PDA

View Full Version : A note on the mones in Pheros

DrSmellThis
02-07-2005, 01:07 PM
This

is in response to recent customer inquiries, posted here for all who want the information:

The content of the

usual, popular synthesized lab pheromones is very small compared to other products (like 1/100, plus the equivalent

of approximately 1/7 drop of EW like copulins per bottle); but Pheros contains many other natural pheromones

and pheromone-like substances (collectively, "analog pheromones") that are otherwise unavailable at love-scent, or

most anywhere else (Hence it is good for combining with the other products).

The exact content in terms of

numbers would be impossible to document, as the exact content of analog pheromones in natural substances is still

largely unknown to us. To do this even for sandalwood, jasmine, or civet would be extremely difficult or almost

impossible. I also added some pure, isolated analog pheromones, but was paying attention to the smell and failed to

record how much I put in. However, if I had told you, the numbers would be meaningless and uncomparable; as

they could not have been figured by milligrams of dry chemical.

Much more detailed information on the content of

Pheros can be found in the Pheromone Reference Library page on Pheros, in the first link

at the bottom of the page.

There is also a lot of general information in the forum about Pheros,

searchable in the advanced search function under the word “Pheros” and poster, “DrSmellThis”; only for posts

after 3/1/04. Try it. Everything should be there. (Thanks go to Oscar for identifying the correct search

technique.)
Early threads full of information included "The Story of Pheros" and "Big News!"

Watcher
02-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Thanks for that suggest you also

link to the thred through edit

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Which thread?

Marlboro_man
02-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I am guessing that this is

what he is looking for

[url="http://pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/pheros.htm"]http://pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/pheros.htm[/

url]

MOBLEYC57
02-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Off topic 'cause I can't seem

to find the post, but someone posted, recently, the Pheros:NPA mix (3P:1N) ... Doc didn't you once say that TE

scented would probably be a better mix with Pheros? :blink:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

CptKipling
02-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah the Sandalwood version,

but only from a scent point of view.

bjf
02-13-2005, 02:25 PM
If you premix with NPA, can't the

NPA cause a funkification?

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Off topic

'cause I can't seem to find the post, but someone posted, recently, the Pheros:NPA mix (3P:1N) ... Doc didn't you

once say that TE scented would probably be a better mix with Pheros? :blink:

Thanks! :thumbsup:I always

thought Pheros would make a great flavor to Edge, yes. But I wonder if, say, four large Edge-bottle-sized

dabs of "Pheros Edge" (3:1, P:NPA) might just smell too strong for some. I could be wrong, as I know

people have had success with that ratio. I wonder if, say 3:2 might be more balanced between effect and scent.

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 02:33 PM
If you premix with

NPA, can't the NPA cause a funkification?Good question, which I don't know the answer to. My guess is not

in this instance, due to the nature of Pheros as being compatible with pheromones. I could be wrong, though,

so it would be best to try it in small quantity.

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I am

guessing that this is what he is looking for

[url="http://pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/pheros.htm"]http://pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/pheros.htm[/

url] Thanks, Marlboro.

bjf
02-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Good question,

which I don't know the answer to. My guess is not in this instance, due to the nature of Pheros as being

compatible with pheromones. I could be wrong, though, so it would be best to try it in small

quantity.

I think someone (big gulp?) said it did, which is why I never made the mix.

Marlboro_man
02-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks,

Marlboro.Your welcome Doc.

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 03:22 PM
I think someone

(big gulp?) said it did, which is why I never made the mix.I don't recall big gulp saying that,

though I've seen every thread on Pheros. I recall me saying that sometimes -none as an ingredient can

sour a perfume.

bjf
02-13-2005, 03:28 PM
One of the guys who made the mix told

me that privately when I asked for an update several months later, iirc.

InternationalPlayboy
02-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Off

topic 'cause I can't seem to find the post, but someone posted, recently, the Pheros:NPA mix (3P:1N) ... Doc

didn't you once say that TE scented would probably be a better mix with Pheros? :blink:

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

I mentioned that ratio last night. The original idea was by Ash in

this

thread (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10010&page=2&highlight=Jennifer+Garner+NPA+Pheros).

