PDA

View Full Version : mixing with cologne

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 06:27 PM
Would you recomend:

1) adding NPA to my existing cologne (Curve by Liz Claiborne)

2) using a spray or two of Andro 4.2 along with the cologne

Thanx in Advance for your help!

oscar
11-21-2001, 08:27 AM
sean,

NPA sounds like a better idea, I\'ve had success with anything I\'ve added it to.
Just start out with small experimental batches until you get it right.

Use cologne in 4 or 5 or 6 parts to 1 part of NPA. Different colognes have varying potencies and you don\'t want to have too much fragrance and too little pheros, or vice versa.

I bought several small pocket atomizers ($6 ea.) at The Body Shop in the mall, and these make great test vessels.

One thing is often ignored here- Before committing large quantities of cologne or pheros to an apparently successful test batch, let it steep for a couple of days. Sometimes the overall scent will change considerably in this period, and adjustments become necessary.

Good Luck,
Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 12:25 PM
Oh, so the idea is to buy the open face colognes and mix it in an atomizer? Do you ever mix it in a larger bottle once you got the formula?

oscar
11-21-2001, 04:36 PM
truth,

Nope. I don\'t like to commit large quantities of anything, cologne or pheros to something I may grow tired of.

I have eight atomizers. Two 10ml. ones, and six 5ml. ones. One tenner holds L\'Eau D\'Issey with NPA mix (5 to 1) , the other has Issey/P10 (6 to 1). Other Issey mixes I carry in the fivers are AFA (4 to 1), AE formula kit-made additive (8 to 1), and a \"Frankenstein\" mix that has all my unscented pheros mixed with Issey (at @5 to 1).

The remaining two hold APC/AFA (7 to 3) and a Lure/P10 (6 to 1).
I enjoy a great variety of choices, and am able to tailor my phero application to the situation, event, or desired outcome.

Most cologne bottles are tough to open, Issey is among them. I spray a few milliliters out into a glass, then mix and/or bottle it. Realm can easily be opened as I\'ve posted previously. If the sleeve below the push button of the sprayer can be pulled off, you\'ve got it made. If not, use the glass method.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 06:29 PM
Thanks! That was a very informative post. I see the advantage. I just got a silver atomizer from Body Shop. The size was not given, but it looks between 5-10 ml. Seems like 5:1 cologne to concentrate is about the ratio. How many sprays would you use on average?

oscar
11-22-2001, 05:41 PM
truth,

Two sprays usually, three tops, depending on the intensity of the fragrance.

The vial in the Body Shop\'s atomizer holds 5ml to the shoulders of the bottle, but don\'t put much more than 4ml in it. The tube of the sprayer gets wide at the top and displaces at least 1/2ml, so if you fill it too high, the contents will overflow when you screw the sprayer on.

Pheros, like money, or time, can be used wisely or foolishly, but they should NEVER be wasted! images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar