PDA

View Full Version : Scent of the Father + Pheros

bronzie
12-28-2004, 06:37 AM
If

pheromone signature is the reason why a female is attracted to a man, and if it is also the reason why a couple end

up together, then why throughout history in every culture have marriages and unions been organized and forced by

parents and elders. It is only a relatively new phenomenon that girls and guys have actually had any choice with

whom they want to date and end up with. And In most parts of the non-western world, girls still don?t have a choice,

sad as that might seem.

What I?m getting at here is that do parents, or friends of the target girl, sniff out

a prospective partner even before she does? If pheros have played such a big role in courtship and union throughout

history, then it only makes perfect sense that parents also have very good noses for a prospective partner. I think

pheros work, I definitely have had some real experiences with them, but I don?t think they actually do much in the

grander scheme of things, girls stay or are attracted to men for a multitude of reasons.

I once read that if

you know and wear the signiture cologne a girl?s father wears or wore when he was young, that has a greater

psychological influence on her liking you then any other scent available on the market. One of the first things I

ask a women with whom I?m about to go out to a date with, is what type of cologne does or did her father wear,

reason being, girls end up and feel more comfortable with men who resemble their father, either in looks or in

personality, and the signature scent of her father seems always to be a powerful tool in my dating game. I have

accumulated so many colognes from the 60s 70s and 80s that I feel like a vintage perfume shop, i hate most of them,

but they seem to love them. Smell and scent has a powerfull effect on memory, whether its on the Conscious or

sub-Conscious level.

Ask a girl the scent that her father or big brother wore when she was a teenager,

combine that with a good pheromone and you?re on a winning course, that?s my experience anyway.

BIONIC MAN
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
If pheromone

signature is the reason why a female is attracted to a man, and if it is also the reason why a couple end up

together, then why throughout history in every culture have marriages and unions been organized and forced by

parents and elders. It is only a relatively new phenomenon that girls and guys have actually had any choice with

whom they want to date and end up with. And In most parts of the non-western world, girls still don?t have a choice,

sad as that might seem.

What I?m getting at here is that do parents, or friends of the target girl, sniff out a

prospective partner even before she does? If pheros have played such a big role in courtship and union throughout

history, then it only makes perfect sense that parents also have very good noses for a prospective partner. I think

pheros work, I definitely have had some real experiences with them, but I don?t think they actually do much in the

grander scheme of things, girls stay or are attracted to men for a multitude of reasons.

I once read that if

you know and wear the signiture cologne a girl?s father wears or wore when he was young, that has a greater

psychological influence on her liking you then any other scent available on the market. One of the first things I

ask a women with whom I?m about to go out to a date with, is what type of cologne does or did her father wear,

reason being, girls end up and feel more comfortable with men who resemble their father, either in looks or in

personality, and the signature scent of her father seems always to be a powerful tool in my dating game. I have

accumulated so many colognes from the 60s 70s and 80s that I feel like a vintage perfume shop, i hate most of them,

but they seem to love them. Smell and scent has a powerfull effect on memory, whether its on the Conscious or

sub-Conscious level.

Ask a girl the scent that her father or big brother wore when she was a teenager, combine

that with a good pheromone and you?re on a winning course, that?s my experience anyway.

I am off to buy brut,aqua velva:wave:

DCW
12-28-2004, 11:51 AM
High Karate and Old Spice on my

shopping list.

DCW

Friendly1
12-29-2004, 11:10 AM
If pheromone

signature is the reason why a female is attracted to a man, and if it is also the reason why a couple end up

together, then why throughout history in every culture have marriages and unions been organized and forced by

sad as that might seem.

What I?m getting at here is that do parents, or friends of the target girl, sniff out a

prospective partner even before she does?...
The evolutionary biologist would tell you that before we had

civilization (or even advanced human culture), our ancestors had to trust their instincts for selecting a mate. The

successful males got the fertile females, and everyone else fell by the wayside.

The repetition of this process

through the majority of unions over hundreds of thousands and millions of years reinforced the biological attraction

system (and refined it).

However, human evolution extended beyond mere biological innovation. Like ants, bees,

whales, dolphins, and many other species, we primates developed a social instinct which entailed a hierarchy of

prerogatives. That is, we established habits of dominance which led to other social innovations (such as commerce

and artistry and politics).

Pheromones don't tell you who is the most powerful prince in the kingdom of

faraway. But your parents and their friends may have an idea of what to look for in a man who has achieved

financial or political success.

Hence, families began using marriages to arrange alliances with each other. It

is a macrobiological phenomenon, whereas choice through physical and emotional attraction is more of a

microbiological (or sub-macrobiological) phenomenon.

...If pheros have played such a big role in

courtship and union throughout history, then it only makes perfect sense that parents also have very good noses for

a prospective partner....
There may indeed be something to your hypothesis, but other factors have to be

taken into consideration, especially since many arranged marriages occur without either family actually seeing the

prospective partner until the wedding day.

I once read that if you know and wear the signiture cologne a

girl?s father wears or wore when he was young, that has a greater psychological influence on her liking you then any

other scent available on the market. One of the first things I ask a women with whom I?m about to go out to a date

with, is what type of cologne does or did her father wear, reason being, girls end up and feel more comfortable with

men who resemble their father, either in looks or in personality, and the signature scent of her father seems always

to be a powerful tool in my dating game. I have accumulated so many colognes from the 60s 70s and 80s that I feel

like a vintage perfume shop, i hate most of them, but they seem to love them. Smell and scent has a powerfull effect

on memory, whether its on the Conscious or sub-Conscious level.
I have read this, too. But at my age,

associating myself with a girl's father is probably not a good idea.:nono:

I would be interested to know if

any older guys have successfully used a young girl's father's cologne to develop a relationship with her.