PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Support

Scott
01-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Ok so its technically not

a custimer Service Issue for you guys i guess, but if you want my money trhen i need help :D

For starters i

live in the UK, and so i'm looking for help from either fellow brits or people who are experienced with paypal.

I have been a member here for about a day, read an awful lot, and figured it was worth having a go with some

mones.

However i dont have a credit card...visa etc, i have a bank /debit card switch/maestro...so i try to

setup my Paypal account. Here is where i get stuck.

I did the inital stuff, gave them my bank details did some

verification stuff, they rang me up at home and i entered the 4 digit code they sent me.......
Then i get to this

bit about setting up my direct debit...so i give them my account info, sort code etc and i get to this.......

Check your bank statement or call your bank in 3-5 business days to find out the exact amounts of these two

deposits............
Log in to your PayPal account, click the Set up Direct Debit link, and enter these amounts.

I got my statement about a few days back so unless i go into town to the bank to get these details i cant use

paypal??

Does this mean that i cant place my order until i get this bit done? It might seem like a silly answer

to some of you but the reason i ask is that after all the stuff i had to enter, name, adress, bank details,

verification phone call, sortcode, account number....... it just seems like an awful amount of details to hit a

stumbling block.

Also, if i have to wait in order to do this bit, okay i guess :( but then how does it work,

paypal aren't the easiest payment scheme ive seen....if i make an order with paypal, and im not even sure how i do

this............do they take the money straight out of my Real bank account for me? via this direct debit, or do i

have to put money from my real bank account into this paypal account before i can purchase goods.

Cheers folks

:)

belgareth
01-03-2005, 05:55 PM
That is the way Paypal works.

Everybody who uses it goes through the same BS. There's not a thing anybody can do about it. When I set up my

Paypal account I was able to log onto my bank account online and get the info I needed. Do you have that option?

Scott
01-03-2005, 06:16 PM
No i dont mate :sad:

Im

gonna sign up now, probably have to wait days/weeks for that to go through probably, but atleast ill have it for

future cases.

Thanks for replying :)

belgareth
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I use PAypal for both sending

and recieving money. Once it's set up, it's pretty easy to use. It's just a pain to set up.

CptKipling
01-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Scott,

Send me a PM, I've

got some info you'll find useful, I'm from the UK as well.

Scott
01-08-2005, 05:33 AM
Well i have setup my online

banking account, but paypal still haven't give me these damned deposits :think:

How long do the

want!!!:frustrate

Scott
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok so im still waiting for paypal

to do there thing.

I know i may seem impatient, but it seems like its been ages now.

How long did it take

for other people to get deposists made by paypal, so you can verify your account???

thanks for your help :)

ManBeast
01-10-2005, 07:49 PM
It can take up to a week if I

remember correctly.

MB