PDA

View Full Version : Oscar asked...WHat Colognes do You Use w/Pheros?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2001, 01:21 PM
Well Oscar asked it in another post;

So what Colognes do you (we) use when mixing with pheros?

I myself have three cologne I use very well pheros. All three I have found prior to my phero use. And all three I like and blends with my own body chemistry favorably.

First is CK One - This mixes favorable with TE and NPA

Second: Tsar - This stuff has a real heavy leather and musk Base note. Mixes great with NPA, TE and Attraction. But go easy it is a strong scent and easy to go overboard with.

Third: Xryus (original)- A spicy, leathery, Sandalwoody cologne. Mixes great with NPA, TE and Andro 4.2

Okay guys (And Gals) What do you like to use.

TCO

Whitehall
11-12-2001, 01:30 PM
In my limited experience, Dolce and Gabbarino(sp?) (aka D&G) and TE work well together, at least for my body chemistry. Another good cologne with TE is \"Good Life\" by Davidoff. Both seem to have a deep, rich base note that may be vetiver and/or tobacco. I suspect both of have \'mones in them already given female reactions although I\'ve yet to have a DIHL with any of them alone or in combinations - DRATS.

I would be interested in trying a very high end, very psychoactive musk cologne - any suggestions?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2001, 06:57 PM
I picked up some great cologne called Burberry made in Paris/London at TJ Maxx discount store. It\'s a great mix over NPA, TE as it has a deep complex musk \'base tone\'. One short spray is still noticeable 12 hours later-quality stuff. On another product note I finally got my pocket spray atomizer from atomizersking.com. It cost $17 including shipping from Canada, took about three weeks from my online order, BUT is built well, has a 3ml glass container and works great. You might get faster service if you call. Bruce mentioned that he\'d tried to order from them but they never replied. Sooo not ideal but they have an amazing selection. I\'ve tried NPA, APA, AFA, AE and TE. So far the best results for me have been with the Jambat NPA/APA and then this mix + AFA.(dabbed on) Despite all the good press on these postings, I haven\'t noticed any response to the AE or TE?? Maybe I need to OD with it? Several people have tried to describe the smell of the TE. To me it smells like baby powder(!) for the first 15 minutes and then I smell the NPA androstenone. Is my nose out of wack or what? I ordered the TES but am trying the TE plain. I have a question about DIHL. A total 10 knockout young woman I work with walked up to me when I had the Jambat mixture dabbed on, and turned sideways and just stared into space for about 10 seconds with a look on her face like she was lost or trying to remembering something, then walked away. Is this the DIHL or is serious eye contact a necessary part of the official DIHL look? Sorry for all the run-on comments. I\'ve been reading all these postings for awhile and wanted to contribute something. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2001, 06:59 PM
I picked up some great cologne called Burberry made in Paris/London at TJ Maxx discount store. It\'s a great mix over NPA, TE as it has a deep complex musk \'base tone\'. One short spray is still noticeable 12 hours later-quality stuff.

On another product note I finally got my pocket spray atomizer from atomizersking.com. It cost $17 including shipping from Canada, took about three weeks from my online order, BUT is built well, has a 3ml glass container and works great. You might get faster service if you call. Bruce mentioned that he\'d tried to order from them but they never replied. Sooo not ideal but they have an amazing selection.

I\'ve tried NPA, APA, AFA, AE and TE. So far the best results for me have been with the Jambat NPA/APA and then this mix + AFA.(dabbed on) Despite all the good press on these postings, I haven\'t noticed any response to the AE or TE?? Maybe I need to OD with it? Several people have tried to describe the smell of the TE. To me it smells like baby powder(!) for the first 15 minutes and then I smell the NPA androstenone. Is my nose out of wack or what? I ordered the TES but am trying the TE plain.

I have a question about DIHL. A total 10 knockout young woman I work with walked up to me when I had the Jambat mixture dabbed on, and turned sideways and just stared into space for about 10 seconds with a look on her face like she was lost or trying to remembering something, then walked away. Is this the DIHL or is serious eye contact a necessary part of the official DIHL look?

