PDA

View Full Version : EW melts rubber (& hopefully not skin)...

Gegogi
01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I bought a vial of EW last July, didn't use it too much, and pulled it out of the love cabinet for a

little inventory. Great scott the rubber bulb on the dropper had turned to a gooey mess and adhered to the lid! I

transferred the contents to another bottle and all was well.

Just a heads up for you loverboys: EW is rather

acid and you'll want to keep it off your raincoat when involved in an amorous episode. :nono:

InternationalPlayboy
01-20-2005, 07:31 AM
I

bought a vial of EW last July, didn't use it too much, and pulled it out of the love cabinet for a little

inventory. Great scott the rubber bulb on the dropper had turned to a gooey mess and adhered to the lid! I

transferred the contents to another bottle and all was well.

I've had that problem with certain

essential oils that I mix in jojoba oil. I've gone through so many droppers with one blend I've started to just

use a regular cap on the bottle and keep the dropper separately. The blend I have the most problems with contains

Ylang-ylang, Palmarosa, Lavender, and Rose Geranium.

I was keeping separate droppers for each essential oil

I have and would attach them to their respective bottle with rubber bands. The next time I would pull out the

bottles I'd usually find that the rubber bands had deterorated too.

CptKipling
01-20-2005, 09:24 AM
We did talk about it being

toxic waste ;)

iirc most (at least a few) of the compounds were acids.

CollegeStudent
01-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Reading ingredients on

side of bottle: Propionic Acid, Isobutyric Acid, Butyric Acid, Valeric Acid, Acetic Acid, ..., Isovaleric Acid,

Hexanoic Acid... Would you like some hot sauce with that?

DrSmellThis
01-21-2005, 04:35 PM
...more like fish sauce.

dolly
02-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I had the exact same experience

with one of my EW bottles. Now, when I get a fresh supply, I put it in a plain glass bottle with a regular lid. I

buy the disposable pipettes to use for measuring and mixing. They're very inexpensive, and no messy cleanup.