PDA

View Full Version : please help, dont know what flower to pick

tman6919
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
HI guys, i have a really hot date tonight and she just called me and told me i have to meet her mom

when i pick her up. This girl is a real good girl and has really strict parents. I'm thinking about going to the

flower shop and picking mom up something to make a good impression, does anyone know what the approprate flower

would be , or should i just go empty handed?

DrSmellThis
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Get her a pack of Lucky

Strikes. I could be wrong.

Or go empty handed and be polite. No need to overdo it. I might take her a can of

sauerkraut my mom canned or something like that. Just try to fit in to their "culture" a little.

Surreal
02-06-2005, 12:35 PM
If you are 21+ get her a bottle

of wine.

just a nice little flower bukay (sp) nothing expesive just colorful.

esk6969
02-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Well, my reply is probably too

late to help for this case, but in the future, I would recommend a small, potted orchid. The advantages are

many:

- Everyone thinks orchids are really expensive, but actually, their increased cultivation has driven prices

down. A small orchid, with pot, can be had all day long at home depot, walmart, target, etc., for about 10

bucks.
- Orchids are the best value in flowers, period. An orchid bloom can last for weeks, even months, if

properly cared for. Compare that to about a week for most others.
- Orchids just exude "class", from their simple,

understated, refined elegance. Sometimes called the "aristocrat of flowers", they are also not subject to negative

interpretations as other flowers (carnations=cheap, roses=too romantic, daisys=too childish, etc.)
- Presenting an

already potted plant shows thoughtfulness. Almost any other bouquet requires cutting, finding a vase, fertilizing

the water, get a penny for the water, blah, blah, etc. Distracting. Potted orchid, just find a place for it.
-

Orchids add to almost ANY decor. (Except "Early 70's Singlewide Trailer", LOL)
- And finally, a blooming orchid

in the living room will serve as a constant, elegant reminder of your thoughtfulness for weeks, or even months to

come, to both your date, and her mother. It will be sitting there in the living room, constantly reincforcing the

subconscious message, "tman6919 is a great guy. tman6919 is a great guy..... ":twisted: