PDA

View Full Version : Voice training

Marlboro_man
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Voice training is

an important part of meeting and getting respect from people. Is there anyone out there who could recommend a book

or even better an audio series to work on this all important technique?

TRock
02-05-2005, 01:29 PM
i have non verbal sexual

communication. i never did the exercises that it said to do lol. if you speak slower and from your chest you'll

automatically be deeper. record yourself doing it and test out different variations and use the one that soudns

best.

do you freqent fastseduction.com? look up AMOG in the forums. people subtley test you to see if you are

alpha, like hey can you go to the fridge and get me a beer or your friend will say "hey man, you're gay". going to

get the beer or not chumping your friend back makes you look beta without you realizing it. i think that's one of

the difference b/w somebody that gets respect and somebody that doesn't. i know this guy, i wouldn't call him a

friend but he's a "cool guy" so we hang out together b/c it increases our social proof. the guy is always trying to

chump other people, not sure if he conciously does it or not. he's a leader in a few clubs and pulls a good amount

of girls. he's what you would call a social cirlce player, no game out side of social circles. i've been observing

some of the things he does and incorporating it into what i do.

InternationalPlayboy
02-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I bought Roger

Love's Vocal Power Speaking with Authority, Clarity, and Conviction a couple of months back but

unfortunately I haven't had time to listen to much of it yet.

It's produced by Nightingale-Conant, who do a

variety of self-improvement titles. I have several of their tape and CD sets that I like.

This one has 6 CDs

plus a "bonus" CD of daily exercises and a CD-Rom workbook. I think the price was close to $100, but they sometimes

offer a one month trial, which is what I bought this one under. From what I did listen to, I decided it was

something that I would try down the road so I kept it.

Just FYI, the CDs cover the following

topics:

CD1-Session 1: Undrstanding Influential Communication
Session 2:Breathing Exercises for

Vocal Power

CD2-Session 3: Your Chest, Middle, and Head Voices
Session 4: The Six Voice

Types

(This as far as I've gotten so far.)

CD3-Session 5: The Building Blocks of Voice: Volume

and Melody
Session 6: The Building Blocks of Voice: Pitch, Tone, and Pace

CD4-Session 7: Overcoming

Stage Fright for Life
Session 8: The Inner Sounds of Success

CD5-Session 9: Diet, Myths, Dos, and

Don'ts
Session 10: Physiology, Hand Movement, Body Movement

CD6-Session 11: Essential

Extras
Session 12: Intentional Changes for Intentional Results

As an alternative to this, someone posted a

link to GreatVoice.com (http://www.greatvoice.com/speaker/thevoicecoach.html) a few months ago. They sell

lessons but also have some free articles on their site, plus you can sign up for a free voice newsletter there.

platinumfox
09-25-2005, 06:31 AM
I started auditioning for

voiceovers in commercials etc. because people tell me I have a great voice.It can hypnotize people if used

properly.

Gegogi
09-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I've noticed a lot of young men

try to speak at a lower pitch than is natural for their vocal mechanism. I assume they're trying to sound macho.

However, they sound silly and have difficulty projecting and speaking quickly. I call it mumbling baritone. Plus,

their main weakness is substance--meaningful content--in their speech, not tonal tone.

surfs_up
09-25-2005, 06:04 PM
THE classic text for actors, speech therapists, politicians, and anyone seriously working on their

speech...

eisu
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I have been working on my voice for

a little while now and am already after those works mentioned by you, surfs_up and InternationalPlayboy. Thanks for

sharing.

I noticed that my voice was always deeper and raunchier when I first wake up, as I am sure every other

guy's is too. I am wondering if anyone knows about any substance or food that can make one's voice temporarily

deeper. You know how a certain gas (helium?) gives you a funny chipmunky voice; is there anything that has the

opposite effect?

whf
09-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Yes, drink a lot and smoke a lot.

And don't wear a scarf in winter. It's a nono : )

bjf
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
eisu: i think it's deeper because

are T-levels are higher at night (morning wood)

If I think tribulus may raise t-levels? well, copulins do.

Netghost56
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM
My voice is really deep and

husky in the morning, but by the end of the day I'm squeaking.

If I'm interested in something or engaged in an

intelligent conversation, I can talk for hours, which is why I think I tend to "squeak" by the end of the day.

slickracer
09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
what gegogi says about

substance is right. people say too much to get to a point and dson't know how to use the words right. when ever i

would be talking or argueing with people i would never speak alot and hold on to what i have to say. it always makes

the other person nervous and makes them fill in the blank. and the mroe you say the more you reveal about your side

and the more weakness i see in your plan. i can have people be argueing a one sided debate as they are the only ones

speaking and when i do speak i will hit the critacal points that will just fuck them up so much that they will try

to back them self up with more crap. which in turngives me more ammo. (something i started doing in debate class and

never lost a debate after that, well actually ever in that class.)

other then that i kind of train how i speak

at work, i work at a fastfood place and i do the drive by windo.

chicago
09-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Marlboro_man (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/member.php?u=1893) matching a womans speed of talking , has

more impact than a deep tone voice.
________
bondage girl

Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/bdsm/)

Holmes
09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
THE classic text

for actors, speech therapists, politicians, and anyone seriously working on their speech...

Yes

indeed.

phersurf
09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
The Non Verbal Sexual Cuing

exercises are actually pretty good. You have to keep doing them for a while until you internalize them.

One

study showed that men and women that speak with a sexy voice have more partenrs in their life regardless of other

attributes. Such as waist to hip ratio for women and height for men.

cookiemonster
09-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Is that a specific book,

or website .. ?

The Non Verbal Sexual Cuing exercises are actually pretty good. You have

to keep doing them for a while until you internalize them.

One study showed that men and women that speak with a

sexy voice have more partenrs in their life regardless of other attributes. Such as waist to hip ratio for women and

height for men.

Rbt
09-29-2005, 11:36 AM
what gegogi says

about substance is right. people say too much to get to a point and dson't know how to use the words right. when

ever i would be talking or argueing with people i would never speak alot and hold on to what i have to say. it

always makes the other person nervous and makes them fill in the blank. and the mroe you say the more you reveal

about your side and the more weakness i see in your plan. i can have people be argueing a one sided debate as they

are the only ones speaking and when i do speak i will hit the critacal points that will just fuck them up so much

that they will try to back them self up with more crap. which in turngives me more ammo. (something i started doing

in debate class and never lost a debate after that, well actually ever in that class.)

There is

that old saying about "better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove

all doubt..."

:rant:

Speech and drama classes helped me with my voice.

seduceme
10-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Another thing to note WHY

successful people have a deeper voice is because of hormonal conditions, usually as a result OF their

success.

Success boost testosterone levels in both males and females, explaining why teamsupporters of a

winning team often end in more violent parties following a successful game. It also explains the feeling of

invincibility athletes feel in solitary sports such as boxing wrestling etc. They have proven that athletes who win

walk away with a boost of testosterone, the losers experience a loss of testosterone. It's explained that this is

natures way of encouraging someone to continue do what they do.

Either way, testosterone with no doubt

develops the larynx and a deeper voice, simply look at what happens to young men who enter puberty.

xtralucky8
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
I like to

use a little drop of TE under my nose to give me an aggressive, in your face attitude. It is fun and I generally

don't get to stupid. It will deepen my voice dramatically. I think the long time forum members can help with

this... What about it guys? Anybody had similar results with mones?
xtral