PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ?

obie
12-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone, this is my

first post on this board, though I have found reading extemely interesting. By way of a short intro, let me say

that I am a 25 year old grad student with an athletic build.

I have a question that doesn't seem to be answered

anywhere although it seems like it would be fairly common. I did discuss it over PM with Belgarion and we came to a

conclusion, but I would be interested in what others think on the matter. Enough preface.

I am wondering

whether people in your social circle get accustomed to your elevated 'mone levels after prolonged use and how a

sudden drop in those levels would affect them. Basically, the question is 1) whether the effects of 'mones

diminish with time, and 2) whether stopping the use of 'mones after prolonged usage will bring about a strong

"negative" reaction from those around you.

For example, if you meet a girl wearing 'mones and continue seeing

her while wearing them, would you have to increase the amount you use after a period of time? Also, is it very

likely that she would stop seeing you if you stopped wearing them? How important are the 'mones in the "creating

attraction" framework? What about others in your social circle?

Would appreciate all thoughts on the matter.

starboy
12-21-2004, 12:46 AM
thats a pretty good question.

I'm a newbie myself so I can't answer it. what conclusion did you and bel come to?

CptKipling
12-21-2004, 07:52 AM
I am wondering

whether people in your social circle get accustomed to your elevated 'mone levels after prolonged use and how a

sudden drop in those levels would affect them. Basically, the question is 1) whether the effects of 'mones diminish

with time, and 2) whether stopping the use of 'mones after prolonged usage will bring about a strong "negative"

reaction from those around you.

Would appreciate all thoughts on the matter.
Hi Obie, and welcome!

1) Yes and no. There are a few factors that tell us that effects do sometimes diminish, but these can sometimes be

explained by buildup (and/or increased bacterial activity). The actual pheromonal effect on other people should not

decrease (if it is, something is going wrong), but people who are in your company consistantly may get used to your

signature, thus making it less shocking and reducing the strong reactions.

2) No more so than stopping wearing a

mix in the short term. You *probably* won't get good positive reactions any more (although "post usage" reactions

do happen due to a lingering good impression).

Hope this helps.

luckyhorse
12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
if i quit using pheromones [which i will not} would my current relationship which is fairly new take a

360 degree turn for the worst or would i still be able to maintain it as easily as it is now?

CptKipling
12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
if i quit

using pheromones [which i will not} would my current relationship which is fairly new take a 360 degree turn for the

worst or would i still be able to maintain it as easily as it is now?
I doubt it, but it depends on how

you act.

Anirama
12-22-2004, 02:11 PM
maybe try and gradually 'wean'

yourself off of the mones. like, slowly reduce the dose until you are not using any. (works for narcotics....why not

pheromones?)