PDA

View Full Version : Solarium / Fake Tan + Pheromones = Success

bronzie
12-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I have discovered over a period of months that having been under solarium lights and having my skin

darkend will boost the effectivness of pheromones 100 fold! I think it might have to be the result of the skin

temperature being higher after prolonged solarium use or perhaps certain natural chemicals that are excreted through

the skin only do so after prolonged sun/UV ray exposure? Whatever the reason, in my experience I have had great

success with pheros after a ive had a few visits to a solarium parlor.

Perhaps it might just simply be that

people look healthier and better looking when tanned, just my opinion? Like the saying goes " tall dark and

handsome" ?

Has anyone had any expirience with what im describing here?

bjf
12-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Any chance the lights kill certain

bacteria or alter?

phersurf
12-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I can't remember where read

it, but there was a study that indicated that getting a tan will slightly raise testosterone levels.

CptKipling
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
I can't

remember where read it, but there was a study that indicated that getting a tan will slightly raise testosterone

levels.
Yep, I was just about to say the same thing.

Apart from that, a tan can be more attractive.

phersurf
12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Apart

from that, a tan can be more attractive.

I just heard someone say, "tan fat is more attractive than

white fat".

I laughed pretty hard!

Gegogi
12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
But don't over do it. I have

surfer and tennis friends that looked like prunes by 30. Now they go to the dermatologist regularly to have chunks

trimmed off...

Numanoid
12-22-2004, 01:50 PM
But

don't over do it. I have surfer and tennis friends that looked like prunes by 30. I agree. I know

a woman in her early 40s and her skin looks like old leather now. Especially her upper chest, along with spots.

Not attractive at all. She's very fit though and probably was quite hot looking at a younger age but not anymore.

All that sun and tanning booths did their damage. Sad thing is she still goes to tanning salons and lays out in

the sun thinking it makes her look better. She has this almost orange look all year round.

Icehawk
12-22-2004, 02:39 PM
ok, so once again, everybody

togheder now, nice and loud on 3, 2, 1... MODERATION!!!!

eric_pelletier_tw
12-22-2004, 03:18 PM
hum you gys get TLC ?

there is a show called "major transformation" or somthing [tru surgerie] there was that 40yo that looked like a 70yo

so think twice before you go all brown :P [happy for her that she was on that show :) looked beter after...]

jvkohl
12-22-2004, 09:55 PM
I've written that tall, dark and

handsome is merely a visual description of an olfactory profile. Each characteristic is related to testosterone

production. Anything that makes you visually appear as if you have a more masculine scent signature is most likely

to get you increased attention. At least that's the way it works in men--can't use the same logic in women who

tan--except that the "look" is culturally programmed--as opposed to the extremely pale geisha girl look.

The difference in testosterone levels between men and women is what increases the red blood cell count in

men to levels where the hematocrit can be somewhat visualized. Similar effects in other animals, the lion's mane is

darker with increased testosterone and females prefer the darker mane. Anemia, and the pale skin associated with it

in men, is not typically considered desireable. So, maybe next time you think about it, you'll also think about how

much pheromones have influenced your personal preferences that you thought were merely visual

preferences.

JVK

tim929
12-23-2004, 08:58 PM
I am comming to the conclusion

that this whole thing about smell and attraction has alot too it.I recently found myself very drawn to a woman

that...for lack of a better or more tactful description...isnt what one might call,attractive.She isnt ugly by any

means...but to look at her she isnt the kind of woman that I would usualy find myslef attracted too.But there is

something about her that absolutly drives me nuts.And it wouldnt supprise me if it's her scent.Because I can assure

you it isnt her looks.

ismellgood
12-24-2004, 02:58 PM
I would never tan, and I

generally avoid women who do.
In addition to the skin damaging effects, I find that it makes the user look

trashy.
My woman has noted that she has always preferred pale men.

lordcrazyd
12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
ismellgood, what women say

and what they want are 2 different things.

ismellgood
12-28-2004, 01:37 AM
lordcrazyd,
As a

generality, I agree.
But for the issue of liking pale men, my woman says and wants/does the same

thing.

eric_pelletier_tw,
In addition to tanning making women look trashy, you are right that it slowly

destroys the skin, leathering and wrinkling it. I notice subtle damage much earlier than that as well. I like nice

skin both for myself and for the female skin against which I move.

esk6969
12-28-2004, 07:47 AM
What about those spray/tanning

booths? As I understand it, they tan with chemicals, not with light. So, at least they are not giving UV damage.