If you premix with NPA, can't the NPA cause a

funkification?

I dug out the vial of 3:1 Pheros/NPA this morning that was mixed up sometime around

last April or May. It smells fine to me, just a more intense Pheros smell was all I could tell and I have no problem

smelling NPA or TE.

I did mix in a small batch though, mainly because Pheros is such a limited entity. I used

a 1/4 ounce vial from an herb shop and there was maybe 1/8 of an inch of Pheros/NPA left in it.

I need to

remember to order a couple more bottles of Pheros soon to hoard. Still have about a half bottle of the original

release and over 2/3s of the second release, but I know I will be sorry when it's all gone.

DrSmellThis
02-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for finding that

thread, IP. Some hit stories!

That was JDM who originally invented the mix, btw.

MOBLEYC57
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I

mentioned that ratio last night. The original idea was by Ash in

this

thread (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10010&page=2&highlight=Jennifer+Garner+NPA+Pheros).

I dug out the vial of 3:1 Pheros/NPA this morning that was mixed up sometime around last April or

May. It smells fine to me, just a more intense Pheros smell was all I could tell and I have no problem smelling NPA

or TE.

I did mix in a small batch though, mainly because Pheros is such a limited entity. I used a 1/4 ounce

vial from an herb shop and there was maybe 1/8 of an inch of Pheros/NPA left in it.

I need to remember to order

a couple more bottles of Pheros soon to hoard. Still have about a half bottle of the original release and over 2/3s

of the second release, but I know I will be sorry when it's all gone.
Thanks, INTPB! :thumbsup:

You

have any thoughts on the mix? I know sooner or later I'm going to have to find out for meself, but .....

bjf
02-13-2005, 05:45 PM
When unscented Chikara comes out, I

am defintely going to try a variation on it.

Watcher
02-13-2005, 06:59 PM
unscented chikara yes that is on

my purchase list now i know its out oh and thanks for the info it helps the newbies out

Flash1
03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Hello DrSmellThis,

Hi:wave: I´m a newbie I have to say that I

just got my order in and my wife and I feel it is the perfect blend of aromas, I was looking for something unique to

wear in my workplace and I think I have found it, Pheros a great product ! I

think I will have to order another bottle next week for her. I also got the chem kit which I plan to use with the

Pheros as a cover, basically a more social than sexual mix if you have any

recomendations doc please... let me know. I have been reading the forum for about 2 weeks educating myself and must

say you Phero Dudes put out some great stuff. God willing maybe I can start posting some experiences in the next

week or so. You guys do a great job and thank you for all that I have learned .

:cheers:

CptKipling
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Something with equal amounts of

-nol, -none and -rone from the Chem Set would be a good place to start. Then you can try tweaking the amounts of

each to get exactly what you are looking for.

Remember to always mix up small batches to avoid waste.

Flash1
03-03-2005, 06:26 AM
Thank you CptKipling for setting me straight on basic starting

point for mixes. I see that it can be diluted with solvent 1:1 before mixes . Is the original concentrated non nol

rol 3 ml bottles too strong ? If so should it be diluted before actual mixing? And what would you recomend to use

sd40-b or regular alcohol or maybe oil?
Greatly

appreciated..........:thumbsup:

DrSmellThis
03-03-2005, 10:26 AM
You could start with 2 dabs

-nol and one dab each of -rone and -none.

I'm glad you like the product! Women often decide to wear it too.

CptKipling
03-03-2005, 12:26 PM
You should be able to use the

alcohol provided with the chem set (it's in the bigger bottle). You don't need to dilute before mixing, but if you

are starting out I would advise you to dilute at least to 1:1 with alcohol before applying - it's just easier that

way and less risky with -none. You could also make a small batch of each of the three pheromones in diluted form,

for example put about 1/4 of a ml of each into separate bottles and then put another 1/4 ml of alcohol in each. This

will allow you to use each one on it's own first.

