PDA

View Full Version : Basic profile information

Marlboro_man
01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I think

it would be nice to see a person's height, weight, sex, age, etc... with their name and rep points on each post.

This is important to know for trying to figure out what products may be best for someone. A lot of threads people

introduce themselves with this info but it's not possible to remember that the next time you see their name. Of

course this info could be voluntary, but I would definitely benefit from something like that. It could even be

extended to the point of basic personaility traits or sexual orientation. Just my 2 cents worth.

Surreal
01-20-2005, 01:43 PM
great idea, I would give out my

bio.

Marlboro_man
01-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Isn't there anyone else

out there who thinks this would be important?

MOBLEYC57
01-28-2005, 02:58 PM
For those that are able to speak

the truth, I think height, weight, sex, age would be a good thing, but you know how some are when it comes to

giving out their age? :think: :lol::think:

Marlboro_man
01-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Mobley, I know your stand

and sensitivity to race, do you see any down side to adding that as well?

Bruce
01-29-2005, 02:16 AM
MB Man,

There was a MAJOR

push a while back to get everyone to put personal info like that into the bio area of their account, and anyone

making a public plea for help with pheromones is usually asked right off the bat for that info from the pros. So,

certainly you are not alone. Those in the know around the forum, generally won't start giving advice without

knowing a few basic facts.

I think it is possible for me to add whatever items I want to the personal info

that is displayed with each post, but it is only going to be helpful to the extent that forum members fill in those

items when they register (or are willling to add later on). We could give it a shot if enough folks are

interested.

Bruce

MOBLEYC57
01-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Mobley, I

know your stand and sensitivity to race, do you see any down side to adding that as well?
I'm not

sensitive to race, MM ... meaning, to see it, to hear it, doesn't anger me, it hurts me, if that makes sense.

:think:

To answer your question ... if everyone grabs ahold, race and nationality should be added. I often

weigh things on age/race, even though there have been discussions that says it doesn't/does matter. :sick:

Marlboro_man
01-29-2005, 11:41 AM
MB Man,

There was a MAJOR push a while back to get everyone to put personal info like that into the bio area of their

account, and anyone making a public plea for help with pheromones is usually asked right off the bat for that info

from the pros. So, certainly you are not alone. Those in the know around the forum, generally won't start giving

advice without knowing a few basic facts.

I think it is possible for me to add whatever items I want to the

personal info that is displayed with each post, but it is only going to be helpful to the extent that forum members

fill in those items when they register (or are willling to add later on). We could give it a shot if enough folks

are interested.

BruceThanks for the reply. How do I go about finding if enough other people are

interested? As we all know no where as many people check out the forums as they do the phermone discussion board.

Marlboro_man
01-29-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm not

sensitive to race, MM ... meaning, to see it, to hear it, doesn't anger me, it hurts me, if that makes sense.

:think:

I am sorry, sensitive was not the word I meant.

To answer your question ... if everyone grabs

ahold, race and nationality should be added. I often weigh things on age/race, even though there have been

discussions that says it doesn't/does matter. :sick:I think it would matter too!

culturalblonde
01-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks

for the reply. How do I go about finding if enough other people are interested? As we all know no where as many

people check out the forums as they do the phermone discussion board.

Maybe a poll???

Marlboro_man
01-30-2005, 01:22 AM
What forum should I place

the poll in? Hey Mod's, would this be acceptable in the pheremone discussion forum?

belgareth
01-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Your purpose is to help people

to use mones effectively, right? That would qualify under the science of attraction in my eyes. Go ahead and put it

in Pheromone discussion.

Marlboro_man
01-30-2005, 12:31 PM
That is definitely the

purpose of this and I wouldn't be suprised at all if we stumble across something if we do it long enough. Thanks

for the go ahead, I just finished submitting the poll.

Marlboro_man
02-08-2005, 01:22 PM
MB Man,

There was a MAJOR push a while back to get everyone to put personal info like that into the bio area of their

account, and anyone making a public plea for help with pheromones is usually asked right off the bat for that info

from the pros. So, certainly you are not alone. Those in the know around the forum, generally won't start giving

advice without knowing a few basic facts.

I think it is possible for me to add whatever items I want to the

personal info that is displayed with each post, but it is only going to be helpful to the extent that forum members

fill in those items when they register (or are willling to add later on). We could give it a shot if enough folks

are interested.

BruceHere's a link to check the results of the poll to date. So far it's at an 85%

approval

rate.
http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.

php?p=153136#post153136 (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153136#post153136)