PDA

View Full Version : Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802) is amended

surfs_up
02-21-2005, 10:36 AM
as of January 15, 2005 an incredibly long list of prohormones were added to

the registry of controlled substances. This was effected in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004.

In the

text of the Act it is stated:

"The term `anabolic steroid' means any drug or hormonal substance, chemically

and pharmacologically related to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and

dehydroepiandrosterone)"

Notice that inclusive legislative term "any hormonal substance"...

and in

case there is any ambiguity, "`(xlx) any salt, ester, or ether of a drug or substance described in this

paragraph"

And in a burst of love for all,... "(2) consider amending the Federal sentencing guidelines to

provide for increased penalties with respect to offenses involving anabolic steroids in a manner that reflects the

seriousness of such offenses and the need to deter anabolic steroid trafficking and use; and..."

Wonderful,

just wonderful....

I suppose we could reasonably argue that pheromones comprise a different class of

substances with entirely different goals... they may take the position that pheromones are structurally close

enough, they are chemically related to testosterone, and that is that.

Watcher
02-21-2005, 12:51 PM
BDC could keep a seperate role for

pheromones ..... is there any great moves to ban pheromones which are androgens and not anabolic ??

So buy up

youre life time supply of pheormones lol before then lol

Undertow
02-21-2005, 01:33 PM
The whole act is crap anyway.

Since when did steroids become the scourge of this country? Heaven forbid the government actually worry about

important things.

Holmes
02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, no shit.

surfs_up
02-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Joseph Biden, the sponsor, probably doesn't know anything about organic chemistry. His

constituents were screaming, the media were screaming, wannabee high school jocks desperate for attention were

messing up with it, and it was another demon rum as far as the american public was concerned. Sadly, it is a hard

ass piece of legislation that is designed to take down the pro-hormone suplement industry, blow it clean off the map

with no back talk from the peanut gallery. I had no idea it had even happened. There must have been a deliberate

media blackout to prevent any debate in public forums. Frankly I'm now concerned that they'll only create a

monster like they did with prohibition where the bad, bad guys take over the distribution channels.

bjf
02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Surfs_Up, I was under the impression

that the bill was changed after passing or something...so it isn't so wide-ranging...