Don't know about whether the chemicals cause long term damage with repeated exposure or not.

I think it all

comes down to whether or not someone looks "healthy", and tans are generally associated with a "healthy" look, which

is why bodybuilders and fitness models all do it. Plus, one thing I've always thought about tans, is that they

particularly offset white teeth. In other words, whitened teeth look whiter against tan skin, and tan skin looks

tanner against white teeth. And again, both are generally associated with a look of health, which probably signals

subconscious evolutionary selection breeding signals, hence our tendency to find and consider such characteristics

attractive. One interesting thing I saw on a tv special once was where they digitally edited out all blood lines in

the whites of the eyes of the models in photographs, because whiter eyes are also associated with all of the same

signals.

a.k.a.
12-28-2004, 08:34 AM
But don't over do it.

I have surfer and tennis friends that looked like prunes by 30. Now they go to the dermatologist regularly to have

chunks trimmed off...

I’ve been playing tennis (recreationally) for about 30 years. I’ve been

consciously trying to take good care of my skin for about 15 years: aloe vera moisturizers, vitamin E, lots of water

& lots of sunblock. My skin is still pretty soft but I do have some spotting.
I think whatever you do

there’s always a trade off. I do notice more hits when I have a tan, but the effect doesn’t seem so dramatic that I

would try to maintain it all year round.
IMO the greatest complement to pheromone use is regular exercise.

The benefits include increased natural pheromone production, increased metabolism (speeds the evaporation process?),

increased confidence, mood elevation, decreased stress/tension, and a healthy glow that is arguably more attractive

than any tan.

bjf
12-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Ummm, check this

out:

http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=149065#post149065

ismellgood
12-30-2004, 04:47 AM
esk6969,
I do not know

what the long-term effects of the spray tans are (but we do know the long-term effects of light-based

tanning).

a.k.a.,
I agree with you that the exercise glow is far better than the radiation-damage

tan.

bjf,
see my reply to that post there.

chococat
12-30-2004, 05:08 PM
I have

discovered over a period of months that having been under solarium lights and having my skin darkend will boost the

effectivness of pheromones 100 fold! I think it might have to be the result of the skin temperature being higher

after prolonged solarium use or perhaps certain natural chemicals that are excreted through the skin only do so

after prolonged sun/UV ray exposure? Whatever the reason, in my experience I have had great success with pheros

after a ive had a few visits to a solarium parlor.

Perhaps it might just simply be that people look healthier

and better looking when tanned, just my opinion? Like the saying goes " tall dark and handsome" ?

Has anyone had

any expirience with what im describing

here?http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/pr

ototypen/prototypen.htm (http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_II/Psychologie/Psy_II/beautycheck/english/proto

typen/prototypen.htm)

Hard to say! Tanned skin is listed as one of the hallmark features of a beautiful

face, regardless of sex.

On the other hand, if you're in a country like Japan where pale skin is thought to be

very sexy (at least in women,) it might be different.

I also read a study that said that the sexiest, happiest

people could be fat, pale, people basking in the sun on the beach (fools with the happiness chemicals in your brain

somehow, sun exposure and extra fat.)

So it could be that the sun exposure (especially during the wintertime)

elevates your mood to some extent, in turn giving you greater confidence.

I'll stick with my Morticia Addams

pale skin, personally, and just take a little bit of L-tyrosine to boost my mood. ;)

ismellgood
12-31-2004, 01:32 AM
chococat,
I find "Morticia

Addams pale skin" a turn-on.
As I have told several women, if I want a dark skinned woman, I will pursue a

genuinely dark-skinned woman, not a relatively light-skinned woman who is trying to damage her skin.
And in

addition to not finding the acute effects of tanning attractive, I am always keenly aware of the long-term

destructive effects of tanning (leathering, spotting, wrinkling).

And as for those fat people on the

beach,
Fat people are definitely less

sexual:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=1521320

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=1520506

(and much more)