PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Phero Talk Forum

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Bruce,

Let me know if you want me to fix the Phero Talk Forum for you.

I\'m a professional internet software developer. My own forum has 19,500 registered users and I wrote the software it runs on. I had UBB in the past but found it lacking in some features I needed. I wrote a program to convert UBB to my new software, so I understand the file structure on UBB very well.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: FlyBoy ]

Bruce
11-20-2001, 05:51 PM
Hello Flyboy,

I am interested. I think I wrote you a private e-mail about this already, or is this your first time making the offer? Seems like I was discussing the project with someone recently and didn\'t get a final answer.

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 08:18 PM
Bruce,

Yes, I did receive your email and I wrote back and then didn\'t hear anything from you. So I thought I\'d try the forum just in case the emails weren\'t getting through. I have pretty tight spam filters set on my email server so sometimes stuff doesn\'t get through.

You mentioned that the forum pages didn\'t render correctly after someone would post a new message. My guess is there is an unclosed html tag somewhere that is causing the problem. If you want to enable posting and enter a test message I can grab the html and check it to see if I can\'t find the error. We could set up a day and time to do the test.

I can share my ICQ number with you (via private email to you) so we can coordinate. It shouldn\'t take me more then a half hour to figure out the problem.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea actually should fix our problems what to do about the two seperate areas though oh combine them.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Donald,

This forum would be much more active if it were to email you (with a link) whenever someone posted a reply to one of your topics. I find that these email reminders will bring people back to a board to continue discussions when they may otherwise forget to check back to see if anyone responded to them.

I enjoy reading the posts and wish there were more of them!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 03:40 PM
Yeah that\'s a good one! I believe we really need the email with the link in case somebody replies to your post. It\'s gonna make more members come back to the forum because as i\'ve noticed right now, we\'re getting lesser and lesser posts and i sometimes get lazy to check if something new is happening.

Bruce
11-21-2001, 03:52 PM
I am game for an overhaul. Is there room for a hot tub somewhere?

Bruce