PDA

View Full Version : being overqualified

TRock
02-15-2005, 12:08 AM
is there a way to be

overqualified to a girl through mones, body language, looks, inner game, dress good? i get a good amount of IOI's

(indicators of interest) a day but the % doesn't match up with my social cirlce %. social circle is 50+% while with

the girls that i pass by throughout the day, i avg about 5 girls. this doesn't account for the fact that i'm not

attentive sometimes. but the numbers still don't extrapolate from social circle success. also i never get girls

approaching me, while my friend who's basically a carbon copy of me but not in the "community" says he gets

approached all time. we're on the up and up with each other so i don't think he's lying. i know i'm supposed to

do approaching but it's an ego competition between us.

what i'm saying is i know they are attracted but do

they throw the white flag by not sending IOI's because of my perceived value. i know it's not in my head because

through highschool i always had the hottest chicks and in social circles the hottest chick are attracted to me.

SirAngel
02-15-2005, 12:38 AM
There is a myth in our culture

that that a woman precieved to have a lower "value" than another male is not allowed to be with him and the other

way around (girl very pretty and high status). Wich is a load of nonsense , but never the less it exists, so this

could deffinetly be true for you TRock. Just think of when go saw godgess girl with a short fat man who didn´t seem

particulary rich. You always automaticly think..what does a woman like this want with a guy like that? he must have

loads of money otherwise she wouldn´t be with him, because she is a godess and he a little gnome.

Gegogi
02-15-2005, 01:14 AM
"is there a way to be

overqualified to a girl through mones, body language, looks, inner game, dress good?"

Just because

you believe you're the cat's meow doesn't mean every woman sees you in the same light. That is, the ideals of

manhood and what constitute attraction vary from woman to woman. Moreover, it's very easy to look so

"overqualified" you appear to be full of yourself.

When the desired one is desired by everyone, they become

very high maintenance. Nobody wants to watch their back and put up with constant competition. In high school it's

just a practice session so the pretty boy muscle stud reins supreme. As women get older they get inceasingly

practical, thinking, "will this guy make it in a long term committment"? So, sure, many women consciously shy away

from a guy known to be a player, just like guys avoid women of the same attributes. I can speak from experience as

some women whom were attracted initially to me quickly bailed. Later they told me they bailed because they thought I

was too smooth and perfect, and figured I was a player. It's better to not put on too many airs and act natural.

People will eventually see through the best rehearsed best dog 'n pony show.

MOBLEYC57
02-15-2005, 07:33 AM
That is, the

ideals of manhood and what constitute attraction vary from woman to woman. Moreover, it's very easy to look

so "overqualified" you appear to be full of yourself.

I can speak from experience as some women whom were

attracted initially to me quickly bailed. Later they told me they bailed because they thought I was too smooth

and perfect, and figured I was a player. It's better to not put on too many airs and act natural. People

will eventually see through the best rehearsed best dog 'n pony show.Those right there! :thumbsup:

People use to tell me alllllll the time, that they TH0UGHT I was full of myself/stuck up, before they got to know

me. I never could figure out why, 'cause, to me, the only guys that can pull that off has to have that pretty model

looking face, and that I do not have.

As for the too smooth and too perfect ... I THINK that when a woman is

not used to a man being a certain way, that happens. It's hard believing someone can be good when everyone else

they've delt with turned out bad. I've had women ask me if I could be happy with just one woman, and they got

upset and started acting crazy when they couldn't find out any different. They'd accuse me, and they'd make up

stuff, but couldn't find ONE thing.

You're never overqualified, my friend ... not even for a job ... no matter

what they tell you! :thumbsup:

Don't let life and women confuse you, Dear Watson ... it's their way, and

it's not personal.:run:

Icehawk
02-15-2005, 07:41 AM
So what you're really asking is

one can be Too Sexy??? Well the anwser is yes. Guys do it to women all the time so why cant it work the other

way? Simply the difference between percieved low vs high self seteem/value.

esk6969
02-15-2005, 10:38 AM
My lord, that's it! You've

just hit the nail on the head - that MUST be the problem I've been having all these years! I'm actually TOO

sexy....

"Daaaa da da dum. da dum. da dum. - CAN'T TOUCH THIS - daaa da da dum. da dum. da dum."

etc......

Holmes
02-15-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm/Too Sexy for this morgue/Too

Sexy for this basement

Etc. etc.