PDA

View Full Version : Phi Theta Kappa?

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I've received a

membership application about three weeks ago, and trashed it. I just got another one in the mail yesterday stating

that I must respond by March 2, and was wondering.......

Does anyone know if there's any real benefits from

joining? :think:

Thanks! :wave:

DrSmellThis
02-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Is that anything like I Felta

Thi?

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Don't have me telling lies,

Doc. I haven't a clue. :blink: Just curious as to why my teacher said it would be considered an honor, and it

could open doors. Doors to what/where? :think:

culturalblonde
02-27-2005, 07:19 PM
http://www.ptk.org/
There is the website if you want to read more about it.

It is an honor and

a recognition for good grades...congratulations! Also, I believe you get to wear a special sash during the

gratuation ceremony.

culturalblonde
02-27-2005, 07:21 PM
We posted about the same

time. I think what your instructor is referring to is that you can use it on your resume.

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks CB! :thumbsup:

It

pretty much said that on the flyer that accompanied the form, about the sash and all. I was hoping that maybe

someone here may have been a member/part of it, and could give me more details as to what doors it could open, and

would it really be beneficial. Seems like doors close, the older we get.

My teacher appears to be one of those

types that like the best of everything, and keeps up with the Jones, if you get my meaning ... tries to outdo, or do

the same as anyone important/with money. Definitely not me! She gave me this ugly look when I said I didn't want to

be a member of someone's group. :rant:

Still ... I was just curious. :think:

tim929
03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
:lol: I felta thigh? did you

graduate sum cum loudly?:lol:

InternationalPlayboy
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I've received a membership application about three weeks ago, and trashed it. I just got another

one in the mail yesterday stating that I must respond by March 2, and was wondering.......

Does anyone know

if there's any real benefits from joining? :think:

Thanks! :wave:

I joined about 22 years

ago. Went to my initial required meeting, then never did anything again. I think the only thing that benefitted me

was that I could list it on a resumé and it helped me get the job I have now. You have to maintain a GPA above a

certain level to be eligible to join.

A few years later, I was invited to join their alumni association. I

went to one meeting and the people were a bunch of energetic go-getters. I was still a hippie at the time and

didn't feel like I fit in. It probably would have been good for me as being an Army brat, then getting a job with

the military in electronics, I never have been around business people that much.

I see I'm kind of late on

the reply, sorry. I just noticed this thread.

MOBLEYC57
03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I

joined about 22 years ago. Went to my initial required meeting, then never did anything again. I think the only

thing that benefitted me was that I could list it on a resumé and it helped me get the job I have now. You have to

maintain a GPA above a certain level to be eligible to join.

A few years later, I was invited to join their

alumni association. I went to one meeting and the people were a bunch of energetic go-getters. I was still a hippie

at the time and didn't feel like I fit in. It probably would have been good for me as being an Army brat, then

getting a job with the military in electronics, I never have been around business people that much.

I see I'm

kind of late on the reply, sorry. I just noticed this thread.
Thanks, IPB!

I'm sucking wind right now

in shcool, but if I hold up enough to keep my GPA up, I may join just before graduating. Would be embarrassing to

join, and get kicked out because I got burned out. :rant:

We'll see. To be continued....

DrSmellThis
03-09-2005, 10:01 AM
:lol: I felta

thigh? did you graduate sum cum loudly?:lol:No, I tappa kegga.

Mtnjim
03-09-2005, 10:39 AM
I was in college in the '60's.

Was a member of Lambda Sigma Delta.

Of course, it was the 60's:run:

Gegogi
03-12-2005, 11:57 AM
On my campus, 99% of the members

are women and they love to socialize, perform community service and have meetings. I guess male students have too

much trouble with their GPAs! So, if you're a guy, there could be good opps to test out your 'mones and social

skills. These go-getters and do-gooders just might prove to be great in the sack. Of course many of them are

born-again Christians so you may have to get married first...

MOBLEYC57
05-10-2006, 09:21 PM
:type: Well, the jock pulled it off! :thumbsup:

I graduate on Friday, May 12 at 7 p.m. and you're all

invited! :cheers:

PHI THETA KAPPA, Who's Who in American Junior College, and a 3.5+ depending on my last two

grades + the 3 As that's already posted.

