PDA

View Full Version : A Very BAD Hit

Whitehall
11-20-2001, 01:57 PM
I was surprised when my 9 and a half year old daughter just started responding to my pheromones (TE). She is changing rapidly now and has just started showing the first signs of womanhood (i.e. training bra).

She gets giddy and silly, and I can\'t keep her off me! She jumps on my lap and nuzzles and even licks my shirt. There has been plenty of normal kid/parent affection before but this is obviously frenzying her in ways she doesn\'t know how to handle.

This stuff can be dangerous!!! Has anyone else noticed a similar effect? If I can\'t find a way to avoid it, I\'m going to have to stop using pheromones.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 02:49 PM
Yeah,

Glad you brought that up, as it is a power thing. The scary downside is whether it MIGHT be construed as \'sexual abuse\' or \'sexual harassment\'. Try you best, man. I make an effort to not drink much or have the occasional cigarette in front of my kids, and they appreciate it. Maybe finding an alternative one that suits you, but not her might be worth a go? Good luck. (Teenage girls, who knows?? I\'m making it up as I go along ... ) images/icons/crazy.gif

Obviously, it\'s not good for her as 95% of the world\'s fathers would agree. (There always that 2-5% in any society who are bastards; doesn\'t matter if you got abused yourself - doesn\'t make it right!)

Another issue is whether pheromones in the workplace is considered \'harassment\' viz the infamous reverse case of a guy winning his case against women wearing \'too much\' perfume; some of us have to breathe here, too! (I also got told off 5 years ago for wearing jeans, an ear stud and a cut-off top to work at research centre - the female staff took a vote and the boss had to take me aside!!)

It may be only a matter of time before some over-zealous harassment officer throws the book at someone for pheromone OD\'s at work. images/icons/frown.gif

Whitehall
11-20-2001, 03:24 PM
As a clarification, there was nothing overtly sexual, just far too much affectionate excitment caused by the pheromones. I thought it got in the way of normal parental relations and was not something she needed. It was also extremely irritating for me.

Too bad the mother doesn\'t show a touch more of that response!

As to the workplace, pheromones is something that should not be mentioned,discussed, or admitted. Others could see their use as manipulative, as indeed they are. Reactions could be either wider use thereby diluting the advantage we gain or complaints and possible attempts at prohibition, neither of which are in we current users\' interests. What next, random, mandatory urine screenings?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 03:59 PM
Fascinating. I supposed you could try \"deactivating\" by doing a \'none overdose when you get home. Though I don\'t know if turning on that big alpha-male scary thing is such a good idea either.

Wish the \'mones made ADULT women act that way.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 05:54 PM
Whitehall,

Sorry if it sounded like I was hanging on you, man. No offense intended; you said it was a BAD hit, and I sorta figured that there was something overtly or covertly \'sexual\' in it. That said, I really empathise with you.

Daughters are a mystery to me as I said - and peri-pubescent? Wow!! That\'s like some other Universe; what are these girls - aliens??? I have almost zero recall of my own years around there apart from being picked last for football teams, being short and having pimples. Girls, what we they?? (AFTER that, things got MUCH better! images/icons/laugh.gif )

An overly affectionate pet can be just as irritating, and I am so with you re: their mother-thing; flowers and long talks just don\'t cut it anymore. (Let\'s not even talk about house renovations, OK!!) images/icons/crazy.gif

Manipulation in the workplace. Hmmm ... Does make-up, perfumes, \'dress to impress\' consultants, \'Women on Top\' seminars, and positive discrimination also count as manipulation. I think it does.

Maybe a \'lifestyle\' product like pheromones is manipulative in one sense, but perhaps you\'re right. I have big hesitations about announcing to all and sundry that I\'m wearing anything. None of their business anyway - unless I smell really putrid (eg. like most of my female co-workers who reek of 20 cigs/day!).

Interesting comment, Scientist, I find that the adult women do react to pheromones - they just have different ways of showing it, and can often override it in the work environment particularly if they are stressed or over-worked, but hey, who isn\'t?

Good topic, Whitehall; definitely got me thinking! Hang in there! images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
11-20-2001, 07:56 PM
I teach kids and have noticed they seemed more physical when I have been wearing pheromones. I never thought of it as sexual; just everyone (boys and girls) more agressive, jumping on me etc. Keep in mind that these pheros are just bottled versions of something that we are wearing naturally and communicating chemcially with every day anyway. It is not anything unnatural or \"wrong\" in any way. It just turns up the volume a bit. These pheros just tell the world \"I (in general) am a sexual being.\" The context or situation I am involved in at any moment and my own judgement will still determine how I behave and what can be expected of me.
Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 08:48 PM
Now here are soem good arguments and ideas, it as far as sexual harassment in the work place well, they are a natural substance so if you really wanted to push it you would have to stop everyone sweating anyway, which genetic engineering would be the only answer.

It is i am finding a new and interesting angle i think in the end it really does hit the niche right up the middle as nothing can be done, something like AE cannot be detected consciously. So therefore if one keeps quite then no one else should never know unless this thing begins to take off and then god help us all.

