PDA

View Full Version : Chikara, New Year at Work, And Sadness

InternationalPlayboy
01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I've been away from work since the Wednesday before Christmas. I had "use or lose" sick leave to use

up and coincidentally was actually sick for most of the time I had off. Tried a bit of AE gel pack a couple of times

over my "vacation," but wasn't really into things due to my illness, so saw no results. Other than that, I didn't

use mones much at all.

Yesterday was my first day back to work. Unhappy to return, I was met with a message

on my computer that a virus was found on it and my hard drive had to be wiped clean of data. A couple of minutes

later, someone came into my office and asked me if it was true that my boss's wife had died last week. Needless to

say, that shocked me, and when my boss came in, he confirmed that she died of an aneurisim last Wednesday.

Filling me in on work I missed, he told me there was yet again another shuffling of offices and he was

moving out of the one I shared with him and two other people were moving in.

Now my problems of computer

virii and losing office space are trivial compared to a loss of a loved one. I was depressed all day, my boss's

wife was a nice lady and I felt bad for his loss.

Later that morning, I wondered if I had forgotten my

deodorant as I could smell one of my underarms, so I did a couple of light dabs of Chikara gel around my neck to

mask the smell (at least for myself). I forgot to apply anything that morning and it kind of helped my mood with all

of the bad news.

The next morning, before I left for work, I did one spray of Chikara to my neck and upper

chest. I felt a lot better today and my boss seemed more upbeat too. The moves started and I downsized my cubicle

once again (I feel like I'm in the trash compactor scene in the Star Wars movie).

The thing that I noticed

though, and what prompted me to post this, was that the guys who moved in were so respectable to me about moving in

that it was almost annoying. They kept asking me if it was alright to do this or that when I didn't really care

what they did outside of my space. There was also an occurence of a woman who I've never talked to (and not

interested in) stopped and made one of those comments/questions one makes when trying to break the ice with someone

while I was reconfiguring some network patchcords.

The "new" Chikara has too strong of a scent for me to

wear more than one spray at work, but Chikara's still my favorite for work do to the respect and the attitude

adjustment I get from it.