Sorry for all the run-on comments. I\'ve been reading all these postings for awhile and wanted to contribute something. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-12-2001, 09:30 PM
Hi Andre

DIHL is basically a \"stare\" as what a deer does when it locks its eyes on you. But what you probably get is another kind of hit called DIOS (Deer in Outer Space) LOL images/icons/laugh.gif
I just made that up. Who knows it might become a trend! images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2001, 10:14 AM
Hey Andre,

RedCap has it right. Deer in Outer Space. I like that. But yes that was a DIHL , kinda confused look, big wide eyed stare, almost to the point you might think she is stoned. You may also see a small flush of the face when you have a good DIHL/DIOS.
As far as your smell of TE \"BabyPowder\"? Humm, well I know that some cannot smell the pheros to well. That is just the fact. But that does not mean they have no effect. Kinda like if you can roll your tongue and others cannot. But I have never heard it smell like Baby Powder before. Anyway thanx for posting a response.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
11-13-2001, 07:08 PM
My experience is limited to Xcite! wipes and the original Realm for men.

Xcite! does tend to have a rather marked BO smell at first on me anyway, but really goes well with any of my chypre or fougere fragrances, but I have acidic skin so I tend to use an after-shave lotion (eg. Pi by Givenchy, or L\'Egoiste by Chanel). Realm went well with the more citrusy body lotions, like CK, L\'Egoiste again, or just by itself.

A good web-site to compare similar class of fragrances is www.basenotes.com, (\"http://www.basenotes.com,\") which incidentally have a section on it which asks for comments from people who have used pheromone potions (!!). Maybe they should link back to this site instead.

Anyway ... it\'s a good site for working out which colognes you might want to try next; similar groupings have similar \'base\' notes at the \'bottom\' of their fragrance pyramids.

Cheers.

rjm
11-14-2001, 04:36 AM
Interesting question...

I use mostly scented oils, actually. Vanilla, Rose(VP), Patchouli(UP), whatever scent gets my attention, including some mixes.
[ VP=Very Potent; UP=Ungodly Potent]

ANYway, here\'s a mix I may dig back out:

MEN:
2 drops Patchouli oil
5 drops Orris (Iris) oil
2-4 drops Sandalwood oil
(I usually add a drop or two of Dragon\'s Blood)

WOMEN:
2 drops Patchouli oil
3-5 drops Lotus oil
OR
1-2 drops Patchouli oil
2 drops Sandalwood oil
3-5 drops Lavender oil

BOTH:
2 drops Patchouli oil
3-4 drops Sandalwood oil
1-2 drops Musk oil

Use a neutral oil, such as Jojoba or Almond (my pref.) as a carrier. Use up to equal amount of above mix.

My own opinion is to go light on the Patchouli; it\'s WAAAAAYYYYYY strong, and has a tendency to overpower the others in the mix.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-19-2001, 10:48 AM
Well I guess something is really buggered with this post but let us try again.....

oscar
11-19-2001, 03:16 PM
TC1 et al,

I\'m currently using \"Eau D\'Issey\" by Issey Miyake almost exclusively. A friend at work turned me on to it and I owe him a real debt of gratitude. It has a somewhat high-end overall scent to which pheros, especially heavy A-None products, add a great base-note.

In descending order of my preference, I\'ve mixed it with NPA, Phero kit AE knock-off, P10, and AFA. It has a very long lasting fragrance which makes it a great mixer for pheros. And it seems the heavier the A-None content of the additive, the more the base notes of the cologne are emphasized.

It\'s more fruity, but it has some floral tones. In a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio, cologne to NPA, it becomes almost a different fragrance.

The effect on women is wonderful. I\'ve had girls virtually climbing me to get a better sniff, and I\'m often asked what cologne I\'m wearing. I believe it\'s a relatively new scent on the market too, which is good, as this helps to keep one from smelling like a girl\'s Dad.
I\'ll give it a solid 10! images/icons/laugh.gif

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-19-2001, 04:04 PM
Close Wild man, but I agree, L\'Eau D\'Issey by Miyake is great too. I think that it is
in that Fougere group where you get the mixture of woody notes with lavender and citrus top notes.

Quoting from a product piece that I got one rainy but memorable day in a Vancouver department store:

\"Issey Miyake introduced L\'Eau D\'Issey in 1993. It is the result of the following top fragrance notes: juniper, bergamot and lavender. The middle (or \'heart\') notes are: sage, coriander and freesia, and the base of the fragrance is: sandalwood, moss & cedar.\"

I can guarantee that you won\'t smell like anyone\'s dad! (Except my daughter\'s, and NONE of you are getting anywhere near her!!)

