PDA

View Full Version : How to pick up women in a college library

CollegeStudent
01-16-2005, 04:13 PM
OK. I need some expert advice here. What is the best way to approach this? I know there are some

guys in here that can do this in their sleep. :)

Marlboro_man
01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
First you wil need to

establish good eye contact. After that it depends on circumstances. Try to see what they are studying and

hopefully you can add some insightful about the topic or the professor who is teaching it (beginning of semester).

If you see them looking for books look in the same area to show you are interested in the same subject. Keep the

contact brief, get their info, and go do your own studying.

Gegogi
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
When I was a student I worked in

the graduate library at UW. Nearly daily we got complaints from women some guy was bothering them, following them

around and hitting on them. We actually had to bring in campus security a few times! The student center or campus

coffee house is probably a better place to troll for nookie.

belgareth
01-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Gegogi is right, IMO. You see

it pretty often, some guy hitting on a girl trying to study and her getting pissed instead of being receptive.

Can't really blame her. I have met a few women in the school library but it was by coincidence rather than intent.

A situation where the only available seat is next to or across from me and you greet her then go back to your work.

If she's interested, she'll let you know.

Marlboro_man
01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Both of Gegogi and

Belgareth's points go back to my point of MAKE IT BRIEF that I previously posted for ya college student.

Friendly1
01-16-2005, 10:05 PM
In my experience, the best way

to meet someone in the library was to sit myself at an open table and leave space for someone else to join me. If a

guy sat down, and there was another open table, I would move. Eventually, a girl would ask if she could join me. I

then had a brief opportunity to get to know a little about her. From that point forward, if I saw her again on

campus, I would say "Hi".

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done things a little differently. I

probably wouldn't have tried to talk to them so quickly. Patience gives you time to remind yourself that you have

options. It also makes you seem more mysterious.

Tiger4
01-16-2005, 11:35 PM
OK. I need some expert advice here. What is the best way to approach this? I know there are

some guys in here that can do this in their sleep. :)
College and University libraries are about the worst

places to meet women. Grocery stores, department stores and even malls are much better places. The produce section

in grocery stores is a particularly good place. You can ask them about a particular fruit or vegetable they are

buying and strike up a conversation about it. Then maybe ask her out to lunch or to grab coffee.

Public

libraries on the other hand are pretty good places to meet women. If you see a single woman browsing the shelves,

you can carefully introduce yourself. If you're not interested in what they are reading, don't pretend to be. If

you hit it off well and are able to strike up a good conversation you can ask her to grab something to eat or go to

the coffee shop.

CptKipling
01-17-2005, 08:56 AM
OK. I

need some expert advice here. What is the best way to approach this? I know there are some guys in here that can do

this in their sleep. :)
Folloe Friendly's advice.

If anything, ask her advice about something

(preferably something relevant like about the subject she is working on); people generally respond well to that. You

could even try helping her out in return, and then you've got yourself a "study" partner ;)

sito
01-20-2005, 08:26 AM
A Library is not the best place to

bag a broad. If your doing it because you want a sophisticated broad with brains, chances are she isn't going to

respond very well to someones game if they are focused on hittin the books. Dining halls, coffee shops, and Student

Centers are the best place. I personally have great success in a regular class setting.

One thing that works

the best for me is to act like I don't need a broad or act like I'm not attracted to a certain broad. I use this

in the clubs, at lunch, even in class and it makes them look at you more and they become more intrigued by your

attitude.

A lot of broads tend to be attracted to the guy who shows little or no attraction to them or

anyone else; it makes them feel like they have a chance to catch your eye and get you before some other broad does.

Its hard to explain but believe it works. And this is without throwing Pheromones. This may or may not work for you

but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it failed.

To sum things up: Know when to hunt and when not to

hunt.

TRock
01-20-2005, 09:21 AM
i play a fools mate's game in the

library. i walk throughout the library and look for girls looking at me. if i see one i maintain eye contact and

come up and use the opener "i see you looking at me, you could atleast talk to me". after that i either get blown

out or i keep vibing with the girl. make it quick get the number and go. i actually never call library girls back

because they're not the type of girls i'm into so i'm not sure how many flakes you will get. i do it mainly for

sport and to feed my enormous ego.

don't worry about disturbing anybody because you are the prize, she is lucky

you decided to talk to her because she was too scared to talk to you. keep that mind frame and you'll be good.

Friendly1
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I really don't understand what

it is with guys and scoring phone numbers. A friend of mine asked me one night why I don't ask for phone numbers.

I said, "What would I do with them? If I want to do something with a girl, I set it up. She is either in or

out."

Some girls can't wait to give you their phone numbers, but if you call them, all they want to do is talk.

Like, I talk face-to-face, not phone-to-phone.

Generally not a good idea to refer to girls as "broads". That

shows disrespect and they don't appreciate. But, yes, they find a guy more challenging and interesting if he

doesn't seem blown away by them right away.

sito
01-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Generally not a

good idea to refer to girls as "broads". That shows disrespect and they don't appreciate. But, yes, they find a

guy more challenging and interesting if he doesn't seem blown away by them right away.

Haha, I

don't call them that in their face. Its just slang from back home that we used amongst the fellas. Of course its

disrespectful.

Friendly1
01-20-2005, 11:54 PM
I meant that it is a sign to me

(and others) that you don't really respect them. And if you don't really respect them when they are not around,

how sincere do you feel you will seem when you are with them? Live the attitude and you don't have to fake it.

Some guys, of course, are very good at faking it. We've all known jerks who have scored with girls, trampled their

feelings, and moved on. I'm not saying you are like that, but it does leave me with the impresssion that your

attitude could use a little seasoning.

Women of all ages appreciate respect (as long as it doesn't turn into

brown-nosing, also called butt-kissing -- hope it's okay to post that in the forum). They don't respect kissups,

but they do respect gentlemen.

Gegogi
01-21-2005, 01:05 AM
The term "broad" is listed as an

offensive slang for a woman or girl in my American Hertitage Dictionary. Honestly I haven't heard the term used

outside of WWII vintage movies and my long dead grandpa! So you're dating yourself with such a term. Interestingly,

"chick" is simply listed as slang for woman or girl and is not described as offensive.

When younger and dumber

I used give my number to women I met in bars. I had a terrible weakness for strippers. I usually forgot about it

until I figured out they were the ones giving me crank and obscene phone calls! One even called my wife a bitch!

sito
01-25-2005, 03:09 PM
I meant that it is

a sign to me (and others) that you don't really respect them. And if you don't really respect them when they are

not around, how sincere do you feel you will seem when you are with them? Live the attitude and you don't have to

fake it. Some guys, of course, are very good at faking it. We've all known jerks who have scored with girls,

trampled their feelings, and moved on. I'm not saying you are like that, but it does leave me with the impresssion

that your attitude could use a little seasoning.

Women of all ages appreciate respect (as long as it

doesn't turn into brown-nosing, also called butt-kissing -- hope it's okay to post that in the forum). They

don't respect kissups, but they do respect gentlemen.

Well I couldn't care less about the

impression you have of me. I treat women with respect whenever I'm in their presence and I know when to hide my

tounge. I don't fake anything. My personality and attitude does not change even when I'm talking to a woman. Just

because I use the word "broad" in private or when I'm talkin to my boys, you attempt to label me as a "jerk" who

puts on a different face around women?

I never thought I would see profiling on a site like this. Don't try

to judge people based on a single term that they use on an internet message board playboy. You don't know me so

don't try to suggest that I "season" my attitude.

But I guess this is where our cultures and backgrounds

collide. A dictionary may label "broad" as a hurtful term, but where I'm from and where I grew up it was something

that was used on a daily basis. I hate to say "hood" or "ghetto" but you can say that it is where I earned my

stripes. If you compared my attitude and speech to my boys who still live back home you would see that I'm as

polished as a diamond.

We all have things that we would NEVER say in front of a lady. Showing that kind of

restraint is a sign of respect if you didn't already know.

Friendly1
01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Well I couldn't

care less about the impression you have of me. I treat women with respect whenever I'm in their presence and I know

when to hide my tounge. I don't fake anything. My personality and attitude does not change even when I'm talking

to a woman. Just because I use the word "broad" in private or when I'm talkin to my boys, you attempt to label me

as a "jerk" who puts on a different face around women?
No, just because you use the word "broad" in that

way with me, a total stranger, projects to me that you don't feel much respect for women in your heart.

This

isn't profiling. I am just telling you what sort of impression you made on me. There are no guarantees that

impressions are accurate.

But I guess this is where our cultures and backgrounds collide. A dictionary

may label "broad" as a hurtful term, but where I'm from and where I grew up it was something that was used on a

daily basis. I hate to say "hood" or "ghetto" but you can say that it is where I earned my stripes. If you compared

my attitude and speech to my boys who still live back home you would see that I'm as polished as a diamond.

You talk about the boys and the way they talk when the girls aren't around. That indicates a disconnect

between what the boys think and what the girls think.

But you are right about cultural differences between you

and me. There is also a disconnect between you and me.

No harm need come of it between us, but you may want to

keep in mind that when you are interacting with people from different backgrounds than yours in ANY capacity (not

simply online), simply being yourself may not be enough.

And that is equally true for all of us, regardless of

our backgrounds.