Flash1
03-11-2005, 05:30 AM
Thamk you Doc I'm field testing

this week. I think I'll start individually with nol then add non o ron as I see the differences.

Flash1
03-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Hola Capt,

I did dilute for

starting out and made small batches which I've been testing with but guess what the batch with the none evaporated

in the tester bottle . The cap was on securely dont know what happened maybe it was open for about a minute. Wow the

none really evaporates quickly.

DrSmellThis
03-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Something

with equal amounts of -nol, -none and -rone from the Chem Set would be a good place to start. Then you can try

tweaking the amounts of each to get exactly what you are looking for.

Remember to always mix up small batches to

avoid waste.Hey mods, did this post get transplanted into this thread somehow? How did the subject change so

suddenly?

belgareth
03-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey mods,

did this post get transplanted into this thread somehow? How did the subject change so suddenly?Random

association?

DrSmellThis
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Maybe Kip thought he was

posting in the chem set thread.

CptKipling
03-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Hello

DrSmellThis,

Hi:wave: I´m a newbie I have to say that I just got my order in and

my wife and I feel it is the perfect blend of aromas, I was looking for something unique to wear in my workplace and

I think I have found it, Pheros a great product ! I think I will have to order

another bottle next week for her. I also got the chem kit which I plan to use with the

Pheros as a cover, basically a more social than sexual mix if you have any recomendations

doc please... let me know. I have been reading the forum for about 2 weeks educating myself and must say you

Phero Dudes put out some great stuff. God willing maybe I can start posting some experiences in the next week or so.

You guys do a great job and thank you for all that I have learned .

:cheers:
I was responding to

that.

DrSmellThis
03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Ooops -- my mistake. Sorry. I

thought maybe two unrelated threads got combined somehow. Senility is hell.

CptKipling
03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
No problem :)

NaughtieGirl
03-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Hey Doctor!

There

isn't a women's version, is there? Can I challenge you?

LOL - You could just sniff your creation and if it

drives you crazy with lust - I'll buy the entire batch from you!!!

NaughtieGirl

koolking1
03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
there is no woman's

version that I'm aware of but my girlfriend has been wearing Pheros since it was initially introduced. There was a

point however when Pheros was "out of stock" and she was almost beside herself when her bottle ran out. Sue then

started using Spark (Liz Clairborne, somewhat similar fragrance) until she was able to re-order Pheros. Pheros is

wonderful stuff. It makes her feel confident and peaceful when she wears it. She's wearing it for herself and not

for others to be affected by it.

NaughtieGirl
03-11-2005, 05:14 PM
That sounds

very, very nice. I think I'll order it, just for that.

I'll be posting tomorrow on my progress with

essential oils and "scentology". We'll most likely be snowed in (You too btw!) and I'll have time.

NaughtieGirl

belgareth
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
We'll most

likely be snowed in (You too btw!) and I'll have time.

NaughtieGirl
It's supposed to be over 80

degrees here tomorrow. We were planning to spend the day outside then maybe barbequing some ribs or something.

DrSmellThis
03-12-2005, 10:35 AM
There is no women's

Pheros, but women often choose to use it as is.

I will be making new perfumes in the near future.

It's like July out here.

Bigman808
04-09-2005, 11:50 AM
This is kinda off-topic, but I

just wanted to ask a few questions about Pheros. First of all, what's the deal with Pheros? Is there a limited

supply? I saw this thread was based on the product and its concentrations as well as contents, so I figured I'd

ask it here rather than creating a whole other topic. Thanks!

DrSmellThis
04-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes, Pheros is a

limited edition product. I made one very large batch by hand, but will not make another one.

For now there is

plenty for everyone; and each bottle lasts a long time. There should be enough for the next six months, at least.

In six months the supply might start to dwindle. On the other hand, there might still be some a year from now. You

just can't predict how fast it will go.

Bruce is keeping it off the wholesale market, so that forum members

will have it around as long as possible.