PDA

View Full Version : The cost of pheromones

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:34 PM
Just for kicks - I\'m looking at prices of components in catalogs - labs actually get these at discounts a little below these prices - anywhere from 10-30% off.

Androstenone 50mg $350
Androsterone 5g $205
Androstenedione 25g $160
Androstadienedione 5g $ 55
Androstenol 5g $165

These are rounded to the nearest $5. Androstenone is more expensive than some street drugs! The rest aren\'t too bad. There are a whole bunch of other pheromones which are available to labs but limited info is out on them and I wouldn\'t just go applying these to see what happens.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
Hmm interesting, Chemist...where did you get that catalog from? -Paul Austrailia, didn\'t you say something in a thread a while back about getting some of the pure stuff to see what would happen? Still wanna chip in for some?

**DONOTDELETE**
Interesting.
Do you know if there is an ideal carrier oil (or oily mixture) for pheros?
Also, is it possible to have water based pheromones?

-----
evolve

**DONOTDELETE**
Someone else posted the idea about getting the pure stuff,not me. These are avaialable from Sigma-Aldrich or Fluka - both have websites and you can browse their websites and if you register with them, they\'ll give you price quotes. They\'ve got checmical structures and info such as volatility, reactivity, toxicicity (or in the case of unknown compounds - warning that the substance is not tested). Personally, I\'ve thought of it, but Phil Stone pretty much has taken care of this for me and layed my curiosity to rest, at least for now.

There is water in most of the alcohol containing products. Aqueous solutions usually include alcohol products.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:35 PM
Read my first post in this thread. I was talking to Paul Austrailia about buying the pure pheros. That is why I wrote his name before that particular statement. I was not talking to you about that. That is the 2nd time you haven\'t read a post carefully.

(Edited by SubtleGuy at 9:15 pm on June 21, 2001)

**DONOTDELETE**
Huh? I read your post and I understood it fine! I KNOW HOW TO R_E_A_D.

R-E-A-D.

Today\'s post was sponsered by the letter \"R\" for READ. Not too Subtle Subtle guy! :-P

What did your first post say? You wanted to go to Australia and find a carefully packed guy named Peter - or was it Paul? Hmmm. Or was it that we gloss over your posts that you feel ignored? Hmmm?? Now that I know it makes you peeved when you believe people aren\'t paying full attention to you, I\'ll keep it mind when I respond and make sure I push the buttons I want to. Geez- maybe you\'re wearing too much pheronomes cause I feel really repulsed. Uggg.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
Play nice you two or I\'ll turn this car right around.

**DONOTDELETE**
If 50mg androstenone cost $350, 2mg will cost $14. Edge is a super good deal!

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:37 PM
The Edge (TE as Bruce calls it) has 2mg of pheromones, but probably not all of it is Androstenone. The most common companies that we buy chemicals from are all at this website:
http://www.sigma-aldrich.com/ (\"http://www.sigma-aldrich.com/\")

This was originally 4 or 5 independent companies that merged over the last few years. Androstenone is the most high cost pheromone. By comparison - and androstenol only formula would be relatively cheap to put 2 mg - since 5000mg (5g) is $165 or 5mg is 17 cents.

-----
Chemist