Not in a million years would I have thought that I'd end up with a

two-year degree in anything that had nothing to do with sports, but day after tomorrow I will have one in Medical

Adminstration. Miracles do happen! :thumbsup: I'm a witness!!! :cheers:

Come Friday, I'll be a bumb with a

degree! :rofl: :rofl: Truly amazing!!! :drunk: :cheers: :drunk:

Those of you that have completed 4 or more years

of college, I bow down :box: to you!

:rant: I still hate school!!!!! :frustrate

belgareth
05-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Mobley,

Congratulations!

Holmes
05-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Congrats

Mobley!

Those of you that have completed 4 or more years of college, I bow down :box: to

you!

Save your back.

DrSmellThis
05-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Wow, Mobes -- you kicked

@$$!

Please accept my condolences, I mean, ahem, congratlations, since you must now find a job (I tried to be a

student forever, but it didn't work).

It does sound like you have a bright future ahead of you, given your

degree and performance; and it's good to hear the good news.

I hope you're still a lovable jock, too. What are

your favorite sports?

MOBLEYC57
05-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow, Mobes --

you kicked @$$!

Please accept my condolences, I mean, ahem, congratlations, since you must now find a job (I

tried to be a student forever, but it didn't work).

It does sound like you have a bright future ahead of you,

given your degree and performance; and it's good to hear the good news.

I hope you're still a lovable jock,

too. What are your favorite sports?

Thanks one ... thanks all! :cheers:

It's official ... I'm a

grad, and it ended up with my last semester of me getting all (5) As! They really wanted to make sure I was gone!

Doc ... football is my life since it ended up with me playing in the Italian Football League ... middle

linebacker, tail back, and kick off and punt returner. I can shoot some hoops, and ran 1:07 880.

BUMB with a

degree bids you all a good'un! :drunk:

CptKipling
05-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Congratulations mobester!

DrSmellThis
05-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks one

... thanks all! :cheers:

It's official ... I'm a grad, and it ended up with my last semester of me getting

all (5) As! They really wanted to make sure I was gone!

Doc ... football is my life since it ended up with me

playing in the Italian Football League ... middle linebacker, tail back, and kick off and punt returner. I can shoot

some hoops, and ran 1:07 880.

BUMB with a degree bids you all a good'un! :drunk:I wish I knew enough

about track to understand your time. That's awesome you played in Italy. Are you not rather huge for a returner?

I think you dwarf Jerome Bettis even. I'd picture you more as rushing the QB/stuffing the run. I also love both

football and hoops (the sport I was best at). PM me sometime if you have some sports commentary or trash talk to get

off your chest. :)

MOBLEYC57
05-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Capitano! :thumbsup:

I wish I knew enough about track to understand your time. That's awesome you played in Italy.

Are you not rather huge for a returner? I think you dwarf Jerome Bettis even. I'd picture you more as rushing the

QB/stuffing the run. I also love both football and hoops (the sport I was best at). PM me sometime if you have some

sports commentary or trash talk to get off your chest. :)

The track thing was two laps around the track,

I think 880 meters.

At the time, I weight 235 ... 53 pounds lighter. Oh yeah! Rush quaterbacks and stuffing

runners, I did. Thing is, it was a good tention releaser. I played for an Italian team out of Rome called the

Gladiatori, and it was great after a long weeks work to release the tension buildup from work.

I never talked

trash, but so enjoyed the other Americans (each team was only allowed to have two on the field at one time, and

three or four on the roster. Can't remember.) on the other teams talked it. It brought out my high school nickname

in me! M.O.B. = Man or Beast.

I sometimes get chills thinking about certain hits I put on some people; to

hear the crowd go "Oooooooooooooo" from the hit was almost a turn on!:whip:

Gawd! Got my blood pumping ... I

need to hit someone or something! Since my mom's not home, I guess I'll have to go out into the streets and hit me

a car or truck!:smite:

InternationalPlayboy
05-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Cool Mobley!

Congratulations! :thumbsup: