PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Possible Scam (pheromonestore.com)

Razzmatazz
03-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I recently

placed an order at a company called The Pheromone Store at sites <links deleted> I ordered the "Killer Pheromone

Combo for Men V2" for $84.00. It has been two weeks since I made the order. My credit card was charged $88.00 ($4.00

shipping) the day following the order. I began to inquire after a week elapsed. I attempted email contact three

times. There were no replies. I left a phone message. They have an 877 number as well as a 602 area code number.

Both connect to a voice mailbox. The order status on the site lists the order as pending. I requested a cancellation

of the order and an immediate refund. No refund has been given. The voice mailbox now reports that no more messages

can be left because it is full.

The problem is that this so-called store is an apparent rip-off of

love-scent.com. The software appears to be the same or similar and the format is nearly identical. Only through

experience have I been able to separate the reputable business of love-scent.com from this apparent scam at

pheromonestore.com. Now I'm left with reversing the charges through my bank and filing a complaint with the FTC and

criminal charges through the FBI. It amazes me that someone will, seemingly, so blatantly rip-off one business to

set up a front to steal people's money. I want to warn anyone that might come across this apparent sham operation

so that they will not have a similar negative experience with this apparently fraudulent business.

Razz

culturalblonde
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I recently had an

unauthorized charge on my charge card. I contacted the bank that issued my card. It was a lot of paperwork, but

after a month the unauthorized charge was removed. I sent all my correspondence (e-mails) to the bank,

also.

I don't know what the FTC or the FBI could do. You might want to try your state's Attorney General

and the Better Business Bureau. Both can be found on the internet.

Gegogi
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Maybe it's a one man show and he

had a family emergency, is overwhelmed with orders or took a two-week vacation. When our family business closes for

a few weeks of vacation customers bitch 'n whine like it's their God given right to be served 24/7.

I've

ordered things from dealers that took months to arrive and they never answered my inquires (New York camera

dealers!). Poor customer service but not necessarily dishonest. Two weeks ain't very long and is too early to post

potentially libellous comments.

Did you contact Square Trade for mediation before posting these comments?

They are a member and you can request mediation.

Incidentally, I can say LS has been prompt and peppy in

responses and order filling for me.

culturalblonde
03-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Hmmmm, I went to the sites

you listed and clicked on the link to the forum and it appears it has been hacked, cracked, or whatever.

PHP 87
03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Contact your CC company and let

them know what's up so they can do a charge back.

Razzmatazz
03-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the

input.

So far, I have filed a complaint with Square Trade, Gegogi's suggestion, and contacted the bank, PHP

87's suggestion, issuing my card. I need to provide a written statement detailing the events. The facts

are:

1. Order placed, charged $88.00
2. One week elapsed, no product received
3. Three emails sent, no

replies, one addressed to service@pmones.com bounced back today (this address was the contact on the emailed order

receipt)
4. Left phone message requesting refund, no refund as of yet
5. Site has an invalid forum link

(hacked)
6. No notice of reason for lack of service from The Pheromone Store
7. 16 days since order

placed

Culturalblonde,

The FTC regulates e-commerce on the Internet. They provide a convenient

complaint form on their web site. They have federal jurisdiction. I'm not sure that my state's Attorney General

would be appropriate as this case crosses state lines. The BBB is a possibility. The FBI provides the Internet Fraud

Complaint Center (IFCC). They also provide a convenient form.

I have been patient and am giving them the

benefit of the doubt. I admit to being irate in my original tone and consider that The Pheromone Store may not have

criminal intent. Their business may just be defunct. If that's the case, it's like a fish net just sitting there

waiting to catch your dollars. Perhaps no one is there to maintain the net. The whole thing could be running on

autopilot. They have an automatic script that changes the name of the special on the home page to match the current

date.

Gegogi,

That's nuts to wait for something for months without any response. This is the Internet

age. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to post a notice on your web site indicating a reason for lack of

service. Maybe they have been incarcerated.

I will update this thread as events unfold.

Razz

CptKipling
03-11-2005, 06:02 PM
That store had a forum, but it

was hacked by an unsatisfied customer, and was left down because of the amount of complaints on it (that last part

is speculation, but I did see the complaints, and there were a lot over a long period).

I believe someone

contacted square trade but got no help.

Edit: I also remember that someone visited the company address (stated

on the website), but it didn't exist!

Razzmatazz
03-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the corroboration

and additional information, CptKipling.

Directly from the BBB of Central/Northern Arizona:

THE

PHEROMONE STORE
9816 N. 16th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85020

Phone Number: 602-741-8556
Membership Status:

no
Type of Business: Mail Order & Catalog Shopping

The information in this report has either been

provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

This company is not a member

of this Better Business Bureau.

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an

unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

--------------------------------------------------

It seems my experience is not an isolated

incident. It pays to check out a company before doing business with them. I'll have to remember that.

Razz

DrSmellThis
03-12-2005, 10:58 AM
That is weird and scary that

they offer most of the same products as Bruce, at the same prices. I saw a couple of product reviews there that said

the site was a ripoff. Seems like bad news, at any rate.

Numanoid
03-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Stick with Love-Scent!

goodguy
03-15-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah I've

been ripped off by the pheromonestore too. I'm out 95 bucks thanks to them. I ordered back in November and I have

yet to get my order. They also overgharged me 14 dollars. It's hard to get your money back from people that offer

no customer service. Anyway, I just got my order in a timely fashion from love-scent so I'll just stick to this

site.

brunoc
03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
yeah, there is no shop like

love-scent, many exclusive products , premier world suport and shipping, and amazing prices !