PDA

View Full Version : Pheros are great

gmcarroll33
01-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I received my

order of Pheros about 2 weeks ago, and just the past 2 days have finally started using it. I've gotta say this is

some of the best smelling stuff once it gets on your skin. The girls also love it. Today in class I was just

sitting there and the three hottest girls in the class all surrounded me. One on each side and the other one behind

me. The two on each side both twirled their hair nonstop too. I've never really had Pheromones getting girls to

twirl their hair as much as the Pheros had them doing today. All said, I love Pheros and recommend it to anybody

thinking about it.

Gegogi
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Some guys are into feet, some

legs, others ass, but hair twirling is a new one for me! I catch major wood when women lick their lips and stretch

in such a way to reveal a flat tummy.

gmcarroll33
01-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I wasn't saying hair

twirling was something that excites me, just saying I thought it was interesting how crazy the girls started getting

about twirling their hair when they got near me with Pheros on.

DrSmellThis
01-26-2005, 06:20 PM
So does the gm stand for

"grandmaster"? :)

Gegogi
01-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Sorry GM, I was just hankin'

your chain, although you did seem rather excited. Oddly, I often see groups of teenage girls walking around malls

twirling their hair. Even without any guys around they do it. I figured it was a nervous habit specific to young

women. Many of them twirl for awhile, smell their hair and twirl some more. The smelling thing is really odd.

MOBLEYC57
01-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I received my

order of Pheros about 2 weeks ago, and just the past 2 days have finally started using it. I've gotta say this is

some of the best smelling stuff once it gets on your skin. The girls also love it. Today in class I was just sitting

there and the three hottest girls in the class all surrounded me. One on each side and the other one behind me. The

two on each side both twirled their hair nonstop too. I've never really had Pheromones getting girls to twirl their

hair as much as the Pheros had them doing today. All said, I love Pheros and recommend it to anybody thinking about

it.How much and how did you apply your Pheros, GMC? :blink:

Thanks!

Friendly1
01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Hair twirling doesn't always

mean the girl is interested in a guy. But given that the three girls sat right next (or behind) him AND twirled

their hair, that is a probable triple hit.

daz
01-27-2005, 03:41 AM
when you start wearing pheros, i

think you start paying more attention to whats happening around you, were they twirling there hair more often, or

were you paying more attention.

gmcarroll33
01-27-2005, 11:06 AM
First off I was using 3 dabs

of Pheros. 2 dabs on the neck and 1 on the wrist. The hair twirling thing caught my attention so much because I

just noticed how excessive it seemed that all three of them were twirling their hair. It was kind of like one would

sit down and then about 2-3 minutes later they would start playing with their hair and twirling it almost nonstop

for a while. I didn't think much about the first one doing it. But after the 2nd and 3rd did the exact same thing

I had to believe it was the Pheros. Thanks for Pheros DrSmellThis. One of the best smelling products I've used.

By the way Gm is just my initials. NOt grand master.

DrSmellThis
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
You're very welcome. I'm

glad your initial experiences have been promising with it.

Were you combining it with other pheromones?

Marlboro_man
01-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I won Pheros in the auction

that I started and am very excited about trying it.

gfunk
01-27-2005, 02:14 PM
gmcarroll33 (member.php?u=1216), which product did you use?

Marlboro_man
01-27-2005, 02:23 PM
gmcarroll33 (http://member.php/?u=1216), which product did you use?He was using

Pheros, he already wrote that but in case you saw that and still didn't understand, Pheros is a product sold on

love scent that from what I understand has no pheremones but rather a cover scent that contains a 100 essential oils

and aphrodisiacs.

DrSmellThis
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
There are pheromones in

Pheros; just not a lot of any single synthetic like -none, -rone, or nol. The pherolibrary has a link about

Pheros from the forum in which I talk about the pheromones in Pheros at length.

Marlboro_man
01-27-2005, 02:31 PM
There

are pheromones in Pheros; just not a lot of any single synthetic like -none, -rone, or nol. The pherolibrary

has a link about Pheros from the forum in which I talk about the pheromones in Pheros at

length.Sorry Doc, I had read that but mistated what you had written. Thank you for correcting me.

DrSmellThis
01-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Here. The link I referred to

is the first at the bottom of the page:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/ph

eros.htm (http://www.pherolibrary.com/guide/productguide/pheros.htm)

CptKipling did a great job putting together the page and links! Thanks!

Incidentally, Kip

might want to know that when you click on the word Pheros there you get the Chikara page.

