PDA

View Full Version : APC's "Distinctive Scent"

oscar
11-20-2001, 03:54 PM
So....
I\'m standing there at work, when all of a sudden, I detect the \"unmistakable\", sweet , delicious scent of APC. Looking around, I see a number of people who may have just passed near me, but none seems a likely phero user.
Keeping my eyes and nostrils peeled, (ouch) I continue on about my business.

I smell it again, and notice that our custodian has just passed.
I chase him down, and ask if he\'s wearing APC. He gives me a look not unlike a DIHL.

\"Androstenone Pheromone Concentrate,.. the pheromone cologne?\", I queried. Well, had I asked in French, or even Latin, the look on his face could have been no more confused.

This is when I realized, that although the fragrance surrounded him, it was not coming from him directly. He was stick-handling down the aisle with one of those large, wheeled, industrial-sized mop buckets, and THIS was the source of the scent.

I leaned over and sniffed the air above the bucket. It smelled for all the world as though someone had dumped about twenty bottles of APC into four or five gallons of water.

He told me that he\'d just cleaned the bathroom using Lysol. I didn\'t buy it, as this stuff didn\'t smell like any Lysol I\'d ever encountered, and I told him so. Taking me to the janitors closet, he invited me to smell the bottle.

It was the size of a bleach bottle, white plastic, and the label read, \"Lysol\" at the top, then below, \"Disinfectant\" also \"Professional\" and below that, \"Heavy Duty Bathroom Cleaner\"

I opened the bottle and sniffed. It WASN\'T the same sweet smell that made the bucket so alluring, but rather that familiar soapy smell that APC puts off in the first ten or fifteen minutes after it\'s applied. I was floored!

Then, realizing that my custodian friend had just mopped the men\'s room with the brackish water in the bucket-mobile, I came to still ANOTHER startling revelation. Not only did this dirty water SMELL like APC, it probably had a similar, if not HIGHER Pheromone content!

So, for those of you who are willing to pay twelve or fourteen bucks to get a bargain on APC from shady internet sites,...
Have I got a DEAL for YOU! images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 04:09 PM
images/icons/shocked.gif

I already had vague misgivings about this stuff anyway. Anyone who knows where deer hunting scents come from will likely know this feeling...

On the bright side, I can get an several year\'s supply of APC for the price of Lysol and a six-pack!

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Scientist ]

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 06:26 PM
ermm....

correct me if im wrong but..
i kinda think that APC smells like Cool Water by Davidoff...not really this \"unmistakable\", sweet , delicious scent\"

oscar
11-21-2001, 05:35 AM
Disclaimer-
I love the fragrance of APC. If the scent had more staying-power, it would be among my favorite phero mixers. I had thought, prior to the incident posted above, that its aroma was unique!

dkny2,

You\'re certainly not wrong, each of us may pick up on different aspects of a scent. I recall trying a sample of Davidoff\'s CW, but I don\'t remember making a correlation with APC. Perhaps that was before I\'d tried APC. Guess I should try it again. Thanks for the tip!

I DO find the scent of APC to be sweet and delicious. The word \"unmistakable\" was intended as sarcasm. images/icons/wink.gif

Scientist,

Could be that this stuff is only available in large bottles, so I\'m not sure you\'ll be able to buy that six-pack AND the gallon of (lhdbc)APC for less than a ten-spot.
Does make me think of the post where someone reported irritation occurring when he applied APC behind his ears! images/icons/crazy.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif