PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Read (PLEASE)

ManBeast
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
This is a

message I got off of a Drummer's board I read.

---begin---
This is to alert you to an issue with deeply

troubling implications for our national schools. Panzerfaust, a white power music company based in Minnesota, plans

to target youth through the distribution of 100,000 racist and anti-Semitic CDs to schools and other locations

throughout the United States.

Volunteers including students from white supremacist groups are expected to

help distribute the CD, with the main focus on reaching kids between the ages of 13 and 19. Panzerfaust hopes to use

the hard-driving music to recruit youth to its racist and anti-Semitic ideology, and plans to make the CD readily

available on its Web site for just 15 cents, so that white supremacist groups can easily purchase large quantities

to hand out to kids.

In hopes of disguising the content of the CD, Panzerfaust points out that it has been

designed "to be inconspicuous and not overtly racial so that it will be able to fly below the radar screen of

teachers and other people"

Panzerfaust sells thousands of CDs of white power music bands from the U.S. and

abroad. The company is largely run by ex-members of the neo-Nazi group, National Alliance. Racist and anti-Semitic

rock music is now a major recruitment tool and source of funding for hate groups, with annual sales bringing in

millions of dollars to the hate movement. Recent FBI statistics underline the susceptibility of youth to hate: 33%

of all known hate crime offenders are under 18; 29% of all hate crime offenders are 18-24; and more than 10% of hate

crime incidents reported occurred at schools and colleges.

The Plea For Peace foundation would like to

encourage people to post this information in their surrounding circles to make those aware that this insanity still

exhists and flourishes to a large degree. So again, Please do not hesitate to share this bulletin with your

colleagues and family. The following link is the web site for this horrible source of hate.

http://www.panzerfaust.com

Stand together and remember the idea of peace through music. Be

young, Have Fun, Smash Racism!!

---end---

I can't tolerate racism in any shape or form personally,

and to see these people intentionally targeting young children... They have a slogan on their site "Panzerfaust: We

don't just entertain racist kids... We create them." This just totally disgusts me, and I'm going to do everything

I can to stop these people, They can make their hate and spew ignorance, but pushing this stuff on kids is just as

bad if not worse than all the other crap kids are having to deal with today already.

MB

bjf
01-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree, that is terrible

DrSmellThis
01-17-2005, 02:28 PM
...took a look at their forum

-- damn scary stuff. It would be interesting to know how these people justify their hate and violence to

themselves.

culturalblonde
01-17-2005, 05:13 PM
ask some of

the younger generation about the Holocaust.

"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was

legal."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

lordcrazyd
01-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Whose in charge of there

message board, this has to be in some way illegal...

belgareth
01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
I took a moment to listen to

the recorded phone call to the school principle who was confiscating the CDs. The Panzerfaust guy sounded like an

idiot who gets his way through bullying others. When the principle wasn't intimidated by empty legal threats he got

verbally abusive which didn't seem to bother the principle either. I'm pretty sure the principle knew how empty

the threats were.

I hope most principles have sense enough to confiscate and destroy that trash before many kids

get to it. The principles where my kids attend school will certainly know about it tomorrow.

Surreal
01-18-2005, 06:32 AM
only if they knew what moronic

idiots they are being.

LUzErZ!!!!!!!

Holmes
01-18-2005, 08:39 AM
More proof of just how far we

humans have come.

MOBLEYC57
01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
I never undestood how a PARENT,

saying they love their kids, would even want to pass a seed of hatred on to their kids, giving them that extra chip

to carry around on their shoulder during their life time. You would think that making a living, raising a family,

and trying to keep up with the Joneses, is more than enough worry/problems. Why add RACISIM to that list? :think:

IGNORANCE is purely a desease. Bad seeds are often planted by ignorant parents, and not all of the bad seeds

sprout and grow.

Even though there are still lots of parents/people that believe in planting that ignorant

seed........

We're further today than we were yesterday.:blink:

tim929
01-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Saddly...there is no law against

this sort of crap.
Understanding the cause of these sorts of attitudes unfortunatly doesnt realy do a whole lot to

put an end to them.But I would be willing to bet that it's simmilar to what one sees in hard core right wing

christianity..."I have flaws,therfore I will hate someone else to make myself feel better.Then I dont have to feel

bad about myself."