CptKipling
01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Doc,

Thanks for pointing

that out. It seems that it's actually a problem on the Love-Scent store page, the product number is actually

correct.

DrSmellThis
01-28-2005, 02:43 PM

Surreal
01-28-2005, 03:05 PM
one spray chikara and 2 dabs

PHEROS..... is this an OD?

MOBLEYC57
01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Doesn't sound like it, to me,

Sur. :think:

What are the possibilities of an OD being the sensitivity to mones on the tartget's snotter

(nose)? :blink:

Don't know if that's worded right. OD only happens when the target's nose is highly sensitive

to mones, maybe? :blink:

Friendly1
01-28-2005, 09:24 PM
No, OD happens when you

use/wear too much. Pheromones are not detected through your sense of smell. They are detected through one or more

extra senses (extra meaning senses other than sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste).

MOBLEYC57
01-28-2005, 09:42 PM
No, OD happens

when you use/wear too much. Pheromones are not detected through your sense of smell. They are detected through one

or more extra senses (extra meaning senses other than sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste).
I can't

give you the technical terms, but something (extra senses) picks up something (mones), and everyone's extra senses

(something) doesn't pick up on ODs/mones, yes? :think:

The same'ole questions, the same'ole answers, and

still .... no mastery of the beast.:whip:

The search for the answers continues ... here at Love Scent. :box:

Friendly1
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I can't give

you the technical terms, but something (extra senses) picks up something (mones), and everyone's extra senses

(something) doesn't pick up on ODs/mones, yes? :think:

The same'ole questions, the same'ole answers, and

still .... no mastery of the beast.:whip:

The search for the answers continues ... here at Love Scent.

:box:
James Kohl just posted on this a couple of days ago:

"The VNO is not required for pheromones to

elicit a hormone response."

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.ph

p?t=12995&highlight=kohl (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12995&highlight=kohl)

Earlier this month, bjf cited an article which -- in very rough layman's terms

-- supports the contention that the VNO does not have to be involved in a reaction to pheromone.

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread

.php?t=12930&highlight=steroid (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12930&highlight=steroid)

So, the Vomeronasal organ is located in your nose. It is used by other

species to detect pheromones (thousands of them in some species). Much debate has raged about the functionality of

the human Vomeronasal organ since 1969 (when the first study to prove that human pheromones do function was

published).

James Kohl and other researchers have published articles which argue that human pheromone production

and reactivity exceed previous interpretations of early data.

So, our sixth sense would be our vomeronasal

sense, but our SEVENTH sense would be our basic chemical reaction(s) to pheromones (I don't know if there is any

special name for the process).

That is about as well as I believe I can explain it.

gfunk
01-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Aha, Yes I fgured that It might

have beenthe name of a product...

Has anyone documented a realOD that could be detected by sight, hearing

:LOL:

MOBLEYC57
01-29-2005, 07:15 AM
James Kohl just

posted on this a couple of days ago:

"The VNO is not required for pheromones to elicit a hormone response."

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.ph

p?t=12995&highlight=kohl (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12995&highlight=kohl)

Earlier this month, bjf cited an article which -- in very rough layman's terms

-- supports the contention that the VNO does not have to be involved in a reaction to pheromone.

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread

.php?t=12930&highlight=steroid (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12930&highlight=steroid)

So, the Vomeronasal organ is located in your nose. It is used by other

species to detect pheromones (thousands of them in some species). Much debate has raged about the functionality of

the human Vomeronasal organ since 1969 (when the first study to prove that human pheromones do function was

published).

James Kohl and other researchers have published articles which argue that human pheromone production

and reactivity exceed previous interpretations of early data.

So, our sixth sense would be our vomeronasal

sense, but our SEVENTH sense would be our basic chemical reaction(s) to pheromones (I don't know if there is any

special name for the process).

That is about as well as I believe I can explain it.
Expalin it well,

you did!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

DrSmellThis
01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
It is good to keep in mind

that pheromones can and are detected via smell, which is a chemical sense. "Olfaction" is the process of the sense

of smell, and encompasses unconscious effects too. Smells are more or less consciously perceived. A conscious smell

contributes to a pheromone's effect, such as the musky smells pheromones have. Consciously perceived smells

activate many areas of the brain.

Friendly1
01-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Reactions to odors tend to be

conditioned responses. Every once in a while a fragrance wafts me away to lala land. There had to be a first time

which wasn't a conditioned response, but most of them ARE conditioned responses.

So, yes, some of us can smell

pheromones, but pheromones are not designed (by nature) to use the olfactory system as the primary path.

