PDA

View Full Version : Latest Phero InfoUpdate

rjm
11-13-2001, 12:53 AM
Hey all -

I\'m back, though feeling like crap...

ANYway, the latest version of the phero info page is up.
http://www.pitt.edu/~rjm/phero/ (\"http://www.pitt.edu/~rjm/phero/\")

As always, feel free to copy, print, whatever.

Later!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2001, 01:28 AM
Interesting and useful info for a newbie like me...

So, how were these concentrations obtained? By the label, independent tests?

Also, I notice that NPA and TE are categorized as only containing androstenone. Has this been confirmed? I don\'t think the ratio has been disclosed for TE, at least.

rjm
11-13-2001, 01:40 AM
Actually, you\'d have to ask Wilde Oscar about that... He had the info and I had the time to put it into form.

Generally, it seems to be in the ads for each, especially the \"big guns\" of the bunch. I know that may not be very comforting, but judging by the experiences of those on the forum, the claims do seem to hold up. Some of the info may even be from other web pages. I admit to looking at the other pages for references, but I do my shopping here; the prices are the best, the service is great, the forum is a Godsend and the claims made in the ads are reasonable, as opposed to the \"Women will line up to have your children\" garbage that you\'ll see on other pages.

Oh yeah --
I know this may well read like I work for LS, but no, I don\'t. I got my best results with NPA, so I stick with it; it\'s included in at least MOST of the orders I place here (right Bruce? images/icons/smile.gif ). I *DO* experiment though with other things. I\'m still trying, though I don\'t see the Chem Sets or Single Phero Bottles in my future just yet.

Hope this helps!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2001, 02:23 AM
It looks like The Edge and NPA have the same phero content (2.4 mg androstenone per bottle). Why do you think NPA works better? Could it be the spray application? Maybe, people tend to put on less since the spray is less concentrated.

rjm
11-13-2001, 02:58 AM
NPA has some kinda secret ingredient spy stuff in it or something that nobody\'s been able to identify... Yet. Certainly the company isn\'t going to share; that\'d just be stupid!

I gotta say this about them though:
First, they both REEK!!! If you have either one, YOU KNOW; if you are going to get one or both, YOU\'LL FIND OUT.
*BUT* it seems that the NPA is actually easier to hide with cologne, oil, etc., perhaps because it\'s not atomized all over my bod... TE is actually unpleasant for me; I find MY OWN best use for it was as \"filler\" when mixed with Sandalwood TE (SWTE / TESW, etc.) The SW version is actually nice; original version helps it last longer without affecting the SW scent too much.

oscar
11-13-2001, 12:15 PM
Randy,

One Helluva Nice Job! images/icons/laugh.gif Thank You! images/icons/laugh.gif

At this point you\'ve probably logged more time charting it than I did researching it!
Bruce should incorporate it into the Love-Scent site quickly, before something changes.

The research involved two weeks of surfing, searching, e-mailing manufacturers, and picking the brains of the good people on this Forum. It\'s only now, thanks to Randy, that the effort appears to have been worthwhile!

Again, Randy, THANKS!! images/icons/smile.gif We ALL owe you a debt of Gratitude!

Oscar images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2001, 11:21 PM
Great job Randy, this is really going to help me choose my next purchase.
PC images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2001, 12:03 AM
Hey, good work by you!

It certainly simplified the labels by grouping them as \'none, \'rones, \'rols, and \'copulins\' (whatever THEY are?), and \'vomeropherins\' - definitely a Realm neologism. (Wherefore art though, VNO? A \'mone by any other name, would smell as sweat??)

It still scratches my noodle though, that the pheromone contents are often mixtures of 20 - 40 components, rather than just 2 or 3 as listed, as per David Berliner, George Dodd, etc.

I wonder if Phil Stone would agree that the labels can be reduced to simple adding and subtracting of the contents as listed. Unless by \'6N,3L,1R\' etc, you mean that there are 6 different types of \'nols? Or do you mean simple *ratios* of 6:3:1?

Either way, though, it certainly is a significant inroads into pheromonery product categorisation.

Well done again! images/icons/laugh.gif

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: mycroft ]

rjm
11-14-2001, 04:13 AM
Thanks y\'all, I\'m touched! images/icons/blush.gif

ANYWAY --

There are at least 4 pheros, N,L,R, and Cops, so there are probably more. Odds are though, it\'s the ratios of A:B:C, plus fillers and scents.

Later!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2001, 12:03 PM
So the question needs to be what are the other phero types and are they being used and not listed. Also it could explain some of the edge secret ingredients
but if NPA has nol and none in it then of course the edge will have nol and none in it as well in the same ratios am i right on that one jambat says that this is the case and my posts are still going walkies off the forum does anyone know where they went.

Also great work randy i did have another post but it got removed again or vanished must be having forum troubles again oh well.

Keep using AE everyone its great stuff.

Has anyone thought of setting up a chat room where we can get together to discuss other phero issues that are censored on the forum you know an independent discussion area.