Women cant control their behaviour as much as men when it comes to sex, they seem to want to mate the first thing that is phero strong. So as we are not machines and only animals this really does create some sci-fi ideas.

ive brought this up several times i think that in terms of harassment it needs to be on behaviour but then one can punch clear holes in any sexual harassment theroy. It is covered up a lot of the time and it seems to favour women, the great idea of prejudice with a fair mask. Keep it coming guys bruce has the right idea actually its natural so it is just there, we need to keep this quite shhhhhhh everyone he he.

Whitehall
11-21-2001, 07:50 AM
Dr. Mycroft,

No offense taken; I did realize upon reading your response that I had to better describe the situation as my first posting had difficulty conveying the exact situation, even to my own mind.

Bruce,

Thanks for the reassuance about kids\' responses; I see better now that my daughter was reacting with physical exuberance. We\'ve always been active together - lot\'s of gymnastics, for example, but this was definitely overstimulation.

All,

Having spent far too much time in the corporate world, I can tell you that what most big corporations really see as an ideal male employees is a eunuch - few benefits, no fuss, obedient, no challenges - and they\'d leave the females to the top dogs. I think we can presume that eunuchs have a low pheromone profile.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 02:56 PM
I\'ve had similar experiences with my kids. My son tends to get pretty hyper as soon as he sees me and likes to jump on me.... some of that is due to the fact that I only see them once a week and every second weekend. My 4 year old daughter gets very cuddly and I\'ve noticed her rub her cheek against my arm when I have \'mones on and then just curl right up into my lap with her head on my forearm..... As an aside, whenever she smells my arm when \'mones are on she says I smell like peppermint??!! Given that I usually apply Attraction or AE I\'m surprised by the mistaken scent.
I can say that both of my kids react very well to APC... they both love the scent and curl up to me whenever I wear it.
Cuddly kids are worth more than anything, but I\'m still waiting for some cuddly women....
On the upside, a woman who has been hitting on me long before I started using has commented many times how much she loves my \'smell\' and even offers me rides home because she likes that her car smells like me, even the next morning! images/icons/laugh.gif

oscar
11-21-2001, 04:07 PM
Yoda,

I can\'t detect it in AE, but when I smell the A-Rone in the phero kit I definitely smell mint and camphor. Maybe the A-Rone in the AE is where your daughter is picking up the peppermint scent. I\'m guessing that this is more likely than her simply imagining it.
But I\'ll be damned if I can smell it!

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Whitehall. I was pretty sure you were doing the right Dad-thing anyway (Whatever THAT is with a teenager! images/icons/crazy.gif ).

I\'m not sure about the Dr. bit though - I\'m happy with just \'mycroft\', otherwise ... um ... I dunno, just looks weird ... (That a good enuf reason?) images/icons/smile.gif

To Oscar, I\'m covered in my stuff today and I agree with you and the Jedi dwarf, (\"You will be aroused. ... You will be.\"), there is a peppermint tone all the way through. Not spearmint, definitely peppermint. I\'ve been trying to figure it out for days now, and you\'ve got it in one.

Sort of musky too, like the minty/musky smell you get in sub-temperate, ferny rainforests in Autumn or Spring. Anybody been to Southern Australia or New Zealand will know it.

Although Kiwis will say it is sort of a \'pippirmunt end moski smill\'; ho, ho, ho!

(Antipodes joke! Yanks laugh at Canucks & vice versa, Poms and Scots laugh at each other, and we Aussies just hang it on the \'shiip fermirs\'. images/icons/tongue.gif)

Incidentally, fougere is french for \'fern\' I believe, which pretty well sums up the jungle-funk smell of the forest at the back of Bells Beach, and like me today.

oscar
11-21-2001, 05:28 PM
mycroft,

Regarding the aroma of the A-Rone, actually, my initial interpretation was neither peppermint nor spearmint, but was in fact URINAL MINT! I suppose it was the camphor scent that caused me to make that connection.

What was it that you were wearing?

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 06:02 PM
Um ... ok?

Urinal mint?? Can\'t say I\'ve smelt that one in my travels. Do you mean those little yellow, candy-looking things that sit in urinal bowl/trench? images/icons/crazy.gif

Hold one up to the screen and I\'ll see if I can tell you. images/icons/smile.gif LOL

(Takes deep breath ... smells arm and shirt ... )

I still think it\'s sort of a mix of mint tea, mild eucalypt and mountain river mud/moss on me. Do you have Listerine? (Der, oh course, you do!!) Well, sort of like that, only without the heavy-duty alcohol smell and more ... um ... spicy and musky, I guess ... make any sense?

There was a thread the day before about someone smelling the cleaner\'s bucket of disinfectant, saying it was like APC (I think, can\'t find the exact reply) and then going to the loos and smelling it there.

Oh ... and it\'s Xcite! wipes, BTW. (I REALLY like the smell and you can stick \'em in your shirt pocket afterwards like a tissue for discreteness and for extra linger). images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-22-2001, 11:46 PM
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hey im an aussie but kiwis are cool anyway, great people to get along with. Dont get us aussies started though or otherwise we may end up with all sorts of kangaroo vs sheep jokes around which no american will understand. lol