Marlboro_man
01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Although I srongly disagree

with this groups and their values I still don't think there should be a law against this because it would be too

much a blow against free speech. I know from my own expierience that (I am a white male 29) that people my age and

younger are much less racist than our parents generation. I personally choose not to be around anyone who uses the

N word. I still think there is hope and by the time I am a grand parent I would venture to say this would be pretty

much a dead topic or at least I would hope so.

Saddly...there is no law against this sort of

crap.
Understanding the cause of these sorts of attitudes unfortunatly doesnt realy do a whole lot to put an end to

them.But I would be willing to bet that it's simmilar to what one sees in hard core right wing christianity..."I

have flaws,therfore I will hate someone else to make myself feel better.Then I dont have to feel bad about

myself."

MOBLEYC57
01-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Although I

srongly disagree with this groups and their values I still don't think there should be a law against this because

it would be too much a blow against free speech. I know from my own expierience that (I am a white male 29) that

people my age and younger are much less racist than our parents generation. I personally choose not to be around

anyone who uses the N word. I still think there is hope and by the time I am a grand parent I would venture to say

this would be pretty much a dead topic or at least I would hope so.
As long as the world turns, it will

exist. There's always going to be someone that believes in passing that seed ... some will make it ... some won't.

I'm in an area where the young one's are making an effort, from what I see and have seen. The N word as many put

it, is used by racist when it comes to skin color, by those with brown skin when relating to friends and brown

sking, but in Mobley's world it's just an Ignorant person, and they can be black, white, red, or even pink. My

last relationship was interracial, and I broke it off after understanding that she will never change, at least not

for me. Her last words to me was (and she was divorced), "my husband was right, you are a N!" She thought that would

hurt my feelings, but what she didn't realize is that she was more of one that I will ever be, no matter how hard

she tried to give me that stamp. She didn't know it, but the only thing that hurt me was finding out I was right

... she was with me to get at him. But still, I thank her, because she's the one that taught me how to not take

things personal, and move on. I hope she's well, doing fine, and happy, as I'm sure she is. People are they way

they chose to be, and there's no exception to that. In a life that's so full of ugliness, it still moves on, and I

for one, am blessed to be able to spot the goodness and beauty that ugliness sometimes hides.

I often wish that

I'd live to see the day when this touchy subject would disappear. I often wish that I could meet everybody on this

earth, and it isn't fair that I won't. I wish I could find someone strong enough to fight for a relationship so

there'd be TWO fighting. I wish that no one would be poor, and no disease was uncurable. I'm still here wishing,

and I'll continue to wish until I'm dead.

Marlboro_man
01-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Mobley would you agree that

it is at least getting better than it was when you were a child? Also I would like to say that your attitude is

exceptional and you realize that when these people who are being like that don't get a rise out of you they will

just go away. After all I believe this is a way for these people to get attention or at least for most of them,

others may just be psychotic.

DrSmellThis
01-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Touching post, Mobes.

MOBLEYC57
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Mobley would

you agree that it is at least getting better than it was when you were a child? Also I would like to say that your

attitude is exceptional and you realize that when these people who are being like that don't get a rise out of you

they will just go away. After all I believe this is a way for these people to get attention or at least for most of

them, others may just be psychotic.
Oh yeah! I definitely agree! :thumbsup:

As a child, it was normal

for me to be walking down the street and hear ignorance pouring out of the window of a moving car. It's come a

loooooooooooong ways, but still such a looooooooooooooooooooonger way to go. Miracles, in some areas, can take

decades, but yet, still be a miracle! :thumbsup:

They're not all psychotic ... lost, would be my say, 'cause

no one's born a bigot. :blink:

And not wanting to ruffle any feathers, this is my last statement on this

touchy subject.:run:

Life is touching, eh, Doc? Thanks!

culturalblonde
01-24-2005, 06:17 PM
I doubt

that the subject will go away. There's always going to be certain economic classes, races, cultures, etc. that

get "dumped on." This forum is no different. I read the jokes about "dumb bondes" "mentally challenged" and

"women" to name a few. Go to the humor section and you will read a lot of sterotyping and sexism all in the name of

fun and humor. But I can look beyond that and thank God I live in a country that allows freedom of speech.

ManBeast
01-25-2005, 01:04 AM
There is a line (a very fine

one I'll admit) between humor and hatred though...

MB