I stocked up on those little sample atomisers that the sales staff give away that are about the size of pen-cap. I got about thirty different ones in April, when I spent a rainy afternoon on a business trip bored out of mind until I decided to check out the fragrance counter at a big department store, and said \"I\'m looking for something new!\" At which point, four of the sales women spent the next hour fawning over me (must have been a VERY slow day for them) and spraying different colognes on bits of me and sniffing, comparing amongst themselves, etc.

Hey, they had fun and so did I, and apart from racing back to the hotel to shower 17 different smells off me, I scored thirty or so testers to play with as well.

You\'ll probably find one or two smells that suit you & your \'mones as well, particularly if you walk away with samples and try them out one by one. Dress sort of smart casual, and that way I\'m sure that having well-dressed women pamper, spray you and then sniff you, will be a bonus outcome too! images/icons/laugh.gif

It\'s all free, there are heaps of different fragrance houses, mostly female sales staff and there are plenty of department stores out there, guys, so go crazy - you\'ll be glad you did! images/icons/cool.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 04:29 PM
For essential oils... yes, patchouli is strong, and (in case anywone makes mixes and saves them) it gets stronger with time. Each true E-oil has a specific effect on people, some research might help everyone mix a scent that will compliment their \'mones!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-20-2001, 04:44 PM
oh, and if anyone has questions about the effect of a specific oil, just ask- I have a book of \'em right in front of me, no need for everyone to pay for the list!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 03:56 AM
Hey fellas, Well I have been using Mombo by Liz Claborn with my Andro. It seems to work pretty well. Spent the afternoon with this really atrsctive girl today and she kept commenting on how great I smelled.

oscar
11-21-2001, 06:11 AM
morselchip,

What about Pikaki? I found an E-oil by Kuumba called \"Pikaki Lei\", and the fragrance is wonderful. Reminds me of Hawaii, very floral, tropical, and exotic.
I\'m anxious to incorporate it into a phero mix. It\'s a somewhat feminine scent,in my opinion, but it smells so damn good that I\'m dying to try it!

mycroft,

When I wear an Issey/NPA mix, I swear I can smell BANANA in it! Am I DELIRIOUS? images/icons/shocked.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 03:12 PM
Hey Oscar,

Being a NPA \'virgin\', or as I prefer to call it \'NPA-naive\', I\'m not sure of NPA\'s natural smell.

Most banana flavours are very simple esters, as are vanilla and strawberry, so the combo might give a vanilla/banana smell, rather than a \'fresh fruit\', or citrus, smell.

Pi (by Givenchy) has this weird - to me - floral/fruity top note, but underneath is this yummy rich musky, vanilla, cedarwood smell; but I\'ve been told categorically that there ain\'t no vanilla in it. So, hey, only your nose knows.

Personally, I like L\'Eau D\'Issey as it is anyway, but my tester has dried up. So, I guess I\'ll have to force myself to wander back to the local perfume counter AGAIN, and get some attractive woman to spray it on me AGAIN, and then get her to sniff me AGAIN to check for a \'banana/ester-y\' note.

I\'m only doing this for you and the purpose of accuracy, you understand ... images/icons/wink.gif

Oh, and try some NPA too. images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-21-2001, 05:15 PM
Oscar,

Must admit, I\'ve never heard of that one.. If it\'s *by* someone though, it\'s probably not a true e-oil, and so doesn\'t have the effects. I\'d say though, if you have some (or remember what it smells like really well) that any decent aromatherapist who carries perfume oils can recreate it for you..

ccbythesea
11-23-2001, 03:52 AM
Oscar,

Here\'s some info about the greatest fragrance place I\'ve ever found (and used). They have Pikaki perfume oil as well as every kind of musk, sandalwood, designer fragrance, etc.. They\'re a tad pricey but soooo well worth it. You can even order samples ($3.50 ea.). They are truly a \"class act\". The URL is:
http://TheFragranceShop.com/ (\"http://TheFragranceShop.com/\")

CC

**DONOTDELETE**
11-28-2001, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a good fragrence wilde thanks