the owners are of Middle Eastern

origin or ancestry, I believe). I think Ylang has a very sensual quality, along with jasmine, orange blossom and

tuberose. The Ylang & Vanille is a discontinued fragrance but you can still find it on ebay (best prices) and lots

of online dealers still have stock. (happy shopping!)

wood elf
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I have not developed a taste

for coffee other than sometimes having Latte. Belgareth likes dark roasted coffee but I have not ever noticed a

smell from it on him. It might be offset by all the fruit he eats. I do not know.

This week will be spring

break so I will have time to look around during the day. I will check EBay too. Thank you for so much good

information.

wood elf
03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
About the

topic of "male scent" - Boy do I have a story for you guys! Proof positive to me that pheromones (at least the

natural onces) most CERTAINLY exist and RULE! But it's too long of a story for right now.
NaughtiePlease

do tell us your story. I am looking forward to it.

Kendra
03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Welcome Silksand!!!!!!
I'm

French and I'm in France!! Perfume center of the world :p
By the way I would like to hear your story too because I

just looove natural man scent :p !!!

bindy
03-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi Silksand,

I started using

Maca because of menstrual cramps, and it had the added benefit of helping my libido. I'm have a very high sex

drive now, but a year ago it wasn't quite so high. I've also had the experience of finding the natural male scent

very appealing, as long as it's not sweaty dirty. I've been using mones for about a year and find that they also

help a lot.

Good luck,
Bindy

silksand
03-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Kendra and Bindy, thanks for

replying! Kendra, you are lucky indeed to be in the fragrance capital, not only for the 'fumes you find there, but

also because I understand there is not so much of a "scent backlash" as in the U.S. - there is quite a movement

getting started here involving people who want to ban wearing fragrance in public, can you imagine?!

Bindy,

thanks for mentioning maca. I had heard about maca for libido and did give it a try for 6 weeks or so ... I'm

afraid it did not do anything for me, but I am happy to know damiana is effective for me, at least for a few

hours!

Pancho1188
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Kendra and

Bindy, thanks for replying! Kendra, you are lucky indeed to be in the fragrance capital, not only for the 'fumes

you find there, but also because I understand there is not so much of a "scent backlash" as in the U.S. - there is

quite a movement getting started here involving people who want to ban wearing fragrance in public, can you

imagine?!

Some people are allergic, and others wear too much, especially men because women have

stronger senses of smell than men. That's not a reason to ban them, though...

silksand
03-27-2005, 03:33 PM
You're right, Pancho, many

people have reactions to perfume or to strong smells of any kind, and essential oils are no exception. And there are

a few "offenders" who wear too much without regard for others - wearing a lot of scent is a good way to keep others

at a distance, and I've heard some men say they even do this consciously for that effect. In my experience, though,

women are more likely to overdo it, and men are just as likely to be suffering ill effects from other's overdoses.

In fact several men in my life have gotten headaches from exposure to strongly applied scent.

I've read

some speculation and tend to agree with it, that part of the reason so many in North America are becoming very

sensitive to fragrance is that large quantities of it is being put in so MANY products nowadays - trash bags,

tissues, cleansers, and detergents among many others. We are actually bombarded by it unless we live off the grid

somehow. Many synthetic musks used commercially in such products are polluting our waterways and interfering with

mating habits of certain species... it's a much bigger issue than simply perfume, sad to say - and banning the

wearing of perfume (which has actually taken place in Halifax, Nova Scotia) is not likely to address it

effectively.