DrSmellThis
01-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Indeed, there is often an

associative element to our reactions to smells, often from a memory of a single moment in time (Whether such single

exposure association represents conditioning proper is debatable and could depend on the situation).

I think I

understand your point, but you might want to think about the distinction between conscious and unconscious

olfaction. It's all considered olfaction, from my information.

The only compelling alternative to standard

olfaction for pheromone activity is accessory olfaction -- the VNO. Accessory olfaction, however, is not the only

kind of unconscious olfaction, if it even is entirely unconscious (There is so much we don't know, after all -- see

link I provide below for an exploration of this heretical idea).

That is not to say that there are not different

reactions or responses caused by different olfactory input -- responses that have correspondingly different

pathways.

But there is no reason to assume that nature (or natural selection) designed human olfaction

(conscious and unconscious) to react biologically only to the subset of nature consisting of other people. Our

species, like any other, depends on it's relationship with all of nature to survive, not just other people. We find

rotting odors of many kinds offensive because it helps us avoid disease, for example, rather than because we might

have had some number of bad experiences with them.

I don't buy the idea that aromatherapy is all about

conditioned responses. For an aromatheapist, that would be akin to someone saying pain relief from aspirin is a

conditioned response, denying its inherent properties.

For example, valerian and lavender are neurologically

relaxing pretty much regardless of one's conditioning. Similarly, spices are neurologically arousing because of

inherent excitatory properties.

Perhaps it's just all about semantics. :)

Friendly1
01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, a quick check of somewhat

reliable Web sources provides mixed terminology. The vomeronasal system is described as an "accessory olfactory

system", as "a separate olfactory system", and as "outside of the olfactory system".

It's not something I feel

compelled to argue about.

And I don't know much about aromatherapy, except that it was the butt of a joke in a

car rental company's commercial.

tounge
01-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Good point, Smell This. Keep in

mind that when people lose their sense of smell, they often lose their sexual desires.

DrSmellThis
01-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Well, a quick

check of somewhat reliable Web sources provides mixed terminology. The vomeronasal system is described as an

"accessory olfactory system", as "a separate olfactory system", and as "outside of the olfactory system".

It's

not something I feel compelled to argue about.

And I don't know much about aromatherapy, except that it was the

butt of a joke in a car rental company's commercial.I personally would be fine with people calling VNO

reception a different sense; if they would just be consistent. It wouldn't change anything in my understanding, so

I share your disinterest in debating that.

You are correct that the terminology has been rather confused in the

literature. So here is the thread in which I attempted to remedy that by presenting my classification scheme for

relevant types of olfaction in detail (as well as a good deal of other theoretical material on olfaction and human

behavior). To my knowledge this indeed hadn't been done; so I was hoping to help prevent unnecessary

misunderstandings and debates; by defining all those terms to fit in with the state of knowledge on it all. It

should clarify where I am coming from.

http://love-scent.com/fo

rum/showthread.php?t=10963&highlight=olfaction+unconscious (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10963&highlight=olfaction+unconscious) (see posts #12, 14 and 15)

Marlboro_man
01-30-2005, 01:26 AM
I recieved my Pheros today

and my first reaction when smellin the bottle was that I wasted my money, but I chose to try it out anyways. Well

after a few minutes of wearing it I found myself taking deep breaths to get a whiff of it. It smells great once it

interacts with your body and I polled 10 women today to smell it and all of them either liked it or loved it.

THanks DOC!

Friendly1
01-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Well, your classification

system is a little too complex for me. Nonetheless, I think it is more productive to speak in terms of detecting

pheromones outside of the standard olfactory sense without dwelling on the interconnections (both obvious and

unclear).

DrSmellThis
01-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Olfaction is as complex as it

is without my help. We can't wave a magic wand to make it simple, unfortunately. So I was organizing the complexity

to help people understand the bigger picture.

Speaking as if "all pheromones are detected and processed outside

olfaction" could happen in the field only with the most "die hard Erox person", since they want to define pheromones

as anything that triggers the VNO (their patented chemicals), and nothing else. Even then, research indicates the

VNO is not required for pheromones to work. Again, that leaves olfaction.

Friendly1
01-30-2005, 05:53 PM
No, I wouldn't say it leaves

olfaction. It leaves olfaction and any other process that may be involved.

DrSmellThis
01-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Like what? What sense(s)?

Friendly1
01-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Like what?

What sense(s)?
We don't yet know enough to say we have mapped the entire pheromonal process.